Vuelta Stage 10 *spoiler*

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited September 2009 in Pro race
Booo, hiss.

Vino in the break
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• At 5mins with 100km to race. If they make it to the last climb with a few minutes it could hold out.

10_perfil.gif
    Alexander Vinokourov (Astana), Ryder Hesjedal (Garmin-Slipstream), Adam Hansen (Columbia-HTC), Christophe Riblon (AG2R La Mondiale), Antonio Piedra (Andalucía-Cajasur), Francisco Pérez (Caisse d'Epargne), Simon Gerrans (Cervélo TestTeam), Leonardo Duque (Cofidis), Julián Sánchez (Contentpolis-Ampo), Adrián Palomares (Contentpolis-Ampo), Aitor Pérez Arrieta (Contentpolis-Ampo), Arnaud Gerard (Française des Jeux), David De La Fuente (Fuji-Servetto), Beñat Intxausti (Fuji-Servetto), Matteo Tosatto (Quick Step), Juan Manuel Gárate (Rabobank), Linus Gerdemann (Milram), Jakob Fuglsang (Saxo Bank), Karsten Kroon (Saxo Bank)
    Contador is the Greatest
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    The gap is almost 6 minutes and growing... this could well be a brake that lasts to the finish. Which sprinter's team is gonna ride? Most have a rider up front. Liquigas will probably save energy to help Basso. Vacansoleil? alone?

Third day in a row with De la Fuente in the attack.
  • Vacansoleil helps Caisse. It leads the group at 8:15 behind
    Contador is the Greatest
  • 5.54 with 21km to go. The winner should come from this group.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Oh no, I was just going to potter about outside in the garden now it's gone all hot & sunny and I've finished work early. Vino had better win.
  • I like the look of this climb a lot. I would love to climb this and yesterday's one. I have been very impressed with the roads so far.

Fuji have had a good showing in the last few days and they weren't even wanted by the organisers.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • What a shame for him - a flat I think. He was going very well.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    This descent is heart in mouth stuff! :shock:
  • What's up with LINUS?!?!? Just stopped by the side of the road.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Fuji rider hit the deck. Back up. Went wide and slid on the gravel. Not bad.

Hesjedal had to unclip to stay upright coming down.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Vino's attempt to accelerate looked very forced.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Gerrans

Didn't take many turns at the front at all. No surprises there then.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Patience is a virtue...

Good tactics from Gerrans there.
  • Please someone tell me that Vino had a nasty crash and didn't finish!
  • Very good year for him. Top 10 placings in Liege, Fleche and Amstel, a Giro stage win and GP Plouay.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Bad luck for Linus G and Inxausti.

No points in PTP...
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Please someone tell me that Vino had a nasty crash and didn't finish!

After leading out the final sprint, he faded and finished 4th.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Very good year for him. Top 10 placings in Liege, Fleche and Amstel, a Giro stage win and GP Plouay.

His coach must be very proud
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • Timoid. wrote:
    Very good year for him. Top 10 placings in Liege, Fleche and Amstel, a Giro stage win and GP Plouay.

Is there some hidden meaning in this?!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • samb01
    samb01 Posts: 130
    Timoid. wrote:

Wasn't it Timoid who a little while ago claimed that Haussler was being coached by Ferrari, and then simply didn't respond when asked to provide a source for the claim?
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Tis the problem with training in st moritz, heading to aspen with lance and getting a bunch of good results. It makes the cynics go hmmm
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    So Gerrans is doping because Haussler went to St Moritz? Of course, it's so obvious now.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    RichN95 wrote:
    So Gerrans is doping because Haussler went to St Moritz? Of course, it's so obvious now.

Isnt that enough for goodness sake what more evidence do you want ?
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • moray_gub
    samb01 wrote:
    Timoid. wrote:

Wasn't it Timoid who a little while ago claimed that Haussler was being coached by Ferrari, and then simply didn't respond when asked to provide a source for the claim?

Ok Timoid cards on the table time does Ferrari coach Gerrans ? and if so maybe we should tell a certain baldy headed Team manager.
  • timoid.
    Moray Gub wrote:
    samb01 wrote:
    Timoid. wrote:

Ok Timoid cards on the table time does Ferrari coach Gerrans ? and if so maybe we should tell a certain baldy headed Team manager.

Who can tell. He trains with Ferrari's mates, lives near where the good doctor is based and has had a remarakable upsurge in form since moving there. Ditto Haussler.

Whoever his coach is must be proud.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • Where is Ferrari based these days? Gerrans lives in Monaco. Haussler lives in Freiburg. They're 706 km apart.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Ferrari operates out of St Moritz these days. He started off using it as a base to coach Armstrong and his team mates, eg Landis, Hincapie etc

Is Gerrans still wearing a brace?
    tour6_gallery__600x387.jpg
  • moray_gub
    Timoid. wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    samb01 wrote:
    Timoid. wrote:

Who can tell. He trains with Ferrari's mates, lives near where the good doctor is based and has had a remarakable upsurge in form since moving there. Ditto Haussler.

Whoever his coach is must be proud.

He lives in Monaco which is some 300 miles from St Moritz and i presume thats where the good Dr is based hardly close on thats basis i live close to Manchester. His form is hardly remarkable he has won Plouay and two breakaway stages this year to go with another one from the Tour last year . Good but remarkable ? definately not and he has trained with Lance thats a complete nothing shot in terms of evidence In short you are besmirching the name of a good solid rider with little or no evidence.
  • moray_gub
    Where is Ferrari based these days? Gerrans lives in Monaco. Haussler lives in Freiburg. They're 706 km apart.

Dont let the facts get in the way though.
  • timoid.
    I should have said trains or is based. Armstrong lives in Texas, but trains in St Moritz and Girona.

Gerrans is resident in Monaco, but trains out of St Moritz. Do you think he pootles round Monte Carlo all year?

As for his record, up until last year he hadn't a race victory of note. Now he has wins in all three GT's (one of which was a reneging of a gentleman's agreement with Martinez) and top eight finishes in the three Ardennes classics.

Haussler has gone off the scale in terms of performance. I thought he officially lived in Monaco too, so completely wrong there.