'Fake' team jerseys on ebay? or older year versions?

2»

Comments

• blade8
    blade8 Posts: 43
    looks like the same kit i got of ebay just last year and that were fake , tho the saxo bank top does look and fit good ......
  • I worked in Guangzhou (Canton as-was) a couple of hours up the Pearl river from HK. The copy stuff is incredible. Just because the zip says YKK, don't assume it's a YKK zip - the trouble they go to has to be seen to be believed. I bought a Tag Heuer copy watch for $15 (haggled down from $30) - I had loads of compliments on it for the two years that it worked - the metal strap eventually broke - the chronometer was still working perfectly. $15 - and there had to be a cut in that for the maker and the seller. The knock-off markets were incredible.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Check out my review...says it all :D

http://www.velonuts.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb2 ... 1283004004
  • I recently purchased one of these FAKE Castelli kits, knowing it was "probably" fake, and expecting the quality to be less. But thinking I could use it for everyday cycling, ended up costing me about $200 when the purple (yes...purple) dye from the fake shorts destroyed the white leather finish on my Selle Italia carbino saddle. Had to remove the finish with tar remover to get the purple-dye out of the leather, and then re-apply white leather polish to even try to and regain some resemblance of the original look, this was all after 15 minutes of sitting on the saddle.
    Pissed, I had to email the seller, told him it was a fake, and of course he refunded the full ammount no questions asked as they knew it was fake.

Dont waste the time, the money, or do Castelli the disservice of purchasign these fakes. They suck, and they should be sqwelched. Thsi is all opinion, of course, but i'd rather support Castelli directly than some unethical chinese designer.
  • giropaul
    giropaul Posts: 414
    If you aren't that bothered about having a current UCI team strip, there are always lots of used, but good, jerseys on e-bay from UK sellers - often from European clubs and small teams. Some sellers must go to Belgium etc and buy big job lots. They tend to go for around £3 to £25.

I actually quite like the "exclusivity" of having a jersey that you're unlikely to ever see a double of.
  • Kingy911
    Kingy911 Posts: 134
    I have recently bought fake Scott thermal top and bib longs (£14) and Quickstep s/s top (£10) from China. I knew they where fake but have to say I am over the moon with them, particularly the winter thermal set :D and if they last a season or two that'll do for me . I also found a supplier in Ireland who sells the genuine article as well as stuff that he had made in China for him, his prices are good,qaulity also seems excellent and his communication was 1st class,

www.supercycleclothing.com

ps. Call me sceptical, but before people start slagging me and casting aspertions, I am not on commission and do not know the owner, I am only passing on a positive transaction to fellow cyclist's who may (like me) be on a budget at the moment.
  • snoopsmydogg
    snoopsmydogg Posts: 1,110
    Kingy911 wrote:
    ps. Call me sceptical, but before people start slagging me and casting aspertions, I am not on commission and do not know the owner, I am only passing on a positive transaction to fellow cyclist's who may (like me) be on a budget at the moment.

I was sceptical but not of your post more from this one............
    I recently purchased one of these FAKE Castelli kits, knowing it was "probably" fake, and expecting the quality to be less. But thinking I could use it for everyday cycling, ended up costing me about $200 when the purple (yes...purple) dye from the fake shorts destroyed the white leather finish on my Selle Italia carbino saddle. Had to remove the finish with tar remover to get the purple-dye out of the leather, and then re-apply white leather polish to even try to and regain some resemblance of the original look, this was all after 15 minutes of sitting on the saddle.
    Pissed, I had to email the seller, told him it was a fake, and of course he refunded the full ammount no questions asked as they knew it was fake.

Dont waste the time, the money, or do Castelli the disservice of purchasign these fakes. They suck, and they should be sqwelched. Thsi is all opinion, of course, but i'd rather support Castelli directly than some unethical chinese designer.

1 time poster who registers just to reopen an old thread to talk about castelli clothing. hmmm :roll:

also how do you spend $200 on some tar remover and white polish? :shock:
  • giropaul
    giropaul Posts: 414
    Kingy911 wrote:
    I have recently bought fake Scott thermal top and bib longs (£14) and Quickstep s/s top (£10) from China. I knew they where fake but have to say I am over the moon with them, particularly the winter thermal set :D and if they last a season or two that'll do for me . I also found a supplier in Ireland who sells the genuine article as well as stuff that he had made in China for him, his prices are good,qaulity also seems excellent and his communication was 1st class,

http://www.supercycleclothing.com

I have done business several times with this guy as well, and confirm everything you say. He is totally open about what is real and what is a copy. I bought some shorts from him that were copies, and he said exactly how they were different. I've also had real team issue stuff (and it really is) stuff from him as well.