Where now for contador?

2»

Comments

• Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    And this is Lance's bike...I wont comment as there are some sensitive people on this forum who object to my thoughts about his bikes, yet I think everyone can see for themselves:

8318d26fd8cfdf76cd163352c8db92ec-getty-88232182rm038_tour_de_franc.jpg

Loved this scheme thought it looks the dogs.
  • dulldave
    dulldave Posts: 949
    Harry Hill wrote:
    Johan and Alberto get on just fine, and AC has done very well under him. I think everyone csn see the LA has been the fly in the ointment

ahem

http://twitter.com/terrywawest/status/2876481968
    http://twitter.com/johanbruyneel/status/2879068920
    http://twitter.com/johanbruyneel/status/2885798674
    Scottish and British...and a bit French
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    LOL; Paul Sherwen has posted a couple of Proverbs today (as he usually does):
    African proverb which might be apt today: By the time the fool has learned the game, the players have dispersed
    African Proverb: what about this one from Sierra Leone: Do not tell the man who is carrying you that he stinks

Someone must have taken offense or questioned the motive behind them. Not even an hour after these:
    Proverbs are not targeting anyone-used to guide one along the path of life- & are interprtated by reader- if anyone is upset i apologise
  • bipedal
    bipedal Posts: 466
    Sherwen is such a "me too!" putz
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    And this is Lance's bike...I wont comment as there are some sensitive people on this forum who object to my thoughts about his bikes, yet I think everyone can see for themselves:

What an ugly piece of crap
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Gazzaputt wrote:

I'm with red. Waaaaaay too much. Then again I'm 60 and what could I know? My wife has even told me that my yellow rims are too much. I thought they looked pretty good, you know, blue bike, chromed fork, yellow tape, yellow wheels. I thought I was "with it". Oh well. Lance must think the same way. :wink::wink:
  • fto-si
    fto-si Posts: 402
    IanLD wrote:
    Don't think Alonso will have so much time for a team if he takes Massa's place at Ferrari for the rest of the season. Seems to be on the cards given Renault's ban from the Valencia grand prix.

There's more chance of Bernie Ecclestone winning the 2010 TDF than the Alonso replacing Massa for the last races of 2009.
    exercise.png
  • AndyRubio
    AndyRubio Posts: 880

Yeah - the bike's quite nice though.
  • bipedal
    dragging this thread back on topic...

Velonews posit that both Garmin and CdE would both need to bring major co-sponsors onboard to afford Bertie. Chances of that would seem higher for Garmin given CdE problems with Valverde and repeated sponsor threats to pull the plug if there's a sniff of trouble... but maybe JV can persuade his taco sugar daddy to auction off some of the family silver?
  • rockmount
    rockmount Posts: 761
    bipedal wrote:
    dragging this thread back on topic...

Velonews posit that both Garmin and CdE would both need to bring major co-sponsors onboard to afford Bertie. Chances of that would seem higher for Garmin given CdE problems with Valverde and repeated sponsor threats to pull the plug if there's a sniff of trouble... but maybe JV can persuade his taco sugar daddy to auction off some of the family silver?
    I was under the impression he doesn't need a team ??
    .. who said that, internet forum people ?
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    Contador's not going to an English speaking team. The last one made him paranoid and he wants to be in a secure environment with people he trusts.
  • rockmount
    Contador's not going to an English speaking team. The last one made him paranoid and he wants to be in a secure environment with people he trusts.
    See previous post :wink:
  • GeorgeShaw
    GeorgeShaw Posts: 764
    It's amazing how the Lance fanboys have become Contador haters. :wink:
  • rockmount
    GeorgeShaw wrote:
    :?:
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960

Admittedly Lance rides the ugliest (painted) bikes going.*

But they are all auctioned off for charity. Instead of sitting in the garage like most other riders' bikes. And it's not like he designs them himself (although I'm sure this will now spark a heated debate over who is the better designer between AC and LA).

**I ride a Trek (and a Specialized) so happen to think the BIKE itself rocks.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    GeorgeShaw wrote:

Good observation.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    Were there any good looking bikes this year though? Trek was one of the better ones. Esoecially liked his yellowy one on the last day
    I liked the Orbea of Euskatel and the Lapierre of FdJ best but both had Shimano, so if I had to pick one to have myself, it'd probably be Lampre's Wiler, which had Campa.

