Vuelta Stage 10 *spoiler*

2»

Comments

• moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Timoid. wrote:
    I should have said trains or is based. Armstrong lives in Texas, but trains in St Moritz and Girona.

Gerrans is resident in Monaco, but trains out of St Moritz. Do you think he pootles round Monte Carlo all year?

As for his record, up until last year he hadn't a race victory of note. Now he has wins in all three GT's (one of which was a reneging of a gentleman's agreement with Martinez) and top eight finishes in the three Ardennes classics.

Haussler has gone off the scale in terms of performance. I thought he officially lived in Monaco too, so completely wrong there.

So basically no evidence then.........fine we can move on.

cheers
    MG
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • Pokerface wrote:
    Please someone tell me that Vino had a nasty crash and didn't finish!

After leading out the final sprint, he faded and finished 4th.

Bollocks! At least he didn't win.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Moray Gub wrote:
    [ In short you are besmirching the name of a good solid rider with little or no evidence.

No I'm shooting the breeze on a crappy forum that's only important to the hundred odd people who read it while being paid to work. No matter what anyone says here it won't besmirch sh1t.

I'm sure you enjoy your campaign to defend riders from perceived besmirchings, but I'm finding it increasingly dull. At least Denis has a sense of humour.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • moray_gub
    Timoid. wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    [ In short you are besmirching the name of a good solid rider with little or no evidence.

No I'm shooting the breeze on a crappy forum that's only important to the hundred odd people who read it while being paid to work. No matter what anyone says here it won't besmirch sh1t.

I'm sure you enjoy your campaign to defend riders from perceived besmirchings, but I'm finding it increasingly dull. At least Denis has a sense of humour.

Increasingly dull can be translated as i've no evidence but im just gonna shoot my mouth off anyway and not so dull that it stops you responding though eh ! as for not besmirching well that depends on what you post. The T and C of the forum tell you that.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Besmirching can only happen if anybody who matters actually reads anything written here. What kind of a professional would be sad enough to do that?

Newsflash. This is a small forum read and contributed to by a bunch of half mad enthusiasts. Nobody takes it seriously in the real world. Yes even you. Mr Armstrong does not nod appovingly at your defence of his honour when reading his iPhone over his morning latte.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • moray_gub
    Timoid. wrote:
    Besmirching can only happen if anybody who matters actually reads anything written here. What kind of a professional would be sad enough to do that?

Newsflash. This is a small forum read and contributed to by a bunch of half mad enthusiasts. Nobody takes it seriously in the real world. Yes even you. Mr Armstrong does not nod appovingly at your defence of his honour when reading his iPhone over his morning latte.

Ahh thats ok then feel free to accuse with no evidence then. So i can accuse anybody of anything i want on this forum without consequences then is that what you are saying ?
  • Timoid. wrote:
    As for his record, up until last year he hadn't a race victory of note. Now he has wins in all three GT's (one of which was a reneging of a gentleman's agreement with Martinez) and top eight finishes in the three Ardennes classics.

I know he sucks wheels (and calls it tactics) before jumping at the last moment, but I wasn't aware of this issue with Martinez - can you please explain?

I wouldn't bother replying or trying to engaging in debate with mg as he seems incapable of rationale, sensible behaviour; he thrives on antagonism and abuse, don't feed it.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • moray_gub
    Timoid. wrote:

I know he sucks wheels (and calls it tactics) before jumping at the last moment, but I wasn't aware of this issue with Martinez - can you please explain?

I wouldn't bother replying or trying to engaging in debate with mg as he seems incapable of rationale, sensible behaviour; he thrives on antagonism and abuse, don't feed it.

Mmmm yet you are the one who makes a t*t of yourself in other threads and runs away when faced with opposing thoughts and ideas. Then you spring up in another thread trying to justify your nonsense and call others immature

pot_kettle.jpg
  • By Antoon Foobar on flickr

3871257287_f11d21f63c.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Ahhh, Vino the cancer. I mean, cancer crusader. Livestrong dude.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Timoid. wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:

The crappy forum that you are belittling, is that the one you have also posted on 1 or 11,171 times? Really does say more about you! Need to get out more? Instead of flinging totally unfounded accusations and looking down on everything, maybe you should do something you would actually like to do. You do have something else to do don't you..... :oops:
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    We can all have different opinions, it keeps the forum interesting :wink:

It wouldn't be the same place without dennis, MG and others. Maybe just go easy on the personal attacks?
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Timoid. wrote:
    Haussler has gone off the scale in terms of performance.

He's still only young. It might just be a case of natural progression. Of all the top level wins he has had in stage races, he got one in the Vuelta in 2005, a Dauphiné in 2007 and then a Tour de France and Paris-Nice this year.

He had a very good classics season, but that happens to riders as they get a few years experience - they get stronger in tough, long one day races - M-SR and L-B-L were both won by young riders putting in their first podium place in a monument.
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    Anyhoo,

Good to see Vino getting smoked in the sprint. :)
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • Timoid. wrote:

I know he sucks wheels (and calls it tactics) before jumping at the last moment, but I wasn't aware of this issue with - can you please explain?

What a load of crap, one it is tactics watch him in the last km his clearly marking Vino knowing that his going to give it a go. He played it perfectly same as every other win his had and the Martinez thing was that apparently Gerrans told him and the other rider that he didnt have the legs and to please not drop him and he promised not to go for the win. Personally sounds like BS to me and i reckon the other rider admitted that it never happenend either cant be sure though. Just trying to understand exactly when in your career your suppose to start winning can anyone tell me?
    Take care of the luxuries and the necessites will take care of themselves.
  • Anyone that has followed Gerro knows he was always going to make a splash at some point. He has natural talent, is an extremely hard worker and just needed to mature as a seasoned rider.
    So I take it when anyone improves they are to be questioned now?
    That's just ridiculous.
  • moray_gub
    Timoid. wrote:

I know he sucks wheels (and calls it tactics) before jumping at the last moment, but I wasn't aware of this issue with - can you please explain?

What a load of crap, one it is tactics watch him in the last km his clearly marking Vino knowing that his going to give it a go. He played it perfectly same as every other win his had and the Martinez thing was that apparently Gerrans told him and the other rider that he didnt have the legs and to please not drop him and he promised not to go for the win. Personally sounds like BS to me and i reckon the other rider admitted that it never happenend either cant be sure though. Just trying to understand exactly when in your career your suppose to start winning can anyone tell me?

Even if there was that agreement which i doubt then the other riders Martinez and was it Pate (? ) initially blew it away as they dropped him, and if it it is true he fought his way back and was perfectly entitled to go for the win from that point.
  • Yorkman
    Yorkman Posts: 290
    That last descent looked a bit on the mental side, fun & games coming down that on a Saturday afternoon ride to be met by an oncoming tractor...