patchy Posts: 779
    fabuloso, thanks man!

K
    point your handlebars towards the heavens and sweat like you're in hell
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    RichN95 wrote:

All wearing national kit there.

They allowed to put their team sponsor on their shorts, but they are still the national team shorts.

You go by colours I go by sponsors. Trade teams have different coloured for riders with different jerseys (national champ etc).

You see national shorts with a sponsor put on it. I see trade shorts with the colour changed to match the jersey.

Either way, it's not worth arguing over.

Well - it IS an internet discussion forum! Isn't everything worth arguing over? :)

I don't think Wiggo will be wearing a British skinsuit with Garmin logos on it. I'd bet he'll be wearing the standard British skinsuit with SKY on it. As I recall - the Brits seem to stick to the standard "uniform" pretty closely - regardless of trade team.

Seems other countries don't. Thus my error.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,159
    Pokerface wrote:
    I don't think Wiggo will be wearing a British skinsuit with Garmin logos on it. I'd bet he'll be wearing the standard British skinsuit with SKY on it. .

Fancy a bet on that?

20080925_TT_MILLAR_DAVID_05.JPG
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Pokerface
    RichN95 wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:
    I don't think Wiggo will be wearing a British skinsuit with Garmin logos on it. I'd bet he'll be wearing the standard British skinsuit with SKY on it. .

Fancy a bet on that?

That doesn't look like Wiggo to me! :oops: Seems you are correct though. I must pay greater attention in future!
  • man he looks pissed at the photographer...
  • Pokerface
    man he looks pissed at the photographer...
    Yeah - cause that shot makes him look fat!! :)
  • Wiggins has a cutomised TT helmet which should match his BC skinsuit very nicely, and his bike
  • DaveyL wrote:
    Cancellara's bike is the Specialized Shiv. Chris McCormack is riding it at the Ironman Hawaii in a couple of weeks' time:

Wait till you see what Faris will be riding:

storck-aero2-2010-a.jpg
  • simon_e
    simon_e Posts: 1,706
    _DSC2240.jpg
    I don't know if the camera might be tilted but that looks quite a steep gradient Brad's on.
    Aspire not to have more, but to be more.
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    DaveyL wrote:
    Cancellara's bike is the Specialized Shiv. Chris McCormack is riding it at the Ironman Hawaii in a couple of weeks' time:

Wait till you see what Faris will be riding:

storck-aero2-2010-a.jpg

Mmmm, that's nice.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • Pokerface
    RichN95 wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:

Fancy a bet on that?

Merely as a point of interest (because we were discussing it), Wiggins just left the start house - in generic GB team kit (with SKY all over it). But no Garmin logos on it!
  • Pokerface
    _DSC0069.jpg

And Cancellara riding his usual red Specialized bike - not the black and gold one in this pic!
  • Has anyone else noticed how small Cancellara's TT bike always looks. Guess it is so he can crawl right over the front wheel and get really aero but it often catches my eye.
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    Brad's been wearing those Bont shoes for a while but is it just me or does it look like there's an Adidas sticker on the top of them.
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • k-dog wrote:
    Brad's been wearing those Bont shoes for a while but is it just me or does it look like there's an Adidas sticker on the top of them.

Click on this photo for huge size. Adidas definitely there:
    http://garmin.blogs.com/.a/6a00d83451bb ... 13d970c-pi
    Contador is the Greatest
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    BigSpecs wrote:
    Has anyone else noticed how small Cancellara's TT bike always looks. Guess it is so he can crawl right over the front wheel and get really aero but it often catches my eye.

I think at the moment there's only one size of the Shiv available - I forget where I read that though.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    k-dog wrote:

Click on this photo for huge size. Adidas definitely there:
    http://garmin.blogs.com/.a/6a00d83451bb ... 13d970c-pi

Thanks, those are definitely Bont's - and it is actually just a sticker on the shoes. Funny stuff.
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • Contador is the Greatest