piles, a pain in the ....

2»

Comments

• Thermo1
    Thermo1 Posts: 75
    gcwebbyuk wrote:
    Thermo1 wrote:
    Most embarrassing moment: standing naked from the waist down in a surgery having my bollocks fondled by a 20-something *female* locum. A low point and a high point all in one. :D

And you got that on the NHS!!! Some people pay for that service :lol:

Nope, I live in NZ so I had to pay for it too.
  • Thermo1
    Thermo1 Posts: 75
    gcwebbyuk wrote:
    Go book an appointment 8)

Only way to be sure.... unless you want to post pic :shock: :shock: :shock:

OH HELL NO!
  • Dirtydog11
    Dirtydog11 Posts: 1,621
    i am really embarrassed to ask,but i suffer with piles,and it's really getting me down.i am too embarrassed to go to the doctors,or ask for any ointment at the pharmacy.please can anyone give me any advice on curing them,as it is affecting me riding my mountainbike,as well as my self esteem!!!thank you for your time!!! :oops:

Been there, had it, done it. Got the T shirt.

They sound like 2nd degree piles (they retract back inside once you have relived yourself).

You may need suppositorys.

If you don't go and get them sorted they may end up thrombosed which means the blood in them will clot. I've heard the pain described as exquisite :shock: . If they get to this point you will be going the doctors anyway. Better to go now than later.

You may need a doctors prescription in order to get the drugs you require. Over the counter products don't always work.

Forget the embarrassment nearly everyone gets them at some time in their lives (Note there's been 650+ views of this post), they're very common in pregnant women.

Go see the Doctor thats what he gets paid for!

Have a look here for more info http://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/html ... hoids.html
  • racefaceec90
    racefaceec90 Posts: 120
    Dirtydog11
    thanks very much for that information and link.the doc it is then!!!
  • mottles
    mottles Posts: 203
    Ive not read the whole of this thread but All I can say is reiterating what other peeps have said.. go and see the doctor. As much as you will be embarresed I guarentee they wont be.. its nothing they havent seen before.

For a treatment you can buy over the counter try Preparation H.. great for new tattoos and piles! If you worried about picking it up.. either send someone who doesnt know what it is or order it via an online chemist.

f you ignore it it will only get worse
    Specialized Pitch Comp - Mr Glass' Monster
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 3#16136203