Retired Pro: What would you rather have won?

2»

Comments

• If its wider recognition in Great Britain you are looking for then it would be the Olympic Road Race.

Personally I would rather take Paris Roubaix
  • mandie
    mandie Posts: 218
    I suppose it is cheating a bit, but the ideal would be to win the Giro di Lombardia wearing the rainbow jersey.
    We\'ll kick against the darkness \'till it bleeds daylight
  • grown up watching it... made me get a bike ... reason i am still doing it now .... any stage of the tour, not bothered which, I stated earlier this year in another thread that chris hoys medals to me meant less than a single stage in the tour in terms of cycling, of course the british press disagree but they are wrong
  • Dgh
    Dgh Posts: 180
    mandie wrote:
    I suppose it is cheating a bit, but the ideal would be to win the Giro di Lombardia wearing the rainbow jersey.

Modify my previous answer to read, riding into Roubaix velodrome in the rainbow jresey. Taking the sprint clearly from a small bunch.

I'm too big even to dream about winning the Giro di Lombardia :oops:
  • simple - the Ronde in atrocious conditions and the winning move on the Muur
  • Tour Prologue. Tour Stage win and Yellow Jersey. Tick, Tick!!
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Great thread!

Giro Climbers Jersey, so much history and it's never gone to a Virenque style effort.

step forward Fabien Wegmann...........
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • Got to be P-R

Look at Maggy. Always and forever billed as former Roubaix winner.

I'd want a really muddy version and the chance to wallow in the glory on my lap of the velodrome.

What a cool trophy too.

The history. The mud, My own cobble. My name in a shower cubicle. the velodrome finish.

You can include the overall at the TdF and I'd still choose P-R.
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Roubaix. Ideally, I would enter the Velodrome alone after a crushing ride that makes Boonen et al announce their retirement and Merckx to weep at the quality of my staggering victory as I cross the line arms aloft
    M.Rushton