RPCC Ride - 29th, 30th & 31st Aug

Comments

• felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    Its full speed ahead (note pun, eh!?) with moving home this weekend - boxing everything up, so I don't think I will have time for a proper ride with any of the RPCC crowd, maybe just a quick park session if I can squeeze it in. I am quite excited that the bike is finally coming together in a way which is much more pleasing, and hopefully better performing... perhaps a couple of improvements on BH/RP3 lap coming in the next couple of weeks.
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
    Hmmm, I'm undecided now... new brakes have arrived earlier than expected along with my new wheels so I fancy giving both a decent run over the weekend.

Was going to do park laps tomorrow and then there was a possible 200 miler on Mon (yowser!! :shock: ) but I think I might do a more sedate distance and try beating my 3hr time down to Worthing on Sat followed by a return journey on Mon... :?
  • voxegam
    voxegam Posts: 244
    Noooo, dont do it Rich......what you eally want to do is Park laps + hoonfest + surrey hills massacre this bank holiday weekend......trust me, thats what you want to do. :lol:
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
    Planet-X (now winter-bike)
  • Myk-ee
    Myk-ee Posts: 276
    I have a few errands to run saturday morning but might get out for a couple of RP laps in the arvo to bed in the new bike.

Sunday - I'm open to suggestions. Hoonfest could be nice, but thinking that CCC is also an option. What do folks think??
    It's the vibe of the thing.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Rich-Ti
    I don't reckon I'm gonna get up in time for park laps, much as I want to...

Current thinking is park laps, then ride back to Worthing, then ride back here Monday... but that 200 miler is still tempting me, and the prospect of spending 2 nights in Worthing frankly bores me to tears (but riding back on Sunday isn't an option).

Otherwise it'll be park laps then a big ride on Monday for me.

New wheels and brakes ROCK though! 8)

3865367905_fc1d72e0f7.jpg

(anyone wanna buy my M5s?! :shock: :roll: :lol: )
  • Rich-Ti
    Bugger, is that the time?! The iPhone app I'm using as my alarm clock appears to be knackered since the app last got updated so the alarm isn't going off!

Solo park laps then train back to Worthing I reckon... :roll: :lol:
  • felgen
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    Bugger, is that the time?!
    Yep, it was a nice lie-in thank you very much. No headset adjuster in the post (yet) so I aint goin nowhere until it arrives for sure, and getting out may depend on how packing goes - rapidly running out of boxes now.
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Rich-Ti
    felgen wrote:
    No headset adjuster in the post (yet) so I aint goin nowhere until it arrives for sure
    Bizarrely I had a spare arrive in the post yesterday - all yours if you want it?! :?
  • felgen
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    Bizarrely I had a spare arrive in the post yesterday - all yours if you want it?! :?
    Lol Rich, are you ordering so much stuff that you forget what you ordered, or is it a freebie?
    hmm... which one - the m:part one or something more, um exotic? controltech? hope?
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Rich-Ti
    felgen wrote:
    Lol Rich, are you ordering so much stuff that you forget what you ordered, or is it a freebie?
    hmm... which one - the m:part one or something more, um exotic? controltech? hope?
    Got a set of Edge forks on the cheap for my replacement CAAD9 - they came with a bung! It's basically the same as the M:Part one, but with a carbon 'Edge' top cap... 8)
  • felgen
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    felgen wrote:
    Got a set of Edge forks on the cheap for my replacement CAAD9 - they came with a bung! It's basically the same as the M:Part one, but with a carbon 'Edge' top cap... 8)
    does it have a knurled grippy bit as the one I have doesnt grip properly and works loose every 40 miles
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Rich-Ti
    felgen wrote:
    does it have a knurled grippy bit
    Yup :D
  • felgen
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    felgen wrote:
    does it have a knurled grippy bit
    Yup :D
    hokay, check email.... should keep this drivel out of the thread.. ;)
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • voxegam
    Decided to go to Worthing then Rich.....well if you do make it back for monday, fancy the surrey massacre? Same for anyone else???
    Think I'll end up taking tomorrow easy....went with Group 1 on the RP laps today...it was a one way route to suffering to say the least....still good fun though :twisted:
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
  • Rich-Ti
    voxegam wrote:
    Decided to go to Worthing then Rich.....well if you do make it back for monday, fancy the surrey massacre? Same for anyone else???
    Think I'll end up taking tomorrow easy....went with Group 1 on the RP laps today...it was a one way route to suffering to say the least....still good fun though :twisted:
    Good man for going in the first group! 8)

Not riding back to Worthing - probably just some steady park laps with Myk-ee a little later. You're just a smidgen too late on the massacre for Monday too as I've just agreed to do a Monday Mo's ride! :roll: :lol:
  • Rich-Ti
    Change of plan - could be on for the massacre on Monday after all as the Mo who was up for the CCC ride doesn't think he'll be able to handle the average speed :roll: :lol:
  • Myk-ee
    So who's up for the Hoonfest on Monday?

