ITV4 is really weird..

2»

Comments

• pedylan
    pedylan Posts: 768
    NapoleonD wrote:
    potssteve,

mate, have you ever been injured at work and it wasn't your fault?

Furthermore, would you like to consolidate your debts into one easy to manage monthly payment?

No?

Me neither and I'm fed up to the back bloody teeth of being asked by the telly !

I doubt very much if pottssteve has time to apply for injury related compensation or to restructure his debts what with all the time he has to devote to baiting other forum members (well one forum member!). :wink:
    Where the neon madmen climb
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    Hi Napolean,

I've never been injured at work and I don't have any debts to repay (well, not the financial kind......)

However, I notice you spelled my name incorrectly and so I am about to contact my solicitors (Hangem, Floggem and Burnem) in order to sue you for the mental distress caused.

pedylan,
    I have no idea what you mean.... :wink:

He's still not told me if he's working at Macky-D's.
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    My life is all poo and crisps now.

Surely this deserves some kind of 'quote of the month' trophy? Not quite so good as an epitaph, though....

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • DavidBelcher
    NapoleonD wrote:
    potssteve,

Furthermore, would you like to consolidate your debts into one easy to manage monthly payment?

No?

Me neither and I'm fed up to the back bloody teeth of being asked by the telly !

Yes, but are you paying too much for your car insurance? :wink:

David
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    NapoleonD wrote:
    potssteve,

No?

David

Are you aware of why Mums go to Iceland?
  • DavidBelcher
    NapoleonD wrote:
    potssteve,

No?

David

Are you aware of why Mums go to Iceland?

In the case of one of the Z-list celebs formerly in their ads, probably 'cause they're too plastered to cook anything more challenging than a microwaveable frozen lasagne? :wink:

David
  • DavidBelcher
    pottssteve wrote:
    mmitchell,

Are you related to the "That Mitchell and Webb Look" Mitchell, by the way?

Is it just me or is this a recurring question? I think we need a definite answer for once and for all, then we can consider the matter closed, rotate the board, and move on to the Wordwangerator....oh heck, I've done it again.

David
  • Angus444
    Angus444 Posts: 141
    pedylan wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:
    potssteve,

No?

I doubt very much if pottssteve has time to apply for injury related compensation or to restructure his debts what with all the time he has to devote to baiting other forum members (well one forum member!). :wink:

All joking aside, folks, I know a bloke who owns a small joinery firm. One of his experienced machinemen removed a guard, and took a finger off. On his return to work, he signed the accident book to say it was his fault, the HSE did their inspection, and that was that.

Four weeks later, my mate gets a letter from one of these 'no win, no fee' firms, and long story short, his insurance company advised hom to pay the tw*t £23,000 for being daft enough to take his own finger off. They reckoned it was cheaper than embarking on a long, protracted 'he did this, no i never' correspondence, involving lawyers, insurers, etc......my mate stumped (no pun intended) up, then paid the tw*t off due to a lack of work 2 months later.........
  • zedders
    zedders Posts: 509
    Angus444 wrote:
    pedylan wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:
    potssteve,

No?

All joking aside, folks, I know a bloke who owns a small joinery firm. One of his experienced machinemen removed a guard, and took a finger off. On his return to work, he signed the accident book to say it was his fault, the HSE did their inspection, and that was that.

Four weeks later, my mate gets a letter from one of these 'no win, no fee' firms, and long story short, his insurance company advised hom to pay the tw*t £23,000 for being daft enough to take his own finger off. They reckoned it was cheaper than embarking on a long, protracted 'he did this, no i never' correspondence, involving lawyers, insurers, etc......my mate stumped (no pun intended) up, then paid the tw*t off due to a lack of work 2 months later.........
    Bet there was a lot of finger pointing going on!
    "I spend my petrol money on Bikes, Beer, Pizza, and Donuts "

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38256268@N04/3517156549/
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    Four weeks later, my mate gets a letter from one of these 'no win, no fee' firms, and long story short, his insurance company advised hom to pay the tw*t £23,000 for being daft enough to take his own finger off. They reckoned it was cheaper than embarking on a long, protracted 'he did this, no i never' correspondence, involving lawyers, insurers, etc......
    I wonder if that insurance company was possibly also the one that would have had to pay out on behalf of the ambulance chasers had they in fact lost the case? Cunning... :)
  • Angus444
    Angus444 Posts: 141
    Four weeks later, my mate gets a letter from one of these 'no win, no fee' firms, and long story short, his insurance company advised hom to pay the tw*t £23,000 for being daft enough to take his own finger off. They reckoned it was cheaper than embarking on a long, protracted 'he did this, no i never' correspondence, involving lawyers, insurers, etc......
    I wonder if that insurance company was possibly also the one that would have had to pay out on behalf of the ambulance chasers had they in fact lost the case? Cunning... :)

Ah ha! Didn't think about that, Commentateur! :D
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    boz64 wrote:
    pottssteve wrote:
    And what's with the advert for becoming a driving instructor; are you telling me they only earn 30k a year...?

Dude, plenty of people in the UK earn 30k or less!!

The average UK wage is less than £30k. I think it only goes over 30 in London....
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.