Weekend Fat Boy Ride

Comments

• prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    I like the sound of a perv ride, although I'm a bit uncomfortable that handlebar tassells are mentioned in the same sentance :shock:
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    And I scalped a Madone - sort of - nearly - almost :lol:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Where did this happen, I demand to know so I can go and forcibly remove the carbon from an owner obviously not making proper use of it :wink:

Seriously though, good work fella. It sounds like a good ride guys, handlebar tassells and all :lol:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • The perve ride is 'cos 3 of us on Sunday OWN a Tricross CX bike and the 4th wants one 8)
    So... are you a perve? :wink:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    The perve ride is 'cos 3 of us on Sunday OWN a Tricross CX bike and the 4th wants one 8)
    So... are you a perve? :wink:

Ahhh, I'd like a cx but it's quite far down the list atm, unless some stupid cheap singlecrosses come up again this year. hmmmm.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    Although there was that one bit where Cori may have regretted passing me and Thor, with a shout of "stop slowing me down!" only to have the pair of us accelerate past at over 30mph :twisted:

Well, someone had to get the work rate up... :wink:

It was a lovely day, thanks guys, and a beautiful route, you've quite spoiled Lewisham for me, dang it. :cry:

Oh, and how do I seem to have untrued my back wheel just putting my rack back on? The ride from Paddington to Charing Cross was like cycling through treacle. :roll:
  • Coriander wrote:
    Although there was that one bit where Cori may have regretted passing me and Thor, with a shout of "stop slowing me down!" only to have the pair of us accelerate past at over 30mph :twisted:

Well, someone had to get the work rate up... :wink:

It was a lovely day, thanks guys, and a beautiful route, you've quite spoiled Lewisham for me, dang it. :cry:

Oh, and how do I seem to have untrued my back wheel just putting my rack back on? The ride from Paddington to Charing Cross was like cycling through treacle. :roll:

and just think:

I commute those roads every day I cycle to work.... jealous much? :wink:
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • I commute those roads every day I cycle to work.... jealous much? Wink

Oh Yes :)
  • Big Wib
    Big Wib Posts: 363
    Coriander wrote:

Was starting to worry that you hadn't made it back :wink:
  • Big Wib
    I commute those roads every day I cycle to work.... jealous much? Wink

Oh Yes :)

+1
  • Big Wib wrote:
    Coriander wrote:

Was starting to worry that you hadn't made it back :wink:

Unfortunately I reckon it was due to the unsuitable screws I offered to reattach your rack :oops: You may have leant on the bike heavily while trying to force the screw to start biting..... :(
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    edited September 2009
    Good news fellow pervs - Mrs JW has been persuaded that I need another faster bike than the existing MTB but she is prepared to accept that I need to keep it for commuting and load carrying purposes :D:D

I think her plan is that it will distract me from hanging from bits of Wales at weekends
  • Big Wib
    Good news fellow pervs - Mrs JW has been persuaded that I need another faster bike than the existing MTB but she is prepared to accept that I need to keep it for commuting and load carrying purposes :D:D

:lol::lol::lol:

i'm sure if you asked nicely, someone on this forum might be prepared to give you some advice on the right bike :roll:
    (Personally, I think you should stick with your plan to move to the dark side)
  • Big Wib wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:

i'm sure if you asked nicely, someone on this forum might be prepared to give you some advice on the right bike :roll:
    (Personally, I think you should stick with your plan to move to the dark side)

An avalanche of advice I should think :wink:
  • If I'd had any sense I would've offered you a trial ride on my Tricross, so you could quickly see just how it handles, seeing as though we spent an inordinate amount of time trying to convince you! :lol:
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • Not likely to happen until the spring guys but then I have to make the big choice - Specialized Tricross Comp? Kona Jake the Snake ? or do I go all exotic and go for the Ridley Crossbow - you can see I've done some thinking about this :oops:
  • Jay dubbleU
    Manchester area ? October ?
  • Big Wib

broadly OK, obviously depends on when as 1/2 term is rapidly approaching as is my daughters birthday.
  • Big Wib
    Not likely to happen until the spring guys but then I have to make the big choice - Specialized Tricross Comp? Kona Jake the Snake ? or do I go all exotic and go for the Ridley Crossbow - you can see I've done some thinking about this :oops:

The Ridley is i'm told a v. good cyclocross bike but as all good all round. Also I struggled to find somewhere that actually sold them so I could have a look.

The Kona Jake is also good, but again I think the Tricross is better :lol:
  • Jay dubbleU
    I was thinking back end of October - 24/25 ? Really depend on when Gaz can make it I guess

Pearsons do the Ridley Crossbow and they are close enough for me to visit

I like the Kona Jake the Snake as it has a full Shimano 105 drivetrain

I have heard a few tales about the wheels on the Tricross and Cori's experience sort of confirmed it - the Jake uses Mavic rims rather than Alex - alas unless I come up on the lottery (which is unlikely since I don't do it) it will be next spring before I can afford a new bike :cry:

In the meantime I need to get some narrower tyres for the MTB - go back to the tried and trusted Marathon 1.5s I think
  • Big Wib
    I was thinking back end of October - 24/25 ? Really depend on when Gaz can make it I guess

Probably not then :( although it depends when my daughters party actually is
  • gb155
    gb155 Posts: 2,048

sounds good :)
    On a Mission to lose 20 stone..Get My Life Back

December 2007 - 39 Stone 05 Lbs

July 2011 - 13 Stone 12 Lbs - Cycled 17851 Miles

http://39stonecyclist.com
    Now the hard work starts.
  • gb155
    gb155 Posts: 2,048
    Big Wib wrote:

Probably not then :( although it depends when my daughters party actually is

Early Nov then ?
    On a Mission to lose 20 stone..Get My Life Back

December 2007 - 39 Stone 05 Lbs

July 2011 - 13 Stone 12 Lbs - Cycled 17851 Miles

http://39stonecyclist.com
    Now the hard work starts.
  • Jay dubbleU
    Late October early Nov is fine with me - whenever suits you guys 8)
  • Big Wib
    Late October early Nov is fine with me - whenever suits you guys 8)

31st/1st looks OK atm. Anyone got a vague idea on a route?
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Where were you planning on going around manchester? I might join you if I'm back by then
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    Where were you planning on going around manchester? I might join you if I'm back by then

Gotta warn you, the speed ain't fast. But if I come, I'll try my best to get those boys to do some work.
  • Big Wib
    Coriander wrote:

Gotta warn you, the speed ain't fast. But if I come, I'll try my best to get those boys to do some work.

I was a bit worried by the idea of redddraggon coming because he sounds like he might be a proper rider, but if you're going Corrie I'm really worried. Not sure i can MTFU that much :lol:
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Just don't give her the map :wink:

I'll be the one hiding behind the sofa now....
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • Jay dubbleU
    Just don't give her the map :wink:

I'll be the one hiding behind the sofa now....

Set the cat on her :wink:
  • Jay dubbleU
    Big Wib wrote:
    Coriander wrote:

I was a bit worried by the idea of redddraggon coming because he sounds like he might be a proper rider, but if you're going Corrie I'm really worried. Not sure i can MTFU that much :lol:

Says the man who didn't bother to change down going up hill :D:D