Who did better in this Tour De France - Cav or Brad

2»

Comments

• ejayAD
    ejayAD Posts: 16
    I think Cav's achievement was better, its more of an achievent to win six stages and be the best sprinter in the bunch by a mile instead of coming 4th in the GC, but in terms of their own performances Wiggins did better as no one expected him to climb so well and he had to really fight for it, whereas Cavendish's wins were almost easy.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I think my achievement of watching the whole of the second week and managing to stay awake was pretty astounding.
  • Garz
    Garz Posts: 1,155
    You was at home all week Nap?
  • love2ride
    love2ride Posts: 224
    cav broke a record, wiggo equaled one. Wiggo is a much better personality.
  • hotspur
    hotspur Posts: 92
    It's tough to say that one is better than the other, but Cavendish dominated in his field so I have to vote for him.

Wiggins was awesome to get 4th, but I think he can improve, this is another reason why I went for Cav. Cav was pretty much perfect.
    If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail.

Follow Darts? Follow the Modus Darts team

http://www.modusdartsforum.com
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Garz wrote:
    You was at home all week Nap?

It fitted in with my shifts. Unfortunately. What a bore fest.
  • cav-rode for pride in the chemps elysees--even when he was ruled out in a stag,, he still was comitted to win..
    and his goal was reached--win the last stage

brad did fantastic aswell i was astonished at his high place beating the likes of andreas, and andy
    My father's name was Antonio Andolini... and this is for you.
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    I agree its a stupid question but they both did very well.
    You would not ask who did best out of Paula Radcliffe and Dwain Chambers in athletics so why compare two cyclists in different classes?
  • love2ride
    I agree its a stupid question but they both did very well.
    You would not ask who did best out of Paula Radcliffe and Dwain Chambers in athletics so why compare two cyclists in different classes?

Technically, paula radcliffe and dwain chambers didn't both race in the sam event, where as cav and wiggo both were in the tour de france. theres no seperat category keeping them from being compared.
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    love2ride wrote:

Technically, paula radcliffe and dwain chambers didn't both race in the sam event, where as cav and wiggo both were in the tour de france. theres no seperat category keeping them from being compared.

Yes there is. The TdF has many categories within the event. Like I said before, Cav was in contention for the sprints, Wiggins was in contention for the GC...
  • love2ride
    softlad wrote:
    love2ride wrote:

Yes there is. The TdF has many categories within the event. Like I said before, Cav was in contention for the sprints, Wiggins was in contention for the GC...

There is but they can contend in more than one of the categories and you dont have to specify which one. where as dwain chambers and paula radcliffe enter different races and aren't even of the same sex.
  • softlad
    love2ride wrote:
    There is but they can contend in more than one of the categories and you dont have to specify which one.

nobody is sayiing that. But the fact still remains that Cav was going for the sprints, while Wiggins was going for GC....

Which brings us back to the original point - that the two performances are not comparable...
  • love2ride
    softlad wrote:
    Which brings us back to the original point - that the two performances are not comparable...

There is a difference between comparing the performances and coming to a 'correct' conclusion. You can compare them by saying that Cav is a better sprinter however, wiggins is a better all round contender and climber. Your conclusion is then based on which team, rider personality or aspect of cycling you prefer.
  • softlad
    love2ride wrote:
    softlad wrote:

There is a difference between comparing the performances and coming to a 'correct' conclusion. You can compare them by saying that Cav is a better sprinter however, wiggins is a better all round contender and climber. Your conclusion is then based on which team, rider personality or aspect of cycling you prefer.

but if you remember, the original question was 'who did better?' - not 'who is your favourite?'...
  • love2ride
    softlad wrote:
    love2ride wrote:
    softlad wrote:

but if you remember, the original question was 'who did better?' - not 'who is your favourite?'...

Exactly, but because 'who did better' is opinion(there is no correct answer) it is based on what you like. If it isn't, everyone is given the same facts and yet there are a wide range of different answers. If it is opinion then it is based on what people like.
  • Belv
    Belv Posts: 866
    I enjoyed the sprint competition immensely: Cav's six wins and Thor climbing a mountain solo to prove he deserved the green jersey - superb. Cav did what he went to do.

Brad was stunning. No-one foresaw his performance, i doubt even him. He was never going to win and as the race neared its end it became clear that he was giving it everything he had to stay with the leaders in the mountains. Can't do more than that.

Voted for Wiggins.