have i hit my natural weight?

2»

Comments

• Bhima
    Bhima Posts: 2,145
    Infamous wrote:
    Bhima wrote:
    By the way, it only took me a couple of minutes to post that - I didn't type it, i've been testing out some new voice recognition software. 8) Very accurate.
    hahah fking brilliant bhima. another 5 star post. Imagine some plonker at 11pm at night talking to himself to write a post about intervals. awesome.

How do you do it? every post is better than the last, just when I think you can't get any more bhima, BAM! voice recognition software. You sir are a genius (of sorts).

Woah, steady on. I know i'm totally awesome and everything, but try and control yourself. Please send any fanmail via PM, otherwise it just clogs up threads. :roll:

stevenmh - I'm getting paid to do some software testing so thought i'd give it a go instead of just reading a book or whatever. I'm not aware of the name of the software, it's still being developed. I just look for bugs and stuff.
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    I highly doubt it'd take a couple of mins to write that with voice recognition, that type of stuff never works perfectly, certainly does not when you talk fast too.
  • Takis61
    Takis61 Posts: 239
    I8i89(& a,m dic6gating thi90 with v-8ce recog08jnitiiiiom soiuftwareeeee
    My knees hurt !
  • KevinMcC
    KevinMcC Posts: 95
    Takis61
    PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:28 pm Post subject:
    I8i89(& a,m dic6gating thi90 with v-8ce recog08jnitiiiiom soiuftwareeeee

genuine lol at that one, not often that happens. have a gold star! (note gold star my be imaginary)
  • Escargot
    Escargot Posts: 361
    mikeq wrote:
    amaferanga wrote:
    Escargot wrote:
    I think the trouble with this is that it's usually late evening stuff so you go to sleep with it, which is bad for weight gain.

I think that's a myth.

Correct, just because you are asleep does not mean your body stops using energy.

Your brain alone uses 20 - 25% of the glucose energy in your body

Sadly this is where research goes pear shaped so apologise for the misinformation. I've read so many magazines, books, online articles etc. about various topics and everyone says different. TBH it's a right pain in the ass as you tend to look for practical advice to help achieve your goals.

I should have known from working in a university that researchers are full of s#ite half the time as they're all *experts* but can never agree on anything - hence all the problems with conflicting advice.

Slightly off topic but maybe we should have a myth buster sticky to finally bottom out the:

Protein before or after a workout
    Weights good for cycling
    Riding fasted or full

:wink:
  • Hi Ducati man,

A few very fundamental things to think about:

ALL STRESS SUMMATES

Your (or anyone else's body) does not know the difference between a poor nights sleep, a tough workout, boss/wife/husband giving you a hard time, poor diet etc etc

IT'S ALL STRESS TO YOUR BODY

You are clearly over training (ANS sympathetic dominant) hence your body will not metabolize fat as energy.

Also aerobic exercise elevates cortisol & suppresses glucocorticoids so your body will be swimming in elevated cortisol levels.

In addition to this if your diet is not optimal your blood sugar levels will be like a roller coaster, when ever insulin levels are elevated glucagon (your fat burners) are low!!!!

So a personal sports specific diet is critical (hence why most pro cyclist will have very good nutritional advice/coaching)

In addition to a individual specific diet & hydration plan you also need a specific periodized training plan with incremental & long term goals (beginning with a series of tests to establish a "starting point") other wise you're wondering round not knowing where you started or how you are progressing, hence people with non specific training routines rarely realize their goals. Quality alway out ways quantity!

Regards your body fat %, as other posts your body will break down your own muscle to use as energy if it doesn't get the right nutrients (gluconeogenesis)

In brief;

Reduce the volume of exercise you are doing
    Every time you do exercise have a goal/objective eg 10ml TT or sub 110bpm HR etc

Make sure you're getting at least 8 hours sleep! Physical repair takes place from ~10/10.30pm - ~3.00am & phycological repair ~3.00-6.30am

Hydration, body weight in KG x 0.033 = ltrs per day (excluding exercise!!!!) sweet rates vary from 500ml - 1500ml per hour! (It's east to work it out, try it you'll be suprised)

Eat according to your metabolic type

You'll find out much more good advice in Paul Chek's book "How To Eat Move & Be Healthy" (link below)

http://www.markjohnson-coaching.co.uk/Community.htm

If you want more advice/information check out my website:

www.markjohnson-coaching.co.uk

Regards

Mark
    CHEK HLC & PT
  • Bhima
    Bhima Posts: 2,145

You are clearly over training (ANS sympathetic dominant) hence your body will not metabolize fat as energy.

What?! Not using fat as energy? Surely, this is totally impossible...?
  • thanks mark, what a fantastic write up!

i was talking to an ironman today and he said i need focus goals.

i am a member of a gym so i might do a session with them. i think i need to work out my heart rate ranges and train to that. i.e. hards/intervals/long and slow etc...

my perceived effort is terrible - it always hurts!!!
  • robrauy
    robrauy Posts: 252
    Make sure you're getting at least 8 hours sleep! Physical repair takes place from ~10/10.30pm - ~3.00am & phycological repair ~3.00-6.30am

Hi Mark,

Just curious - Do you have links to any research for this ?

Many thanks
  • Takis61
    Takis61 Posts: 239
    Thanks KevinMcC, not often I'm that inspired !
    My knees hurt !