Bike stolen while rider unconscious

13»

Comments

• Something doesn't sit quite right with that tale.

Correct, the three principles of dealing with such a report.

A Accept nothing
    B Believe no-one
    C Check everything
    'nulla tenaci invia est via'
    FCN4
    Boardman HT Pro fully X0'd
    CUBE Peleton 2012
    Genesis Aether 20 all season commuter
  • captainfly wrote:
    If there was an off that caused unconsiousness then there should really be medical reports and probably an emergency service call as there is no way anyone should be driving or on thier own after being knocked out, even seemingly minor head injurires can get serious without warning. Then there are neck injuries and all the other strains and bruising. I mean I came off a couple of weeks ago , nothing fast or serious just a slip in the mud and there are still yellow marks where I bruised and had groin strain for a week, if he doesn'twalk like John Wayne he is a liar :D

dude ... he fell of his bike, why would he be walking like john wayne ? god knows what happens to you when you fall off but it sounds like you get rode by a horse or something.
    i feel off on sat and landed on my head ... could have easily knocked myself out yet i have no bruises or cuts and i certainly did not end up walking like john wayne, and if i had off knocked myself out i defo would not have been calling an ambulance, whats the point once your awake ? and you cant call one while your out !
    if you ask me this sort of thing happens often, ppl helping at roadside crashes have their cars nicked, old grannys get battered in their own homes for pitance, this country is full of leaching scum, you could try giving the guy some support rather than blatently calling him a liar.

THE UK HOME TO SELF SERVING SCUM ... AND THATS JUST THE GOVERMENT !
  • Rich_E wrote:
    I'd personally like to think it's a scam (especially drawn to that by the fact it's not his bike) because I think it's pretty horrible to think that somebody could come across a person unconscious, who could possibly be seriously injured or dying on a trail and rather than get help, steal their bike and leave them for dead.

The thief didn't even call the emergency services after taking it... which again makes me really want to think that its a scam.[/q

DO YOU READ THE NEWS ? WORSE THINGS HAPPEN EVERYDAY, A CAR CRASHED IN COVENRTY A COUPLE OF WKS AGO THE GUY GOT OUT THE DRIVERS SIDE AND PULLED HIS HALF DECAPITATED PASSENGER OUT AND LEFT HER DYING ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD AND DROVE OFF. THE VERY SAME DAY A RED VAN SMASHED INTO A CYCLIST ON THE A46 NEAR SNITTERFEILD THREW HIM 30 FT ACROSS THE ROAD. IT HIT HIM SO HARD HIS HELMET AND HIS SHOES CAME OFF, GUESS WHAT ... THEY LEFT HIM THERE TO DIE .... SERIOUSLY I THINK SOME OFF YOU PPL LIVE IN THE CLOUDS ! WAKE UP
  • sickboy687 wrote:
    Rich_E wrote:
    I'd personally like to think it's a scam (especially drawn to that by the fact it's not his bike) because I think it's pretty horrible to think that somebody could come across a person unconscious, who could possibly be seriously injured or dying on a trail and rather than get help, steal their bike and leave them for dead.

The thief didn't even call the emergency services after taking it... which again makes me really want to think that its a scam.[/q

DO YOU READ THE NEWS ? WORSE THINGS HAPPEN EVERYDAY, A CAR CRASHED IN COVENRTY A COUPLE OF WKS AGO THE GUY GOT OUT THE DRIVERS SIDE AND PULLED HIS HALF DECAPITATED PASSENGER OUT AND LEFT HER DYING ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD AND DROVE OFF. THE VERY SAME DAY A RED VAN SMASHED INTO A CYCLIST ON THE A46 NEAR SNITTERFEILD THREW HIM 30 FT ACROSS THE ROAD. IT HIT HIM SO HARD HIS HELMET AND HIS SHOES CAME OFF, GUESS WHAT ... THEY LEFT HIM THERE TO DIE .... SERIOUSLY I THINK SOME OFF YOU PPL LIVE IN THE CLOUDS ! WAKE UP
    Ahh - but Malvern is not Coventry. We are all very nice people here - that's why I don't believe it. And don't shout.
  • scale20
    scale20 Posts: 1,300
    edited September 2009
    Ha ha yeah I've seen them, I like the welsh translation for them, moch ddear - earth pigs!

I fell off my bike and when i woke up the earth pigs had nicked it, that would be a good paper article :lol::lol::lol:

Ignore this post, I forgot to quote :lol::lol:
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • scale20
    scale20 Posts: 1,300
    cee wrote:
    ninja badgers!
    Reminds me of those road signs up near Flintshire way, like these ones
    badger_alert.jpg
    :lol:

Ha ha yeah I've seen them, I like the welsh translation for them, moch ddear - earth pigs!

