Is there anyone on here who genuinely thinks Wiggins doped?

2»

Comments

• markwalker
    markwalker Posts: 953
    and spelling issues !
  • Steve Tcp
    Steve Tcp Posts: 7,350
    To be honest Mark I'm not sure how my quote links to what you said either, can you enlighten me? :(
    Take care,

Steve.
  • markwalker
    Steve Tcp wrote:
    To be honest Mark I'm not sure how my quote links to what you said either, can you enlighten me? :(

Steve big appology too little time or care im afraid. The answer is it doesnt but does apply to earleir posts, not by you by pokerface, youd responded to him.

Dunces cap on
    :oops:
  • ermintrude
    ermintrude Posts: 514
    Forum's not dying it's already dead. The pro-race section is full of people who have no interest in cycling. It is now a pharmacy section. I can't believe the amount of crap people seem to know about doping it's just SO dull, and I don't care who disagrees so don't waste your time refuting what I've said (in any case I won't be back to read it !)
  • chriskempton
    chriskempton Posts: 1,245
    ermintrude wrote:
    Forum's not dying it's already dead. The pro-race section is full of people who have no interest in cycling. It is now a pharmacy section. I can't believe the amount of crap people seem to know about doping it's just SO dull, and I don't care who disagrees so don't waste your time refuting what I've said (in any case I won't be back to read it !)

+1 I'm astounded by just how knowledgeable some people are on doping. I'm loath to feel negative about people having knowledge, but it's so depressing to hear the sheer depth of expertise people have in something we all think is bad. I don't want to put my head in the sand, so I'm of course interested if someone is caught doping, but at the same time I wouldn't want to be any kind of authority in how to cheat in cycling.

It's like a morbid fascination bordering on obsession.

The OP poses a valid question, but at the same time just opens up a thread that links BW to doping (no offence, I'm not saying this is done intentionally) when BW's apparently doing everything he can to be clean and be seen to be clean.

Depressing.
  • Ramanujan
    Ramanujan Posts: 352
    I wish the UCI and ASO would read this forum just to see how the 'fans' think about the sport now.
  • patchy wrote:
    NO of course Bradley didn't dope

Mind you he did eat his weetabix

bran flakes, surely?

No defiantly weetabix: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rzuujKpuF0
    -- edd
  • markwalker
    ermintrude wrote:
    Forum's not dying it's already dead. The pro-race section is full of people who have no interest in cycling. It is now a pharmacy section. I can't believe the amount of crap people seem to know about doping it's just SO dull, and I don't care who disagrees so don't waste your time refuting what I've said (in any case I won't be back to read it !)[/quote]

thats the best option dont read the posts that dont interest or bore you. Theres lots going on that isnt drug related.
  • drenkrom
    drenkrom Posts: 1,062
    So much certainty. So much belief. So much faith.

Me, I'm not a faith guy. I don't know if Wiggins doped. None of you on here know either, unless Brad is lurking in our midst. That's the only viable answer anyone could have to such a question. Anything else is based on faith, one way or the other. If you want to exercise faith, there have to be more constructive ways of doing that than pro cycling.

I don't know if Wiggins doped. I just know he rode a superb Tour. If, in a few years, no rumblings of malpractice have surfaced, I'll assume he did it clean, but I'll never know, and I prefer not to "believe" something from someone I don't know.
  • I've had enough of this bo**ocks.
    I'm off to Veloriders.

Ta Ta Forever
    Let's close our eyes and see what happens
  • Ramanujan
    Ramanujan Posts: 352
    drenkrom wrote:

Me, I'm not a faith guy. I don't know if Wiggins doped. None of you on here know either, unless Brad is lurking in our midst. That's the only viable answer anyone could have to such a question. Anything else is based on faith, one way or the other. If you want to exercise faith, there have to be more constructive ways of doing that than pro cycling.

I don't know if Wiggins doped. I just know he rode a superb Tour. If, in a few years, no rumblings of malpractice have surfaced, I'll assume he did it clean, but I'll never know, and I prefer not to "believe" something from someone I don't know.

that
  • Richrd2205
    Richrd2205 Posts: 1,267
    drenkrom wrote:

Good point! I think that Brad's less likely than others to have doped, but that's simply probability based on judgement. There are riders in the peleton who are far more likely to be doped, but again, this is probability, based on judgement....

There's plenty posts on on this thread saying that it's depressing. I'm finding people saying, "it's depressing," far more depressing than folk joining in & discussing. I also find folk who refuse to accept the possibility then who are destroyed by the actuality really depressing. I'm finding folk saying that doubting rider X or Y is a priori wrong depressing. & I'm finding folk suggesting that an annual fluctuation means something is dead as depressing as anything.

