Jeast
Jeast Posts: 176
edited May 2010 in Your mountain bikes
P1020320.jpg

P1020316.jpg

P1020326a.jpg

Have I overdone it with the white??? :oops:

Edited with some spec...

Fork: RockShox Reba Race, 100mm travel (Considering upgrade to SID Team)
Stem: Ritchey WCS 4-Axis '44' *upgraded*
Handlebars: Ritchey WCS Rizer *upgraded*
Seatpost: Ritchey Pro 27.2mm (upgrading to Ritchey WCS Carbon)
Saddle: Ritchey WCS Marathon *upgraded*
Brakes: Avid Elixir R carbon
Shifters: SRAM X9
Rear Mech: SRAM X0
Front Mech: SRAM X9 (considering upgrade to XTR)
Chainset: Truvativ Stylo GXP 44/32/22T
Rims: Ritchey WCS Disc 32H
Tyres: Continental Speed King 2.1”

Comments

• Not imo. But you really do need some white rims and forks....!
  • Jeast
    Yeeeaaah...white rims!!! Good idea!!! :D
  • scale20
    scale20 Posts: 1,300
    Very nice 8) 8)

I look at these every time I go into Halfords, I bet it flies up hills eh?

Some nice white Spank oozy rims :wink:
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • I love the frames on those Boardmans, some lovely details!
  • Stoo61
    Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
    Very nice, the white saddle works very well with the overall look. I think thats what most Pros are missing.
  • benjboy
    benjboy Posts: 258
    I have one of these bought it last month and i love it.Must go now and get white grips and a nice white saddle.
    Keep the chain tight all the way.
  • adb1006
    adb1006 Posts: 938
    That's very nice mate.

How's the X0 rear mech going? Thinking about upgrading to one on my RL but not sure whether to or whether to just plump for the X9 (which is essentially the same, just less blingy) :?
  • ujack67
    ujack67 Posts: 25
    edited September 2009
    i too got mine last month, replaced the boardman saddle immediately ( WTB devo...nice ), did unspeakable things to my ass!! Also invested in some 2.25 schwalbe racing ralph evo tires ( only 29 quid in the sale from CRC ) which just brought the bike to life, trust me get rid of those speed kings, useless !!

lovin the white bits you've added.......lovely.

although i'm not as brave as you, i stayed with black for the devo an good n evil grips. that white saddle an grips are gonna be bitches to keep clean. :evil:

Scale20....it flies :D:D:D
  • adb1006 wrote:
    That's very nice mate.

How's the X0 rear mech going? Thinking about upgrading to one on my RL but not sure whether to or whether to just plump for the X9 (which is essentially the same, just less blingy) :?

Carbon rear mechs look awesome, but I'd never upgrade to one - knowing something so expensive was in such a vulnerable position would worry me :?
  • jmillen
    jmillen Posts: 627
    I've been in two minds about getting at least a white saddle for mine, that may well have just convinced me....after the carbon stem and handlebars that is, lol...

Nice bike, get out there and enjoy :D
    2010 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon
    2014 De Rosa R848
    Carrera TDF Ltd Commuter
  • Jeast
    jmillen wrote:
    I've been in two minds about getting at least a white saddle for mine, that may well have just convinced me...

Well if you do go for a white saddle, I'd definitely recommend the Ritchey WCS Marathon...pretty comfy too!!

P1020371s.jpg
  • Jeast
    P1020362b.jpg
    P1020353b.jpg
    P1020331b.jpg

Sorry to bore you all with more pics of my Boardman, but after my ride at the weekend I've properly fallen for it! And after all the Speshes I saw, I'm actually glad I gave something else a chance!
  • teulk
    teulk Posts: 557
    My mate has a Pro through the C2W scheme and i got a Team. I have to say as much as i like mine i do like the white Pro and i think they would look much better with white forks.
    Boardman Team 09 HT
    Orbea Aqua TTG CT 2010
    Specialized Secteur Elite 2011
  • Jeast
    teulk wrote:
    My mate has a Pro through the C2W scheme and i got a Team. I have to say as much as i like mine i do like the white Pro and i think they would look much better with white forks.

Yep, agreed. I'm considering an upgrade to either white SID Teams or Fox F100s.
  • Loving the new pics.....a fine young filly!! :D

how are you getting on with the speed kings, i really didn't like them at all very sketchy. :?
  • Jeast
    ujack67 wrote:
    Loving the new pics.....a fine young filly!! :D

how are you getting on with the speed kings, i really didn't like them at all very sketchy. :?

Yep, I'm feeling the same - http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12648779
  • racing ralph 2.25 evo.....the dogs danglies!! :D
  • Jeast
    ujack67 wrote:
    racing ralph 2.25 evo.....the dogs danglies!! :D

I'm looking at getting a set of Nobby Nics Evo 2.25...but I've heard both are quite fragile, the Ralphs more so? How have you found them?
  • So far, awesome! and so fast and light as for wear maybe a tad faster than other tyres i've tried, and i mean a tad. In return you get the most floaty grippy all round tyre i've used so far, from fast singletrack to tarmac, gravel roads an even sand. Not tried them in really muddy conditions yet, but any tire will struggle in that.

So far 400plus miles, no flats, hardly any wear and worth every penny of the 29 quid at crc.

also the wear of a tyre will depend on how you ride them, like a nutter and any tyre will wear fast, smooth, flowy an skillful you will get a lot of life out of the ralph's and nobby nics. :D

The killer deal.....they look f*****g ace on the pro. :twisted:
  • teulk
    Get someone to photo shop the forks to get a feel for what they would look like in white.
    Boardman Team 09 HT
    Orbea Aqua TTG CT 2010
  • Jeast
    edited November 2009
    teulk wrote:
    Get someone to photo shop the forks to get a feel for what they would look like in white.

Well here's a pretty shoddy attempt by me!!! :lol:

P1020331white.jpg
  • Stoo61
    Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
    That looks like an awrite attempt, at a glance....very nice.

SIDs would be the business though.

Also, I asked a question a while back and no response. I'm thinking about stripping my Reba SLs of their decals and replacing with the older style in silver....on my 09 Team. Thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ROCKSHOX-REBA-SILVER-FORK-DECALS-STICKER-ROCK-SHOX_W0QQitemZ400071531285QQcategoryZ36135QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m263QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DSIC%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%26otn%3D10%26ps%3D63

Apologies for mental URL size.
  • teulk
    Jeast wrote:
    teulk wrote:

Well here's a pretty shoddy attempt by me!!! :lol:

P1020331white.jpg

What about white crank arms or would that be too much :D
    Boardman Team 09 HT
    Orbea Aqua TTG CT 2010
  • Jeast
    Hmmm...I'm thinking yes!

P1020331wall.jpg
  • Hi,

I hope you fellow Boardman bike enthusiasts can help me out here. I bought a boardman MTB/PRO (2009 model) a few months ago - and wanted to know what your experiences are with this bike.

For mine, there's often a problem with changing the gear in the front cog - shifting up from the middle ring to the large one. Sometimes there will be 4 to 5 clunks as the chain is trying to move from the middle cog onto the large cog; sometimes it goes in quicker; and now and again, it doesn't move off the middle cog at all.

Also, the left lever that changes the front gears - it's quite snappy and instant when changing through all gears - except for when changing from the middle cog to the large one, as described above; in this case, it's necessary to push the lever all the way down (a good inch) and hold it there until the chain has moved onto the large cog.

Halfords deny there's a problem with any of the above. Do you think there's a problem - I Would appreciate some feedback. Thanks.
  • Jeast
    leachuser wrote:
    Hi,

I hope you fellow Boardman bike enthusiasts can help me out here. I bought a boardman MTB/PRO (2009 model) a few months ago - and wanted to know what your experiences are with this bike.

For mine, there's often a problem with changing the gear in the front cog - shifting up from the middle ring to the large one. Sometimes there will be 4 to 5 clunks as the chain is trying to move from the middle cog onto the large cog; sometimes it goes in quicker; and now and again, it doesn't move off the middle cog at all.

Also, the left lever that changes the front gears - it's quite snappy and instant when changing through all gears - except for when changing from the middle cog to the large one, as described above; in this case, it's necessary to push the lever all the way down (a good inch) and hold it there until the chain has moved onto the large cog.

Halfords deny there's a problem with any of the above. Do you think there's a problem - I Would appreciate some feedback. Thanks.

Sounds like they need a bit of a fine tune...but I'm no expert. If i were you I'd repost your question into the workshop forum - http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=10004 - you're more likely to get an answer in there, and probably sooner.

Mine do struggle occasionally to find the top ring, doesn't sound quite as serious as your situation though.
  • teulk
    Yeah i think its just a case of adjusting them. I tend to have problems shifting onto the large ring if the mech is dirty. I also found that when i got the bike the cable was way to slack and i tightend it and adjust it and its fine now.
    Boardman Team 09 HT
    Orbea Aqua TTG CT 2010
  • Thank you both for the advice.
    I have now posted the same question in the Workshop forum.

I must say, Jeast, you have some cool kit there.
    I find that when riding my Boardman pro, I do get some glances - must be the white. Also pretty handy when riding at night.
  • Jeast
    Not many new additions, just the Nobbies and the Ritchey Superlogic Carbon bars...oh, and the Shimano M540 spds.

DSC00433.jpg

DSC00435.jpg

DSC00436.jpg

Pic quality not great cos I had to use my camera phone.
  • Looking good!

I put my Superlogic bars on at the weekend - can't believe how light and precise they feel!

Just waiting on my Exotic seatpost then I'll post up some more pictures on my thread..