8am start so hopefully back home by about 11.

You all know the rules by now 8)
  • felgen
    Would love to hoon, but will be busy moving home on Monday. The new crank and BB will have to be unleashed on another occasion.
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • gbs
    gbs Posts: 450
    Myk-ee wrote:
    So who's up for the Hoonfest on Monday?

8am start so hopefully back home by about 11.

You all know the rules by now 8)

Not of all of us!

I would not want to invite myself to a run too far/too fast so pl outline some or all of:

route, distance and vertical gain for the three hour trip. :?:
    vintage newbie, spinning away
  • gbs
    gbs Posts: 450
    to myk-ee:

Have just checked the Box Hill thread and see that you re more than one minute faster than me. So I will look for a less demanding ride - unless you carry a tow rope. Enjoy.

PS: still curious re Hoonfest - surely not a celebration of the achievements of a recent Minister for Defence
    vintage newbie, spinning away
  • felgen
    gbs wrote:
    PS: still curious re Hoonfest - surely not a celebration of the achievements of a recent Minister for Defence
    Basically a very fast chaingang, with no waiting for anyone. Type 'hoon' into urban dictionary and you will get the idea.but given the predominance of Antipodeans in and around RPCC, their colloqiualisms find their way into thread parlance with regularity.
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Myk-ee
    gbs wrote:
    to myk-ee:

Have just checked the Box Hill thread and see that you re more than one minute faster than me. So I will look for a less demanding ride - unless you carry a tow rope. Enjoy.

I've managed to knock 21secs off my BH time since doing the hoonfest rides. It really hurts, and in fact I get a little nervous on the 'start line' as I know the suffering that is in store. You never know unless you come out.

Its about 75kms return from RP. Usual route down to Cobham then we avoid the narrow lanes and stay on the wider roads (bit safer at speed in a group) and head for Effingham Junction, over Ranmore Common, drop into BH, then the roundabout run through Epsom back to the park.

As for the 'rules' only 2 really - we go the pace of the fastest rider and if you get dropped you gotta be able to find your own way home. Might seem a little harsh but it is a hoon.. One guy who got dropped on the way out did a short cut to BH and met us there so there are options.

If you're familiar with Surrey then worth a run.

So far no one confirmed, but fingers crossed we get some takers..

Voxegam - you coming out to play?

Maximus might be there and I'm working on Sparticus. The Human Motorbike is moving house so he'll be absent. Depending on other rides might get Rich-Ti out.

Emu - you coming along? You know you want to :twisted:
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    Alright My-kee, 9am and I'll come. Think Rich will find this time acceptable as well 8)
  • Myk-ee
    Alright My-kee, 9am and I'll come. Think Rich will find this time acceptable as well 8)

:D:D:D:D So that's Sparticus sorted.

9am start then to any lurkers.
  • voxegam
    If nothing else is on, which it appears there isnt.....I'll be there......although not sure how I'll feel after saturdays ride.....looked over my Garmin data....averaged a HR of 180!!! No wonder it hurt :twisted:

Oh and by the way, I have a slight route change suggestion.....instead of going down Ranmore to Box the usual way (bumpy, narrow and gravelly), we should go donw the way one would normally go up....I did that descent for the first time a week ago and its really nice.....then at the bottom, we turn left, go up a short incline and then down onto a main road that is nice and fast and takes us to Box...
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
  • Myk-ee
    voxegam wrote:
    If nothing else is on, which it appears there isnt.....I'll be there......although not sure how I'll feel after saturdays ride.....looked over my Garmin data....averaged a HR of 180!!! No wonder it hurt :twisted:

Oh and by the way, I have a slight route change suggestion.....instead of going down Ranmore to Box the usual way (bumpy, narrow and gravelly), we should go donw the way one would normally go up....I did that descent for the first time a week ago and its really nice.....then at the bottom, we turn left, go up a short incline and then down onto a main road that is nice and fast and takes us to Box...

Cool - always up for new scenery. As long as we're all still on your wheel we'll follow :wink:

Looks like its game on :shock:
  • voxegam
    Myk-ee wrote:
    Looks like its game on :shock:

I'm looking forward to it...
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    Prepare for the pain.