southern sportive

frostym
frostym Posts: 17
Any one doing the southern sportive on 13 september . I have entered but not recieved any ride details ect .Has any one else ?

Comments

• Not entered but thinking about it.

When I read on their website a couple of weeks ago, they say they will send out details nearer the time. Suggest they are focussing resources on the upcoming ride.

Do they sell out quick? Can I reg on the day? :?
    2009 Kona Zing - second ever racer and follows my 5 speed downshifters Raleigh Milk Race of 1987ish :-)
  • frostym
    Thanks i looked on web site 2 days ago still had places but they do usually sell out .
  • Hi folks

Yes, you'll start receiving the pre event info after we get this weekends event out of the way frostym.

There are still spaces at the moment, but sales have really accelerated in the last three weeks. At current rate of sale, it'll sell out in the next 2-3 weeks. There's no entry on the day either I'm afraid, the Southern is open to advance entries only.
    Martin

trailbreak.co.uk
    southernsportive.com
  • frostym
    Thanks Martin looking forward to september.
  • Im game!

Just entered... Looking forward to a sportive not on the Welsh hills. Just the 'flat' downs instead :P

See you all the day before my birthday :D
    “Look where you want to go. Not where you are going”
  • jrduquemin
    jrduquemin Posts: 791
    Entered a couple weeks ago :-) Looking forward to it too, not done a sportive for 2 years :)
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • Amos
    Amos Posts: 438
    Are you guys doing the full, medium or short route?
  • JasonRwmb
    JasonRwmb Posts: 268
    I entered a few days ago, looking forward to it as it was a great ride last year.

Full route for me.
  • batch78
    batch78 Posts: 1,320
    Just entered, first ever sportive.

Only been riding road a year, full course. :twisted:
  • Long route for me. I'm going for Gold ! :D
  • sampras38
    sampras38 Posts: 1,917
    Another entrant here and looking forward to it. I also did the long route for the 09 Wales Dragon but I'm sure this will be a lot different. Only ridden around the South Downs once before.
  • Amos
    I just entered, decided to go for the medium as this will be my first sportive and I haven't been riding much this year :)
  • jrduquemin
    jrduquemin Posts: 791
    Full distance for me too, dragging my mate round :-)
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • sampras38
    What's everyone doing prior to the ride?

Are you staying overnight somewhere close, or just turning up in the morning?

I was down this neck-of-the-woods at the weekend and it looks a nice route. At least what I saw.
  • topcattim
    topcattim Posts: 766
    I only live about 25 miles away, so will be turning up that morning. Am really looking forward to it - this will be my second time on the Southern Sportive and it was my favourite sportive last year, best organised, friendliest volunteers/staff, lovely route.

I only wish it didn't come after my annual holiday with all the associated alcohol, chocolate and lazing around...
  • sampras38
    topcattim wrote:
    I only live about 25 miles away, so will be turning up that morning. Am really looking forward to it - this will be my second time on the Southern Sportive and it was my favourite sportive last year, best organised, friendliest volunteers/staff, lovely route.

I only wish it didn't come after my annual holiday with all the associated alcohol, chocolate and lazing around...

Can you recommend anywhere good to park?
  • topcattim
    sampras38 wrote:
    topcattim wrote:

Can you recommend anywhere good to park?

Last year I arrived about an hour before the start, and there was loads of car parking space on site. I see from their website that they will have additional parking areas available as well. I figure, based on everything else that I have experienced/heard about this sportive, that it will be well signed and marshalled.
  • Amos
    Could someone please link me to the riders entry list? I can't seem to find it on the site :?
  • Amos wrote:
    Could someone please link me to the riders entry list? I can't seem to find it on the site :?

Hi Amos

The rider list will be published next week and riders numbers will be added to that in the week prior to the event.
    Martin

trailbreak.co.uk
    southernsportive.com
  • Heading over from the West Country (la la la) if anyone wants to share the journey over ?
  • sampras38
    And do we know when the route will be available for download, for the GPS users?

Ta
  • topcattim
    Info about when we'd get rider list details and GPS files was included in the email that we had last week. Specifically, it said
    Closer to the event, you'll be sent more links to the rider entry list which will be published to allow you to look up your race number (which will help to speed up your registration process), and to GPS files for the route, so those of you with the relevant handlebar mounted technology can navigate the course with greater ease.

So I figure we'll get it in the next week or so.
  • Hi folks

You should get the full rider info on Tuesday; that'll be in the form of an email with a link to a pdf download. I'll include the link to the GPS files in that too.

The rider list with associated rider numbers will be on the website by the end of next week, earlier if possible.
    Martin

trailbreak.co.uk
    southernsportive.com
  • Amos
    Thanks for the info Martin :D
  • sampras38
    Hi Martin,

I've just received the registration and route info today and I have to say, half and banana and a flapjack is a bit of a micky take tbh..

I was at the wales Dragon ride a few months ago and they provided enough cakes and bananas you could eat, plus Hi-5 drink and water.

I've always relied on my own supplies at these events but still..

Not that impressed tbh..;-)
  • Muzak
    Muzak Posts: 78
    Have spare entry available...
  • Muzak
    Muzak Posts: 78
    now gone
  • really looking forward to this one now... Might be my last sportive of 2009 what with moving house!

lets hope for dry roads and some team work! :P
  • Checked my junk folders and so on but can't find any trace of that e-mail with the event info for Sunday.
    I guess it was the same info for everyone - could some kind person forward it on to me?
    Thanks.
  • PM message me graham1871 :)

I have it as a PDF