Recommend me a coach

wjws
wjws Posts: 140
Hi - I'm looking for a coach to formulate a training programme for me; my goals are as follows:

1. Next years Etape
2. Ride a sub 1 hour 25m tt in 2010
3. To be more competitive in Cat 4 Circuit races and accumulate some points!

Currently I commute 30 mins each way, and get to ride one day at the weekend (family!) - either laps of Richmond Park with the Dynamos (35 miles total) or a Surrey Hills ride (60 odd miles). I have done one 25 mile tt with no specific training on a road bike with clip-ons in 1.08. And have managed top 20s in Cat 4 circuit races, but not yet a top 10.

Any recommendations out there?

Cheers,
Will

Comments

• Join a local cycling club and go out on club runs, but make sure they are a racing club. Also find out if they do chain gangs. This will increase you speed no end.
  • guv001
    guv001 Posts: 688
    Try Lee from

http://www.performancecyclecoaching.com/

I used him last year.
  • simon t
    simon t Posts: 132
    John Morgan, cycling coach
  • jimycooper
    jimycooper Posts: 740
    guv001 wrote:
    Try Lee from

http://www.performancecyclecoaching.com/

I used him last year.

Lee is a brilliant coach! if you are serious about your goals talk to him.

and yes im biased, hes a good mate too...
  • Floodcp
    Floodcp Posts: 190
    Dave Lloyd Coaching
  • Hi Will,

Check out my website www.markjohnson-coaching.co.uk

I recommend watching the videos on my website especially "The Dirt Facts" & "Food Matters"

To get results your total physiological load must be assessed as well as numerous muscular/posture tests - Unless these are done your training plan would be nothing short of a guess & at best get limited results & more than likely show a negative long term effect.

Nutrition - Lifestyle - Movement & Recovery all need to be taken in to account as well as setting realistic goals.

You'll also notice I offer a money back guarantee if you do not see improvements to your health & well-being by following my advice to the word I will refund all of your money - not many coaches offer this, I know for sure my methods work as I live by them.

Kind regards

Mark Johnson
    C.H.E.K. HLC & PT

www.markjohnson-coaching.co.uk
  • danseur
    danseur Posts: 70
    Hi Will,

Have you thought about Rich Simmonds? Lots of the Dynamos, especially the pointyhat brigade swear by him.

You can find him through the Dynamo site. He posts as Dickyboy, or ask around on a Saturday morning.

Matt