I-magic pc minimum requirements

grantus
grantus Posts: 690
Around this time last year I was going to get an i-magic and run it off my laptop until I discovered the laptop wasn't suitable.

I've since gotten an old desktop from my work and thought it would be ok but the minimum requirements on retailers websites I think must still be for the old i-magic software which you don't get anymore as it's all Fortius now and the Fortius requirements are much greater according to the Tacx website.

Was just wondering if anyone here runs the software ok on much lower PC specs than Tacx say?

I've got a 1.4GHz processor and 256MB RAM, sound card is ok but might be struggling with the graphics - Intel 82810E 32MB. Tacx seem to say Fortius requires dedicated graphics card with minimum of 512MB memory yet the RealTour trainer can get away with 32MB (albeit the Elite doesn't do VR)

Any techy heads here with advice?

Comments

• scapaslow
    scapaslow Posts: 305
    You do need a dedicated graphics card with a min of 256Mb RAM - i tried 128Mb and VR did not work, however RLV will work - but you can pick up a gfx card pretty cheap.

Your processor sounds slow - i run with a Pentium 4 3.0Ghz which is pretty ancient but does the job.

I'd doubt your combo of processor/gfx card would work
  • Grazy81
    Grazy81 Posts: 196
    is your processor dual or quad core as these tend to have a lower clock speed but would still be up to the job
  • DaSy
    DaSy Posts: 599
    I think that you will struggle to get any descent results, especially with that little system RAM, I run a dual core P4 with 2Gb RAM and a PCI-E 512mb video card. This setup runs the HD RLV's, but is the minimum I found that runs it well.

Lesser spec will run parts of the system, ie Catalyst, but will not be at all smooth if running the newer RLV's, and the VR also needs high spec video card and lots of RAM to run smoothly.

It can be quite frustrating if the training program locks up or runs jerkily, so if investing in a VR trainer, it's worth getting a resonable spec PC. This shouldn't be too expensive secondhand.
    Complicating matters since 1965
  • grantus
    grantus Posts: 690