Lance and Cav quit Tour of Ireland before the big hill

13»

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    You keep clutching at spokes. Soon there will be none left.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Moray Gub wrote:
    I looked at your posts MG - it looks like you don't post in anything other than Lance threads.

I'm afraid no one can touch afx - he is one of the best posters on the Pro Race forums.

I post in many threads not concering Lance the problem is you are so obsessed with him you cant see that. as for not touching afx why would i want to that would be more your thing id imagine.

Setting the maturity bar as high as ever, I see. Classy.
  • Fastlad
    Fastlad Posts: 908
    Moray.....I'm loving the "ya rocket" ..do you ever listen to radio clyde with plunge mcnugget? LMFAO :lol:
  • Fastlad
    Fastlad Posts: 908
    French fighter....THERE is NOTHING wrong with being obsessed with Lance (just like you are obsessed with bertie) Hell, only today i was fantasising about going to Austin, Texas, just so i could go to mellow johnnys bike shop and hang at the Juan Pelota cafe 8)

p.s My mellow johnnys T is currently on order (cannae feckin wait!) :P
  • ForumNewbie
    ForumNewbie Posts: 1,664
    Blonde wrote:
    Astana and Columbia riders don't really need to ride/finish the tour of Ireland in terms of their sponsors coverage and apart from the fact that they've all already had their big moment/peaked this year and are probably all still recovering from TDF. They don't need to knacker themselves doing a relatively insignificant (for them and their sponsors) tour!
    Even if they were under no pressure from their sponsors to finish the race, I think that big stars like Cav and Lance in particular, should maybe have thought of the ordinary people that had probably waited on that hill in pouring rain for hours to see them. It wasn't exactly one of the Tour de France cols they had to climb - it was a short steep hill in a city, which I would have thought Lance could have cruised up relatively easily, even in that weather. Don't get me wrong, I like Lance and admire his achievements, but if I had been waiting on that hill wet through all day, and found out he couldn't be bothered coming up the hill, it would certainly make me think twice about donating to his charity.

I do agree about your praise for Russell Downing - he did brilliantly.
  • BikingBernie
    BikingBernie Posts: 2,163
    Roscobob wrote:
    I appreciate a lot of your points on the forum I just think a lot of the anti Armstrong stuff is boring. If it wasn't Armstrong then you'd find someone else to obsess about I would imagine, but, your obvious knowledge and experience would be better served in a more positive way helping the beginners on this forum rather than poisening their minds with all this before they've even gotten started with the sport.
    It really worries me when people start to argue that the truth is 'poison'...
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    edited August 2009
    afx237vi wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    I looked at your posts MG - it looks like you don't post in anything other than Lance threads.

I'm afraid no one can touch afx - he is one of the best posters on the Pro Race forums.

I post in many threads not concering Lance the problem is you are so obsessed with him you cant see that. as for not touching afx why would i want to that would be more your thing id imagine.

?
    He is holding you up to be some sort of posting demi god...........it deserves ridicule imo.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • moray_gub
    Fastlad wrote:
    Moray.....I'm loving the "ya rocket" ..do you ever listen to radio clyde with plunge mcnugget? LMFAO :lol:

Now and again but cant say ive heard of plunge mcnugget.
  • moray_gub
    Roscobob wrote:
    I appreciate a lot of your points on the forum I just think a lot of the anti Armstrong stuff is boring. If it wasn't Armstrong then you'd find someone else to obsess about I would imagine, but, your obvious knowledge and experience would be better served in a more positive way helping the beginners on this forum rather than poisening their minds with all this before they've even gotten started with the sport.

No need to worry as you woud'nt know the truth even if it smacked you square in the coupon.
  • I think Afx was more referring to the fact that you resort to "ya poofta" like comments, which have been thrown about a fair bit laterly particularly at Frenchie. If you disagree with him fine but whats the deal with the gay jokes?
    Take care of the luxuries and the necessites will take care of themselves.
  • moray_gub
    I think Afx was more referring to the fact that you resort to "ya poofta" like comments, which have been thrown about a fair bit laterly particularly at Frenchie. If you disagree with him fine but whats the deal with the gay jokes?

Cant say ive seen anyone call him that, but he does seem to bang on a bit about bare chested men and muscles etc .
  • Rockmount does it in every post when his reply to frenchie.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784

It's not truth any longer, it's fundamentalism. Armstrong, and I'm no fan, can't do anything without people trying to twist it into an excuse to have a pop. He's doing a ride with the fans in Dublin again today so I bet we're all bound to hear soon how people who attend have sad lives and it's just PR.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • iainf72 wrote:

It's not truth any longer, it's fundamentalism. Armstrong, and I'm no fan, can't do anything without people trying to twist it into an excuse to have a pop. He's doing a ride with the fans in Dublin again today so I bet we're all bound to hear soon how people who attend have sad lives and it's just PR.

Look out someones posting sense, where are the mods when you need them
  • Roscobob
    Roscobob Posts: 344
    iainf72 wrote:

Agreed! I think Bernie has that naked Armstrong poster on his wall :lol:
  • :roll:
  • rockmount
    rockmount Posts: 761
    Rockmount does it in every post when his reply to frenchie.
    Now now Edna you know thats just not true, and you know it. Frenchies sexual preferences are none of my concern.
    .. who said that, internet forum people ?
  • markwalker
    markwalker Posts: 953
    rockmount wrote:
    Now now Edna you know thats just not true, and you know it. Frenchies sexual preferences are none of my concern.

Quite so co ckmount. quite so
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    iainf72 wrote:
    He's doing a ride with the fans in Dublin again today so I bet we're all bound to hear soon how people who attend have sad lives and it's just PR.

Yes I read that earlier today that.
    Today, Ride with Lance in Dublin
    Now if the Lovies start their chatter like the Glasgow thread then you must expect some "Truth's" to come out.

Thought he Flew home, so has he a Double.
    Now that would answer a Hell of a lot of Questions that I've (personally) never seen as a suggestion.
    Seen the rumour about Hamiltons alleged Twin.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • markwalker
    markwalker Posts: 953
    deejay wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    He's doing a ride with the fans in Dublin again today so I bet we're all bound to hear soon how people who attend have sad lives and it's just PR.

Yes I read that earlier today that.
    Today, Ride with Lance in Dublin
    Now if the Lovies start their chatter like the Glasgow thread then you must expect some "Truth's" to come out.

Thought he Flew home, so has he a Double.
    Now that would answer a Hell of a lot of Questions that I've (personally) never seen as a suggestion.
    Seen the rumour about Hamiltons alleged Twin.

Hmm maybe hes had too much of the black stuff and he thinks hes his own twin??
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Contador is the Greatest
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    edited August 2009
    Roscobob wrote:
    If it wasn't Armstrong then you'd find someone else, but, your obvious knowledge and experience would be better served in a more positive way helping the beginners on this forum rather than poisening their minds with all this before they've even gotten started with the sport.

That is the whole point of Arguing about having NO RESPECT for him.
    With all the Hype about him being the greatist racing cyclist of all time is just Absolute Rubish and if they don't see this view given then the poor souls will believe it.

The Real Ranking Lists (non USA that is) consistently place him about 15th in the All Time Greatist Lists I've seen.
    I can agree with that.

The people in the Media don't bother about that and use him as another Tool for them to make Profits.
    There is no Balance in their point of view, is there.
    So why complain here when this is one of the few outlets to voice a hopefully Legal opinion.
    Maybe it is Jake in practice

Nice One, :lol:
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • rockmount
    rockmount Posts: 761
    markwalker wrote:
    rockmount wrote:

Quite so co ckmount. quite so
    Touche Mark Wan ker :-)
    .. who said that, internet forum people ?
  • Roscobob
    Roscobob Posts: 344
    deejay wrote:
    Roscobob wrote:
    If it wasn't Armstrong then you'd find someone else, but, your obvious knowledge and experience would be better served in a more positive way helping the beginners on this forum rather than poisening their minds with all this before they've even gotten started with the sport.

That is the whole point of Arguing about having NO RESPECT for him.
    With all the Hype about him being the greatist racing cyclist of all time is just Absolute Rubish and if they don't see this view given then the poor souls will believe it.

The Real Ranking Lists (non USA that is) consistently place him about 15th in the All Time Greatist Lists I've seen.
    I can agree with that.

The people in the Media don't bother about that and use him as another Tool for them to make Profits.
    There is no Balance in their point of view, is there.
    So why complain here when this is one of the few outlets to voice a hopefully Legal opinion.
    Maybe it is Jake in practice

Nice One, :lol:

That's not my point. I've had my eyes opened since joining this forum and respect peoples opinions.

Some posters turn any thread into a doping/lance etc thread. They have a real obsession with it. New people join and instead of educating and encouraging, people have a go at them about their beliefs. It's very full on and I think discourages people from getting more involved in cycling.
  • BikingBernie
    BikingBernie Posts: 2,163
    Roscobob wrote:
    New people join and instead of educating and encouraging, people have a go at them about their beliefs.
    In my book most such threads are an attempt to 'educate'...
    Roscobob wrote:
    It's very full on and I think discourages people from getting more involved in cycling.
    What on earth has talking about the antics of a few professional sportsmen got to do with 'getting involved in cycling'? Are you really arguing that people are more likely to dump their bikes in the shed, never to be used again, because people on a forum somewhere discuss doping? I can't see a bit of discussion about doping deterring those who are obsessive and single-minded enough to actually make it as a pro cyclist from trying to follow a professional career either.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Roscobob wrote:
    New people join and instead of educating and encouraging, people have a go at them about their beliefs.
    In my book most such threads are an attempt to 'educate'...
    Roscobob wrote:
    It's very full on and I think discourages people from getting more involved in cycling.
    Are you really arguing that people are more likely to dump their bikes in the shed, never to be used again, because people on a forum somewhere discuss doping? I can't see a bit of discussion about doping deterring those who are obsessive and single-minded enough to actually make it as a pro cyclist from trying to follow a professional career either.

I tend to to to to to ah ah ah ah agree. Almost didn't get that out(it's BB ya know). Much like doping hasn't stopped bunches of people from being wanna be bodybuilders, the same could be said for cycling. People are going to ride bikes and some are going to get hooked on racing no matter who gets caught doping or who writes what about the "problem".
    Sorry BB. Will try to disagree vehemently next time.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Moray Gub wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:

?
    He is holding you up to be some sort of posting demi god...........it deserves ridicule imo.

So ridicule it without the "touching is more your thing" crap. That's the kind of thing I'd expect to see on a Youtube comments section, not here.
  • moray_gub
    afx237vi wrote:

So ridicule it without the "touching is more your thing" crap. That's the kind of thing I'd expect to see on a Youtube comments section, not here.[/quote]

If its ok with you ill post what i want to post.