Working shifts Training advice

Chrisw1980
Chrisw1980 Posts: 39
edited September 2009 in Training, fitness and health
At the moment i work 3 days 3 nights 3 off i have been cycling for about 1 year but with no structure to training

On my days its out the house at 0430hrs then ride in 11miles shower in work then ready for shift about 40 mins cycle time (gentle ride in)
Then leave at 1800hrs for the return 11mile journey normally between 30 to 40 mins ( i can extend this by about an extra 30-40 again by de tours) (gentle ride home)

My nights is easier as i can normally leave the house after a good rest at about 1400hrs and do a longer loop and finish up at work about 2.5 hours to 3 hours
(longer ride normally about 50 miles)

Then my days off i can do whatever

Cos this is rolling shifts i cant get out with any clubs much!

Can anyone think of a structured plan to improve my riding around this kind of shift plan just to improve on the bike and maybe enter some sportivesand maybe try some TT next year.

Comments

• I'd say you're well placed with this shift pattern.

You might want to use the going home from day shift rides to ride as quickly as you can. (I'd go easy on the early morning way in to work ones.)
    You can get 3 mid distance (50 odd miles) training runs in on the going in for nights rides and you can ride all day long for 2 or 3 days a week if you want to. Your shift pattern will let you do club runs one week in 3 on average (though I'd say you only need those for practising chainganging etc).
    AND you live near to some pretty good hills.
    I'd say you could be pretty fit by next spring?
    Good luck anyway.