It's the vibe of the thing.
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    Myk-ee wrote:
    Mal-inger wrote:
    At my signal, unleash hell

What's the signal - I dont want to miss it.. bahaaaa... :lol:
    um..... GO ;)
    Damn, this looks like it will be a good one - patience, patience.....
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • voxegam
    voxegam Posts: 244
    Come out with us Felgen.....you know you want to...
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
    Planet-X (now winter-bike)
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    Rich should be in so we're up to 5. Good number for some Garminesque TTTing.
    The hurt locker will be opened.
  • I'm probably be keen to join in, so may see you chaps there tomorrow. Bit nervous about my very first hoonfest.
  • felgen
    voxegam wrote:
    Come out with us Felgen.....you know you want to...
    Yes I do want to but cant as I will be lugging belongings around in a big lorry. Hey ho. Have a good ride, and be kind to Fuji ;)
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • gbs
    gbs Posts: 450
    Myk-ee
    thanks for info. Yesterday, I committed to play tennis late AM today so I am now conflicted. I save face and the legs for a run to Brighton tomorrow.
    vintage newbie, spinning away
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
    Hurt locker duly opened - managed to neatly tuck myself right inside it too :shock:

Lost both brakes just as the roundabouts hoon began so had to stop and tighten the cables. Well and truly lost the rest of you and got passed by that bunch of tri folk. Heard them laughing so made sure I caught and passed them... at pace... uphill :twisted:

Maintaining 50kph+ solo through the roundabouts is fun but painful... :lol:

Good ride, great pace, full of hurt but good fun 8)
  • Art Vandelay
    According to Mykee we set a new Box Hill to RP record. Reckon we could smash this again though - so many 'Bank Holiday' drivers on the road and unlucky with the lights.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Rich-Ti
    phips wrote:
    Was Mike on the new steed?
    Yup.

Slight revelation yesterday too - discovered Mr. Strang has been on a racing double all this time after all! :shock: :lol:

I'm really shattered! :oops:
  • Myk-ee
    Myk-ee Posts: 276
    phips wrote:
    Went out on my new bike yesterday.
    Sweet - it's red like mine!

Tough ride. Been in pub drinking. Shattered. Need water. Legs hurt.

Really tired today but still managed to chase down Maximus, Sparticus and Brutus by Kingston. New BH to RP record but only just, 44:59. Sub 45 - I'll take it!

The new stead is good but don't feel I did it justice today, did a long ride yesterday so still tired.

Must get new wheels...

As usual, thanks all for the outing!
  • voxegam
    Yeh good ride today....thanks guys. Sorry to hear about your brakes Rich, unfortunate that you missed out on the best bit.....you should have just carried on....I mean who needs brakes for the roundabout section huh?!?! :wink:

Having said that, it did get really busy with cars and stuff towards the end....meant I couldnt follow through with my plan at the last roundabout of unleashing hell upon the world :wink: .....combine the traffic with the fact we set off from box hill at snails pace leads me to conclude we could break 40mins I reckon....a challenge for next week maybe :twisted:
    Myk-ee wrote:
    Really tired today but still managed to chase down Maximus, Sparticus and Brutus by Kingston.

Lol, who's who?
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
  • Myk-ee
    voxegam wrote:
    Myk-ee wrote:
    Really tired today but still managed to chase down Maximus, Sparticus and Brutus by Kingston.

Lol, who's who?

Maximus - Mal-inger (think Phips gave him that name)
    Sparticus - Art Vandelay (not sure who or why he got that name but not my doing)
    Brutus - You! (Frankly anyone who can climb BH in under 6mins is a brute, that and it rhymnes with the others..)

That time meant we averaged 37.0kph for the run back, happy with that. As Voxegam says with the right 'conditions' there is plenty of room for improvement. Maybe an ave of 40kph is possible.. :shock:
  • Myk-ee
    Myk-ee wrote:
    That time meant we averaged 37.0kph for the run back, happy with that. As Voxegam says with the right 'conditions' there is plenty of room for improvement. Maybe an ave of 40kph is possible.. :shock:

Ouch, just did the maths. An average of 40kph gives a time of 41:36 :shock: Doable..
  • Art Vandelay
    I can see the next Hoonfest being a World of Pain.

Fortunately, I'm away next weekend :D:cry: :?
  • Myk-ee
    Fortunately, I'm away next weekend :D:cry: :?

Even better, I'm away for the next 2 :wink:

It'll be the first hoonfest I'll have missed :cry:
  • Rich-Ti
    I'm not about on Sat (well, might be able to squeeze in the Mo's park laps) but could be up for a Sunday hoon (assuming my hangover from the double-header at Twickers isn't too bad that is!)...
  • voxegam
    Awww dear....people ducking out already with "convenient" excuses......
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
  • Myk-ee
    voxegam wrote:
    Awww dear....people ducking out already with "convenient" excuses......

And on weekend 3 I'll be washing my hair.
  • Myk-ee
    phips wrote:
    Just you an' me then eh James?

Don't do it Phipsy - He'll break you.. :!:
  • thanks for the ride chaps. The hoon speed is pretty damn impressive, and i think I need to get in so better training, more along the lines of quality over quantity.

As for ducking home at Epsom, I'm taking the bike along on holiday in a fortnights time and still on thin ice with the gf about that, so wasnt keen to be home late :wink:
  • mookie
    mookie Posts: 29
    Thanks for that lads - enjoyed it. Been a long time since I've had a ride like that. Aero wheels next time though....

Tim
  • So I've missed another one. Thought I was recovered from my tumble (short tester ride on Thursday), and then did something rather worse to my ribs on Sunday. Joyously, this is now combined with a cold.

Hope to see most of you soon- I'm away next weekend and then have the Southern Sportive the following w/e, God willing.

Jealous of Barons Court
  • Rich-Ti
    A few of us are doing the Southern too Nick, and it's my birthday so maybe a beer after if you fancy it? Depends how the day pans out though.

Speedy recovery buddy, and hopefully see you soon 8)
  • felgen
    It sounds like it was a good'un today, I was sorry to miss it, but there will be more hoonfests in the future. Hopefully I should be around for a hoonfest next weekend....I just hope I will be fresh enough as I am upping the commuting miles seriously now (40 miles a day) having just moved further afield so I will hopefully get a bit quicker as a result of more time on the bike - just got to work how best to spend that time ;)

My arms are still burning from lugging so many boxes from doing the moving myself yet again (though with help this time which was a big bonus).

Okay, so hoonfest next weekend... Sunday is good for me - shall I start a thread?
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Rich-Ti
    New thread is live but feel free to start one for the Sunday hoon if you want to James 8)