Woodcote Sportive this Sunday

2»

Comments

• unscarred
    unscarred Posts: 208
    I forgot about the medal, I didn't get one either. Anyone know if we can get one sent out?
    FCN 6 in the week on the shiny new single speed.

FCN 3 at the weekend - struggling to do it justice!
  • No medals only the satisfaction of knowing your time :wink:
  • sloboy
    sloboy Posts: 1,139
    My on-bike altimeter called it 1500m of ascent.

I thought it was quite a tough round - I always get caught out by hills late in a route, because when I'm riding at home, whichever way I come back the last 20km or so are easy. Yesterday I also suffered from some "Irrational exuberance" riding with a group a bit too fast for me in the 2nd and 3rd hour. Good fun though !
  • proto
    proto Posts: 1,483
    edited August 2009
    Ended up giving it a miss. I was at Fairport Convention's Cropredy festival on Saturday and rather over indulged on Wadsworth 6X. :oops:

So, had a very lazy morning and went out with daughter in the late afternoon for about 20 miles.
  • proto wrote:
    Ended up giving it a miss. I was at Fairport Convention's Cropredy festival on Saturday and over rather over indulged on Wadsworth 6X. :oops:

I've heard worse excuses for missing a ride :wink:

Results are online now folks. Let me know if you spot any errors of omissions; I've checked them over but the odd one or two can still slip through.

I'll try and catch up with all the comments and feedback on this thread before the end of the day too.
    Martin

trailbreak.co.uk
    southernsportive.com
  • Myk-ee
    Myk-ee Posts: 276
    tyskie wrote:
    This was my first sportive and really enjoyed it. Couldn't keep up with Rich, Mykee et al and lost them at about 17 miles. Found another group after a while going about my speed and stayed with them until a 35mph downhill blow-out.

Think you must have been doing alright as you caught us at the final feed point with 20kms to go.

My second time doing the Woodcote, and thought it was a good route.

Thanks to the organisers.
    It's the vibe of the thing.
  • JasonRwmb
    JasonRwmb Posts: 268
    Hi Martin, only problem I noticed on the day was a few people missing the turning in Goring (the one that took you into a housing estate) they then rejoined the route a bit further on. It wasn't a major problem, but at the time I was puzzled as to how I was overtaking them twice, when I couldn't remember them going past me. Other than that I found it all fine, and I did get a voucher for a tea or coffee at the end.

See you at the Southern Sportive (or a Navigator in the winter?)
  • tyskie
    tyskie Posts: 252
    Myk-ee wrote:
    tyskie wrote:
    This was my first sportive and really enjoyed it. Couldn't keep up with Rich, Mykee et al and lost them at about 17 miles. Found another group after a while going about my speed and stayed with them until a 35mph downhill blow-out.

Think you must have been doing alright as you caught us at the final feed point with 20kms to go.

Myk-ee. That was James (Esoteric) who caught you up at the final feed point. I came in at 4.50, 20 mins behind you lot. Got a Gold though which I'm well chuffed with.
  • Hi, Did the mid route and found the roads to be, mostly, terrible. A long section before the first feed was almost unrideable- gravel, potholes, grass- you name it- very poor and not up to the standards set with the Letcombe Regis (Wantage) event. My main gripe, though, was the distance to the first feed at 38 miles-the second coming just 10 miles later and 10 miles from the end! Also, nobody seemed to want to work and groups just didn't form. Late season apathy??
  • Myk-ee
    Myk-ee Posts: 276
    tyskie wrote:
    Myk-ee wrote:
    tyskie wrote:

Myk-ee. That was James (Esoteric) who caught you up at the final feed point. I came in at 4.50, 20 mins behind you lot. Got a Gold though which I'm well chuffed with.
    I must have been halucinating. Mal was driving us hard :?

Awesome effort with the gold time! I must have done 8-10 sportives and that was my first gold.
    It's the vibe of the thing.
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    Yeah I saw you RPCC'ers got a 4h30 time - nice effort, did Mal make you 'suffer in your jocks' then ;)
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB