recommend me cycle computer for interval training

sandbag
sandbag Posts: 429
I have currently got a Strada Cadence cycle computer but I am looking for something better that has interval training options, preferably displaying this option on the same screen as the cadence, and with big display ideally, otherwise i consider a seperate interval timer for the wrist such as a Timex Ironman.

Can you suggest a really good one that is near to perfect with few niggles.

Many Thanks.

Comments

• sandbag
    edited August 2009
    Bit of a broad question, is there any advanced products with lots of features, that doesn't cost tthe earth that you swear by, and what do you all use? Polar? Garmin?
  • Infamous
    Infamous Posts: 1,130
    Just get a garmin, everything else is inferior.

With a garmin you can program the exact interval timing you want, so you could do 3 mins at 25mph, 1 min at 150 BPM, 5 mins @ 120 RPM etc etc etc
  • sandbag
    Thanks for the suggestion. I also thought about a IPhone as there is some alright and maybe suitable cycling applications, with the added advantage of running extra stuff. I believe the GPS only works by the internet though.

Currently my solution to prevent flicking screens, is take mental note of all interval speeds at the desired cadences, then flip and leave on the timer screen(where the speed is displayed as well). Alternatively using bike near pc monitor, running timer software :lol: .