RPCC Ride + ToB Finale - Sat 19th Sept

2»

Comments

• weapons
    weapons Posts: 367
    Hi

Fellow Dynamo (and Dynamette) keen to join in now there's no park ride, if that's ok?

Cheers
    David
  • Berns12
    Berns12 Posts: 198
    weapons wrote:
    Hi

Fellow Dynamo (and Dynamette) keen to join in now there's no park ride, if that's ok?

Cheers
    David

Eh come along. I will be wearing my 'Mo jersey but keep a look out for a bunch of guys at the said meeting spot.
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
    mark_d wrote:
    Is this going to be a fast ride? As the park's off limits for the moment I'd be keen to smash out a short hills ride.
    Won't be up to your pace Mark! A fairly steady one - think Mo's 9am Sunday club run...
  • Rich-Ti
    The emu wrote:
    as Al mentioned crowds don't really get that bad.
    Reading the comments on Twitter and seeing the footage on ITV4 I wouldn't be so sure about that this year - I reckon it could be pretty busy :?
  • The emu wrote:
    Why don't we meet at same gate but then exit out and just take Mikeys fave route to other side of Kingston via Bushy Park?
    Great idea Wilf. A bit of variety.
  • Rich-Ti wrote:
    mark_d wrote:
    Is this going to be a fast ride? As the park's off limits for the moment I'd be keen to smash out a short hills ride.
    Won't be up to your pace Mark! A fairly steady one - think Mo's 9am Sunday club run...
    If there's a reasonably large crowd there could be the possibility of a split, with one group doing an extra, small loop and meeting at Box?
  • Myk-ee
    Myk-ee Posts: 276
    I'm in!

So was the start time 8:00, 8:03 or 8:10? :wink:

For those non mo's out there don't worry there are just as many non mo's that come along.

And as a few others have said, this isn't a fast ride so we'll wait at various crossroads as appropriate to regroup and ensure we all make it back home!!
    It's the vibe of the thing.
  • Rich-Ti
    If there's a reasonably large crowd there could be the possibility of a split, with one group doing an extra, small loop and meeting at Box?
    Not to be ruled out Nick - I certainly wouldn't mind a bit of extra pace and hills in places
  • Not sure about tomorrow now as I managed to ruin my rear indexing just now... :x
  • Rich-Ti
    Esoteric80 wrote:
    Not sure about tomorrow now as I managed to ruin my rear indexing just now... :x
    Pop round this evening if you want - I'll sort it 8)
  • Thanks so much Rich :D - is ok if I head over after work..?

What time do you get back?
  • Rich-Ti
    I'll be back by 5ish - come round whenever you want, I'm in all evening 8)
  • Great - see you about 6.
  • Probably not on for the ride tomorrow but will be at the ToB - any plans on where you'll be watching?
  • tyskie
    tyskie Posts: 252
    I've come down with a sore throat and general grottiness so probably won't be along tomorrow. :cry: Shame as it seems like there's one helluva crowd out. Hopefully I'll be at the ToB later so hope to see a few of you there.
  • Probably not on for the ride tomorrow but will be at the ToB - any plans on where you'll be watching?

Probably on the Embankment at the Whitehall end. If there's a big screen we'll see if we can get close to that. I'll PM you my mobile.
  • look forward to seeing most of you at 8, 8:03, 8:10 etc.
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    Enjoy. I won't be out of work until after 9am and have plans for remainder of the day.
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Myk-ee
    If I'm not there by 5 past don't wait for me. I might catch you up on route, I need sleep.
  • Hey guys,

Just wanted to say thank you very much for a very enjoying time this morning.
    I promise, I'll train hard on hills so you don't have to wait for me as much the next time.

Hope you enjoyed the arrival of the tour, and a well deserved pint!

cheers
    Oli
    FCN 4(?) (Commuter - Genesis Croix de Fer)
    FCN 3 (Roadie - Viner Perfecta)

-- Please sponsor me on my London to Paris ride --
    http://www.diabeteschallenge.org.uk/cha ... n_to_paris
  • I got there a bit late after taking a wrong turn on the way- think I arrived at 8:20. Did some exploring round Cobham and further south instead; covered 85 miles door-to-door so not too bad. Finished up in town to watch the ToB.......shame that I missed you all, I will try to get there on time for the next outing!
    Where\'s me jumper?
  • morph
    morph Posts: 63
    Cheers for dragging me along for the ride guys, in particular to J09 who dragged me up all those hills on the way to box hill and was always waiting for me at the top. Was absolutely shattered but a great ride!

Hope you all enjoyed the beers and ToB.

Btw has anyone complained about that bus?
  • NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    Can I just say a BIG THANK-YOU to the RPCC guys that I have rode with on my 3 previous rides.

Today I finally tried out a cycling club (Gregarios) local to my home and thoroughly enjoyed it. Had it not been for your guys encouragement i would never have tried them.

So now i have to try and split my rides between rides the two of you, although in the long term i aim to be able to do a ride on both Saturday and Sundays :shock: 8) I must say being able to almost freewheel the whole 9km home after a ride is much nicer than coming home via Hammersmith and Scrubs Lane :P

So again thanks :D
  • J09
    J09 Posts: 122
    Very nice ride this weekend. Altough the bunch got pretty split up ended up doing the long ride with "morph" and was able to enjoy the great scenery and some amazing lighting. I had my camera, but nothing matches the human eye...

To bad that we ended up also losing the bunch going back to Richmond, so the pub lunch was just we and Will... Still managed to meet the gang at the ToB finish line, so not too bad.

See you all next week, I hope...
  • Rich-Ti
    J09 wrote:
    To bad that we ended up also losing the bunch going back to Richmond
    The pace got pretty hot heading back - so hot I was nearly sick, and that's NEVER happened on an RPCC ride! Not even the hoonfest!

Hard ride yesterday, but I really enjoyed it 8)
  • weapons
    weapons Posts: 367
    Cheers guys for letting me join the ride on Sat - it was good to ride with a different group of people and meet a few more Dynamos.

Hope to join in again at some point in the future, though an imminent exam in two weeks time means I might just stick in a quick turbo trainer session in next weekend instead to save time.
  • Myk-ee
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    J09 wrote:
    To bad that we ended up also losing the bunch going back to Richmond
    The pace got pretty hot heading back - so hot I was nearly sick, and that's NEVER happened on an RPCC ride!

that's cause you were a little overdressed in knee warmers and arm warmers... :roll:
  • Rich-Ti
    Myk-ee wrote:
    that's cause you were a little overdressed in knee warmers and arm warmers... :roll:
    Pace not temperature Mykee - I was plenty comfortable in my usual gear ta very much! :wink::lol:
  • If any of you guys have the route we took, I'd be very grateful.
    Need to practice doing it again :)
    FCN 4(?) (Commuter - Genesis Croix de Fer)
    FCN 3 (Roadie - Viner Perfecta)

-- Please sponsor me on my London to Paris ride --
    http://www.diabeteschallenge.org.uk/cha ... n_to_paris