Well done Thor - SPOILER

2»

Comments

• daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Cav has been chasing the glory wins.

Thor has been chasing points.

Who has the best tactics will be decided on the podium in Paris.
    What would you rather have, a few glory days with win bonuses, or the green jersey?

PS:- Cav's own original objective was just to get to Paris this year with anything else a bonus. Success so far, but his head was turned with a few stage wins. He will have learned a lot from this tour. Next year he will be wiser, and better. He may even compete in a few intermediates :shock:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    daviesee wrote:
    What would you rather have, a few glory days with win bonuses, or the green jersey?
    :

If I was a sprinter -multiple stage wins every time. That's their bread and butter. Look at Cipollini, turned up, bagged a few stages, showed he was the best, then went on holiday. Robbie McEwen never chased the jersey (until the last day).
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    RichN95 wrote:
    daviesee wrote:
    :

If I was a sprinter -multiple stage wins every time. That's their bread and butter. Look at Cipollini, turned up, bagged a few stages, showed he was the best, then went on holiday. Robbie McEwen never chased the jersey (until the last day).

In my eyes you have to make it to Paris to be considered a great and get my respect as I have never liked part timers.

But, what's that worth :oops:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    :cry:
    Thor = Whiney little girl. He knew where the lead out for HTC was and yet rode into that line area, then whined when he was in a position that was boxed in. Good gamesmanship maybe with a more thorough understanding of how to get Cav DQ'd through the rules but nah not impressed with him at all. He knows in a sprint he can't beat Cav so he resorted to gamesmanship.

Plus I can't believe you would rather have non UK holder of the green jersey.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • symo wrote:
    I can't believe you would rather have non UK holder of the green jersey.
    So, blind nationalism isn't dead!
  • avalon
    avalon Posts: 345
    symo wrote:
    Thor = Whiney little girl. He knew where the lead out for HTC was and yet rode into that line area, then whined when he was in a position that was boxed in. Good gamesmanship maybe with a more thorough understanding of how to get Cav DQ'd through the rules but nah not impressed with him at all. He knows in a sprint he can't beat Cav so he resorted to gamesmanship.

You wouldn't say that to his face.
    You could email him with your scarey little avatar though. That would put the sh1ts up him.
  • paulcuthbert
    paulcuthbert Posts: 1,016
    aurelio wrote:
    A point about Cav and Besancon...

Doesn't Zabel go and recon all the finishes for Cav and relay information about the sprint section? So could he have noticed that the barriers came in and told Cav where to go to not give Thor a chance to get by- without it looking like he intentionally boxed him in?
    A rather contradictory post!

could he have...told Cav where to go to not give Thor a chance to get by...

If he did than his blocking move would not only have been deliberate, but pre-meditated!

As Robbie McEwen has also said, what did for Cavendish was that he looked back to his right at Hushovd immediately before starting his blocking move.

No it isn't. What i mean is, he would have kept his line and won the sprint (which he did), without it looking like he had boxed Hushovd in. Hushovd's complaint was probably what made the officials look at the replay- he had his hand up at the end and was complaining to Cavendish
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    avalon wrote:
    symo wrote:

You could email him with your scarey little avatar though. That would put the sh1ts up him.

LOL yeah tour rider v 14stone bloke that'll go ne way I am sure. The avatar is from Doom, because I like it.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    symo wrote:
    avalon wrote:

LOL yeah tour rider v 14stone bloke that'll go ne way I am sure. The avatar is from Doom, because I like it.

I believe Hushovd is about 13.5 stone. And I'd guess that a very large % of that is muscle. I would also imagine that he has a fairly high pain threshold, and can move pretty quickly.

So all in all, not 100% sure that Hushovd would be such a pushover in a fight.