I fell off my bike and when i woke up the earth pigs had nicked it, that would be a good paper article :lol::lol::lol:
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • missmarple
    missmarple Posts: 1,980

Please don't use capitals, IT IS INCREDIBLY RUDE AND OBNOXIOUS.

Yeah, shit happens everyday mate - we realise that, we're not a bunch of village idiots. Everyone is just stating their opinion, no need to get hot and bothered about it. :wink:

Also, I'd like to point out that the incidents you mention are in a completely different league to what is going here.

PS: Since when did sh** get converted to shoot? :lol:
  • hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha .... you looking through rose tinted glasses are you ? malverns the only place in the country to have 100% nice ppl hahahahaha dont make me laugh .... why dont you take your bike there and leave it overnight if its soooo nice ?

i
  • ahhh the Malverns ... immune to crime and nasty ppl ! no Chavs No Junkies
    if your a victim of crime in malvern hills you must be lying ! thats basicaly what you are saying ... do you actually venture out of your house ?
  • dandrew
    dandrew Posts: 175
    I came off badly this summer. Broken jaw and 16 stitches in the chin. I picked myself up and was about to give it 5 mins and then ride slowly home. A good samaritan persuaded me I needed to go to hospital, put down the roof of his convertible BMW and put the bike on the back seat and took me, round the corner to Kingston Hospital.
    There are some good guys out there.
  • dandrew wrote:
    I came off badly this summer. Broken jaw and 16 stitches in the chin. I picked myself up and was about to give it 5 mins and then ride slowly home. A good samaritan persuaded me I needed to go to hospital, put down the roof of his convertible BMW and put the bike on the back seat and took me, round the corner to Kingston Hospital.
    There are some good guys out there.

i would have done the same, i cant even ride past an injured pigeon with out my ride being over untill i have got it some help or taken it home, i just cant understand why ppl would accuse the guy of lying, i feel bad for him, but hey you only have to see the amount of locks on my bikes/shed to see that i have no faith in human nature,
  • Why would you report such a thing to the local papers if it was a scam?
  • rhann
    rhann Posts: 383
    another way of looking at it, It looks like it is an obvious scam, so obviously it isn't, lets at least give him benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.
  • captainfly
    captainfly Posts: 1,001
    sickboy687 wrote:
    captainfly wrote:
    If there was an off that caused unconsiousness then there should really be medical reports and probably an emergency service call as there is no way anyone should be driving or on thier own after being knocked out, even seemingly minor head injurires can get serious without warning. Then there are neck injuries and all the other strains and bruising. I mean I came off a couple of weeks ago , nothing fast or serious just a slip in the mud and there are still yellow marks where I bruised and had groin strain for a week, if he doesn'twalk like John Wayne he is a liar :D

dude ... he fell of his bike, why would he be walking like john wayne ? god knows what happens to you when you fall off but it sounds like you get rode by a horse or something.
    i feel off on sat and landed on my head ... could have easily knocked myself out yet i have no bruises or cuts and i certainly did not end up walking like john wayne, and if i had off knocked myself out i defo would not have been calling an ambulance, whats the point once your awake ? and you cant call one while your out !
    if you ask me this sort of thing happens often, ppl helping at roadside crashes have their cars nicked, old grannys get battered in their own homes for pitance, this country is full of leaching scum, you could try giving the guy some support rather than blatently calling him a liar.

It was a bit tongue in cheek, Oh the walking thing is when the bike spun sideways and ended up with the saddle pointing at right angles to the frame.

Seriously if you knock yourself out you should get checked over and not drive or operate heavy machinery etc.. straight after. Do you know anything about head trauma? If someone is knocked out at all, then it is classed as severe until proved otherwise usualy by being kept an eye on for 12-24 hours and not showing symtoms.. The reason you are knocked out is because the brain has sustained trauma, risk of internal bruising, swelling, bleeding or fluid build up are very much there and not taking it seriously is quite dangerous and driving when you could pass out is really dumb.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    Mongoose Teocali
    Giant STP0

Why are MTB economics; spend twice as much as you intended, but only half as much as you wish you could afford? :roll:
  • sickboy687 wrote:
    ahhh the Malverns ... immune to crime and nasty ppl ! no Chavs No Junkies
    if your a victim of crime in malvern hills you must be lying ! thats basicaly what you are saying ... do you actually venture out of your house ?
    Yes - I ride around there quite often (weekly). I never see any chavs or junkies.

I know someone who did actually fall hard enough to concuss themselves when riding the Malverns . They were found wandering on the hills with no memory of the last two days, and the nice friendly people who found him on the hills looked after him, while a separate group found their bike and gave it back. (BTW their helmet was smashed to bits too).

I also know of someone who lost their wallet on the Malverns and had it returned to them about a year later when it was found and handed in to the police.

It's true I tell you - we are all lovely cuddly friendly people here. The bad people are too lazy to walk up the hills as a rule.