Actually 9 of the bike makes had Campa - so much for Shimano (which 7 makes had, the other 4 having Sram).
    Columbia had the dearest, their Scotts estimated at 15,000 Euro! By contrast, 2-3 teams had bikes worth (only) about 6500 Euro.
    All weighed within 200-300 grams one side or other of 7 kg.
  • bipedal
    Contador and Armstrong will part ways next season. Armstrong announced the formation of new team RadioShack for next season during the Tour. The team will likely to draw a number of key riders from Astana, but Contador will likely move to another team.

"I am not only looking at the salary, but also the sporting aspect," said Contador.

"Staying with Astana is no longer likely. Creating a new Spanish team would be ideal and I have also spoken about this with Zapatero."

Contador won the Tour de France twice, 2009 and 2007. He missed the 2008 edition, but he raced and won the two other Grand Tours: the Giro d'Italia and Vuelta a España.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contado ... e-minister
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    rockmount wrote:
    GeorgeShaw wrote:

C'mon, rockmount. You know it's true. Someone said it on the Internet. Everyboby knows that. Geeeeeeeeeez
  • leguape
    leguape Posts: 986
    Contador to Caisse D'Epargne, who will be replaced by the Santander-backed Alonso setup at the end of next season as headline sponsors would seem to be the preferred course of action for all involved.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    So Contador turned down €4m per year offer from Astana.

The offer may not have been real but I think the turning it down indicates his intention.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • GeorgeShaw
    GeorgeShaw Posts: 764
    dennisn wrote:
    rockmount wrote:
    GeorgeShaw wrote:

C'mon, rockmount. You know it's true. Someone said it on the Internet. Everyboby knows that. Geeeeeeeeeez

Well Dennis, all I'm doing is observing what I'm reading in this and other forums. There are a large number of posters who appear to think that Lance is a saint and can do no wrong. A large number of these posters (aka fanboys) have picked up on the idea that Lance was somehow betrayed by Contador at Arcalis. Subsequently we've seen that develop into a theory that Contador is somehow "tactically naive" and "not a team player". Psychologically they seem to be transferring their Lance-love into Contador-betrayal.

And I'm not a Contador fanboy. I have my doubts about whether he is riding clean. But I don't doubt his ability or (in this instance) his tactics.
  • Stuey01
    Stuey01 Posts: 1,273
    I tend to think the Lance "fanboys" and even moderates have been driven to adopting that perspective on here by the extreme anti-Lance and pro-Contador vitriol espoused by the likes of FrenchFighter.

I don't really give a toss about either one.

Yet again this thread has turned into Lance vs Contador. Lance was hardly even mentioned til FrenchFighter posted up his bike with a snide remark.

Frankly, it's boring.
    Not climber, not sprinter, not rouleur
  • jamlala
    jamlala Posts: 284
    There is more to cycling than LA v AC isn't there? Isn't there?

Oh God, maybe not.......
    Cannondale Supersix 105 2013- summer bike - love it!
    Cannondale CAAD12 - racing fun!
    Trek Crockett 5 - CX bike, muddy fun!
    Scott Scale 940 MTB XC racer.
    __@    
    _`\<,_   
    ---- (*)/ (*)
  • Stuey01
    Stuey01 Posts: 1,273
    JamLala wrote:
    There is more to cycling than LA v AC isn't there? Isn't there?

Oh God, maybe not.......

I heard there's a new British team starting up...
    Not climber, not sprinter, not rouleur
  • jamlala
    jamlala Posts: 284
    Dave Brailsford was on 5 Live yesterday afternoon, but said no more other than they have about 18 riders signed up already, and that Cav and Wiggo were targets for TS to aim for.
    Cannondale Supersix 105 2013- summer bike - love it!
    Cannondale CAAD12 - racing fun!
    Trek Crockett 5 - CX bike, muddy fun!
    Scott Scale 940 MTB XC racer.
    __@    
    _`\<,_   
    ---- (*)/ (*)