Gutted with myself - fat quitter

2»

Comments

• I'm also 5'11 and 100Kg, I was 100Kg 5 years ago, then started going out running and got down to 80kg pretty easily (I was always a thin kid/teen), stopped that about 3 years ago and now i'm back at 100.

I stopped cycling seriously about 8 years ago after getting neck pains after 20-30 miles. Decided I am going to start again but only really focussing now on 10/25m TT.

I am hoping to drop to 80-85kg by next April, just need to keep off the choclate and crisps each day, and i've got my final bottle of wine in the house to drink tonight!

Remember the pain is the fat burning away!

Matt
  • I'm same height and 11 stone (~70 kilos?).

I think I would be well behind you and puffing harder if I was carrying an extra 30Kg in my panniers. So the good news is you are stronger than me, just that you have to do more work ... and if that goes to shedding weight (3,500 calories ~ 1lb) then you will eventually go faster & further than me.

Avoid big hills, get your aerobic rate up and maintain it with faster long flats & gentle inclines. 50 miles is not a bad target. As the weight falls away you can move to more hilly routes. Do what's right for you. Don't let somebody else's fixed route knacker and destroy your enthusiasm!