This months procycling

2»

Comments

• doddy178
    doddy178 Posts: 66
    This months edition is very good. A+ for the procycling guys, now let's keep it up.

But the power issue was awful
  • Ms Tree wrote:
    IMHO I prefer Procycling so I hope it keeps up the good work now that Peter Cossins has left. I get t'other one as well but that definitely is a Lancelovefest. At PC they aren't always banging on about doping endlessly. What I always enjoy are: Fab4 as it gives you riders to look out for during the season - this year's lot have done v well - Hautorovic, T Martin etc and I like the columnists - Frank and Dan as you get a view from the peloton and - of course - the sartorial and carismatic Gianni Savio.
    :lol:

I've been meaning to put it up here for ages, but i got an ace pic with Savio at the Tour in Bourg st. Maurice. He seemed dead chuffed that someone recognised him!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    I thought I saw him walk behind one of the Eurosport interviews but it's all a blur now so I can't remember the stage!
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    mercsport wrote:
    ProCycling ? Yes , I remember that magazine . I seem to recollect that I preferred it to Cycle Sport too .

I haven't worked it out yet , but I've saved a shedload of loot since Lance resumed his dominance of the printed cycle media . Was it about this time last year ? I forget . However , I don't buy the rags now , and it's been quite cathartic in an odd sort of way . I would imagine Lance might find it cleansing also to 'fess-up should he ever discover the 'conscience' that Greg famously declared he doesn't possess . :roll:

Much the same here but never had a subsciption, but if I like what they have then I pay for it .However since they use plastic covers and I can't see anything then as I don't buy unknown products then they don't get my business. A picture of armstrong is a complete switch off.
    The Best Monthly Cycling Magazine was The SPORTING CYCLIST in black and white and a lot of history they print now was first published in that Mag.

The other mob CS were given up when they did a "Top 50 All Time Greats" and included Boardman.
    There's no answer to that one and shows how little they know.
    Lucky for me along came the Internet.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • secretsqirrel
    secretsqirrel Posts: 2,042
    alanmcn1 wrote:
    Right, since it was mentioned that more old posters should return and start some threads............

has anyone read the latest proCycling yet? I thought some of Dan Friebe's reporting on the Tour was excellent, and very eye-opening (beware, I really don't want this to turn into an LA thread). Some the claimed treatment given to Contador shows exactly why he attacked Kloden.
    In my opinion well done ProCycling........

Where I might agree Contador was not treated with respect by JB & LA . I don't buy that Contador did go out to attack Kloden.
    The magazine does not mention the post race interview with AC, and his regret at leaving his team mate behind. Neither does it mention Contador waiting for AK. Or that there was evidence of a rift between AC & AK.
    And unless Kloden speaks, we will never know if he was offended by the 'attack'. Why should he? He was not able to go with AC anyway.
    The incident is worthy of analysis, but maybe Pro-Cycling need to dig a bit deeper?
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    I thought Friebe's article was good. But now I want to read the Kimmage article which couldn't be printed!
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Arkibal
    Arkibal Posts: 850
    iainf72 wrote:
    I thought Friebe's article was good. But now I want to read the Kimmage article which couldn't be printed!

Can you give a short summary for those of us not able to get the magazine
  • alanmcn1
    alanmcn1 Posts: 531
    iainf72 wrote:

I got so frustrated at that.................do you think Kimmage could post it online somewhere..........maybe twitter.... :twisted:
    Robert Millar for knighthood