Somewhere between none & almost all of the pro peleton are currently doping. Very few people know how many. Can we just accept this & move on?
  • AndyRubio
    AndyRubio Posts: 880
    Ramanujan wrote:
    If it were nearly any other rider, that had a similar record of not being able to climb, suddenly loses a few kilos and then bang!...gets 4th in the TDF, wouldn't everyone be questioning that result?.
    Brits don't dope, it's only those foreigners without our sense of fair play that cheat.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Anyone who posts the question on here and then says its circumstantial about his weight loss, and could have given false blood results when they were the official ones clearly has an agenda.

I've seen the photos of Wiggins - he looks bloody ill. He's definitely lost weight.

I think he's clean.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    cougie wrote:
    Anyone who posts the question on here and then says its circumstantial about his weight loss, and could have given false blood results when they were the official ones clearly has an agenda.

I've seen the photos of Wiggins - he looks bloody ill. He's definitely lost weight.

I think he's clean.

+1. Some people seem to look everywhere in the hope of seeing doping. I'd rather see a bike race.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Has anyone read the Le Monde article "Questions sur l'ascension record de Contador" from the reaction it looks like Lemond thinks Contador and Wiggins doped. Lemond to me seems to have a reasonably scientific assessment of what is and isn't possible without the use of drugs.
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    Does anyone else think that Lemond is starting to come across as a little bitter and twisted?
  • Steve Tcp
    Steve Tcp Posts: 7,350
    Has anyone read the Le Monde article "Questions sur l'ascension record de Contador" from the reaction it looks like Lemond thinks Contador and Wiggins doped. Lemond to me seems to have a reasonably scientific assessment of what is and isn't possible without the use of drugs.

There's another take on that Lemond question in the Jonathon Vaughters article linked to in this thread.
    Take care,

Steve.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Smokin Joe wrote:
    Does anyone else think that Lemond is starting to come across as a little bitter and twisted?

Seems like he hasn't been doing himself any favors lately. A lot of negative talk and not the best of publicity. Maybe he's just getting things of his chest. Like pretty much everyone has been known to do on occasion. Loss of his bike brand probably didn't help his attitude any.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Steve Tcp wrote:
    Has anyone read the Le Monde article "Questions sur l'ascension record de Contador" from the reaction it looks like Lemond thinks Contador and Wiggins doped. Lemond to me seems to have a reasonably scientific assessment of what is and isn't possible without the use of drugs.

There's another take on that Lemond question in the Jonathon Vaughters article linked to in this thread.
    Also, this discussion of the LeMond/Vayer analysis has been around for a while: http://www.sportsscientists.com/2009/07 ... o2max.html
    Worth a read
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • patchy
    patchy Posts: 779
    edduddiee wrote:
    patchy wrote:
    NO of course Bradley didn't dope

Mind you he did eat his weetabix

bran flakes, surely?

No defiantly weetabix: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rzuujKpuF0

perhaps that's the difference! maybe the key change in the training plan is

Track: bran flakes (as endorsed by sirchrishoyonyourbike!)
    Road: weetabix

I'm off to buy some tasteless wheat biscuits RIGHT NOW!
    point your handlebars towards the heavens and sweat like you're in hell
  • Belv
    Belv Posts: 866
    I am happy to apply "Innocent till proven guilty" to the entire peloton.
    I'd rather be disappointed with an individual than watch the whole race wondering who is clean.
  • AndyRubio wrote:
    Brits don't dope, it's only those foreigners without our sense of fair play that cheat.

How come then if BC has been washing whiter than white did they manage to have a certain Rob Hayles fail the 50% hemacrit test just before a major championship ? , maybe the Manchester velodrome suddenly become a high altitude area :idea:
  • nick hanson
    nick hanson Posts: 1,655
    AndyRubio wrote:

How come then if BC has been washing whiter than white did they manage to have a certain Rob Hayles fail the 50% hemacrit test just before a major championship ? , maybe the Manchester velodrome suddenly become a high altitude area :idea:
    Rob Hayles didn't fail any dope tests.He has a naturally high Haemocrit level,which then raised very slightly due to dehydration,& went over the 50% limit.
    For F*cks sake,stop slagging British cyclists,have some national pride,or clear off & emmigrate.
    Back to the subject matter,No,I don't think he doped,not for a minute
    Instead of slagging our riders,I went to The Ventoux to support them.
    so many cols,so little time!
  • AndyRubio
    AndyRubio Posts: 880
    For F*cks sake,stop slagging British cyclists,have some national pride,or clear off & emmigrate.
    heh heh are you Norman Tebbitt in disguise?