Pollok Park for absolute beginner?

2»

Comments

• Gimme a shout. I may be available to show you.
  • 77ric
    77ric Posts: 601
    fitch28 wrote:
    was planning on going down there for a pootle about tomorrow.

Would it be too cheeky to ask where it is what with it being hidden and all? :)

did you find it?
    Fancy a brew?
  • fitch28
    fitch28 Posts: 155
    hi,

went up to pollok park but didn't make it as far as the burrell. just messed around on the trails for a while until hubby managed to fly over the handlebars and crack his helmet :( .

will be back later in the week when he gets a new one and have a proper look then!
  • fitch28
    boardinbob

sorry didn't clock your post till too late. might give you a shout another time if thats ok?
  • 77ric
    fitch28

i'll be along there some point on saturday morning, not sure what time though but if you want me to show you give me a shout.

also i was along there earlier tonight, and i think my navigational skills are lacking 's not that near the burrel.

the path that climbs up between the blue and red follow that till the top then turn right fallow it till the fork at the bottom, on the left is a dirt section which might be a uphill or a downhill not sure but if you fallow that up you'll get it.
    Fancy a brew?
  • 77ric wrote:
    fitch28

the path that climbs up between the blue and red follow that till the top then turn right fallow it till the fork at the bottom, on the left is a dirt section which might be a uphill or a downhill not sure but if you fallow that up you'll get it.

That's a downhill section.
  • fitch28
    prob wont be able to get up on sat family duties and all that but cheers anyway, really appreciated!! :D
  • 77ric
    BoardinBob wrote:

thank fuck for that, i was really starting to question my climbing abilities :lol:

actually suspected it was, pretty rooty and quite good fun.

fitch28 your welcome, feel free to hit me up next time your down that way, like boardinbob i live just a few minutes from the park and wouldn't feel put out by showing you.
    Fancy a brew?
  • 77ric wrote:
    BoardinBob wrote:

thank fark for that, i was really starting to question my climbing abilities :lol:

actually suspected it was, pretty rooty and quite good fun.

fitch28 your welcome, feel free to hit me up next time your down that way, like boardinbob i live just a few minutes from the park and wouldn't feel put out by showing you.

Aye that's a good section. Starts up quite high. Nice run in to a rooty ditch, into that and you're out onto a rooty, rocky left hander with a wee optional drop, into a tight right then a steep rooty bit into a muddy rooty section with another drop then you're on the path. Go left or right to head back up to the start with various options for getting there off the tarmac path itself. More than happy to show anyone at anytime.
  • Just an update from the Mawanga.

I had a wee tour around Pollok Park last night with Nick1962, cheers for that mate. The tips you gave me were probably peanuts to you, but it was knowledge I never had before, so cheers man.

Routes were pretty short, but, short runs means short uphill sections, and believe me I was thankful for that. Lost traction a few times going uphill, but that was down to bad riding technique, hopefully to be rectified with practice. Remember Mawanga, don`t stand up!

And, I didn't fall off, or push uphill once. Miracles do happen. :D

So, answering my own question I started the thread with, for Google's sake, Pollok Park is pretty decent for a beginner. Not overly exerting, and if it is, its only 2 mins away from civilisation if things go horribly wrong. Of course, it helps if you have an experienced guide. I'll be going back, soon,

Too long, don't read?

:lol:
    Go listen to... www.wefunkradio.com
  • fitch28
    glad you enjoyed!

:D:D:D