Smashing your gooch

sonny73
sonny73 Posts: 2,203
Absolutely whacked my gooch on my saddle today :shock: dropping back in to the saddle way too hard as I rode over a bump, having been giving it some on the flat in the first few minutes of riding. I was in bl**dy agony for about 10 minutes and thought I'd done some real damage.
Not that I have done it before but it got me thinking, what are the long term issues of repeated gooch belting like that? Can't be good, any doctors in the house?

Comments

• Well I've never heard it get called a gooch before
    Do you call it that cos its going bald and you need artifical hair replacement down there?
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Well I've never heard it get called a gooch before
    Do you call it that cos its going bald and you need artifical hair replacement down there?

:lol::lol: I have no clue why it is called a gooch, to be honest I'm just getting down with the kids lingo on that one. I was informed some months ago by my good woman’s younger bro that that is what it's called these days. Mind you I never had a name for it myself apart from my undercarriage..... this is turning out to be a nice thread eh!
  • andrewjoseph
    andrewjoseph Posts: 2,165
    In my experience, repeated 'gooch' pummelling tends not to happen. Most men try very, very hard to prevent a re-occurrence.

When riding over road obstacles, get up on the pedals with knees slightly bent, only come back onto the seat when the road is smooth again, and do it gently. :wink:
    --
    Burls Ti Tourer for Tarmac, Saracen aluminium full suss for trails
  • andrewjoseph
    gooch 9 up, 20 down
    Gooch is a term that is used by stupid people who have learned it from the show, "Jackass."

Glad I put my use of the term in single quotes to show I was quoting, thus proving I am not stupid. 8)
    --
  • andrewjoseph
    Gooch is a term that is used by stupid people who have learned it from the show, "Jackass."

Glad I put my use of the term in single quotes to show I was quoting, thus proving I am not stupid. 8)
    --
  • Big Shoes
    Big Shoes Posts: 131
    The word 'Gooch' is awesome, i still use it all the time, and yes, i heard it first on Jackass
    Full Susser - GT I-Drive XCR 5

Hardtail - GT Aggressor XC 2

Road Bike - GT GTR Series 4
  • Barse n. The perineum; that little bit between your balls and your arse.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Seems to be described as the "taint" on the DZ Nuts chamois cream...
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • trig1
    trig1 Posts: 111
    scrass, grundle, jampher are all words ive heard to describe this area :lol:
  • trig1
    trig1 Posts: 111
    scrass, grundle, jampher are all words ive heard to describe this area :lol:
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    I always knew it as 'no mans land'! :roll:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • deal
    deal Posts: 857
    All the cool kids were using the term 'gooch' at my school over 20 years ago, being young and naive I always thought they were talking about cricket!
  • jswba wrote:

haha this made me laugh, no to self, don't listen to what you hear on TV!