Turbo-adjustable v non adjustable?

KillerMetre
KillerMetre Posts: 199
I am planning on buying a turbo within the next few days and it has come down to the cycleops jetfluid pro OR Minoura VFS-GR.

The cycleops has no adjustable resistance as it increases with effort but the minoura does have adjustable resistance.
Do you guys think an adjustable unit is vital to ensure a hard workout or will the cycleops be able to provide me with sufficient resistance for a hard 'climbing' session?

Comments

• hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    I've just bought the CycleOps Fluid 2, I reckon my gears will take care of the resistance!
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • deal
    deal Posts: 857
    i have cyclops fluid 2 and my gears are not sufficient to allow a low cadence / high power combination, to reach my outdoor climbing power i have to spin a large gear at 80-90 rpm which ofcourse does not feel like climbing.
  • nmcgann
    nmcgann Posts: 1,780
    I'd go with variable resistance. I do most of my turbo work on the big ring and I'd want to be able to select the right power for particular gears.

Neil
    --
    "Because the cycling is pain. The cycling is soul crushing pain."
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I'd get a Tacx Satori :D
  • NapoleonD wrote:
    I'd get a Tacx Satori :D

How loud is the satori?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    It seems absolutely fine to me, I can hear my laptop speaker over the top of it and I don't use a dedicated tyre...

I'm really impressed with it. Stick the front wheel in the air and ramp the resistance up for a bl00dy good climbing workout. In big gear on resistance 10 I'm putting out at least 450-500 watts at a cadence of 60-65.
  • NapoleonD wrote:
    It seems absolutely fine to me, I can hear my laptop speaker over the top of it and I don't use a dedicated tyre...

I'm really impressed with it. Stick the front wheel in the air and ramp the resistance up for a bl00dy good climbing workout. In big gear on resistance 10 I'm putting out at least 450-500 watts at a cadence of 60-65.

+1 It is quiet and you can get a good climbibg workout from it
    Go neiri on bothar leat.