Who would disappoint you most if they tested positive?

Comments

• Bakunin
    Bakunin Posts: 868
    aurelio wrote:
    Bakunin wrote:
    Lance.
    Why, because this would show that his doctors had failed in their job or because it showed that the cosy relationship between the UCI and Armstrong /Astana was over?

Sarcasm is a form of humor that uses sharp, cutting remarks or language intended to mock, wound, or subject to contempt or ridicule.

Lighten up, Francis.
  • defo haussler. i really like that guy....
    also sastre, wiggins, millar and most uk riders.
  • AO1504
    AO1504 Posts: 57
    Armstrong, Hincapie, Van deVelde, Millar, McEwan
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    Cancellara, Lance, Levi, Andy Schleck, Robbie McEwen, Cavendish, VandeVelde, Taylor Phinney, Zabriskie
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Roche or Dan Martin would kill me. Also Wiggins and Evans would mean I would lose what little faith I have in the sport.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Reading this thread does make me think some people are likely to suffer crushing disappointment at some stage.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Dodger747
    Dodger747 Posts: 305
    Thomas Voeckler - his defense of the jersey in 2004 was epic and I'd like to think it was just through sheer determinism that helped him keep it.

I'd echo some of the others, Cancellara, Voigt,

But probably Armstrong most of all [not only because I actually like him] but if he was caught it would kill sponsorship in cycling for years to come...
    VO2 Max - 79 ml/kg/min
    W/kg - 4.9
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Any French rider on a French team and a French license.

Strava is not Zen.
  • Dodger747 wrote:
    ...probably Armstrong most of all [not only because I actually like him] but if he was caught it would kill sponsorship in cycling for years to come...
    I don't think that is really the case. There has been ample evidence around for years that his previous Tour 'wins' were achieved through the use of Epo and blood doping, and few people, from fans to sponsors, seem to be all that bothered!
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    Any of the high profile British riders.

It would kill the sport stone dead in this country as far as media interest went.
  • deal
    deal Posts: 857
    1. Millar.
    2. Another Garmin rider.
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    I read that as "another German rider". :)
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    iainf72 wrote:
    Reading this thread does make me think some people are likely to suffer crushing disappointment at some stage.

My thoughts too....
  • deal
    I read that as "another German rider". :)

that would be pretty dissapointing also considering the damage that has been done to cycling in Germany
  • k2rider
    k2rider Posts: 575
    i was gutted when Millar was caught cos i thought he was the best brit for a long time and even paid up to be a member of his fan club!! so i hope it doesnt happen again. id be gutted if wiggins, cav, cummings, wegalius,ben swift or any of the other pro tour team brits were using, of the johnny foreigners id go with lance, evans, hincapie,impey, robbie mac and levi.
    who cares?
  • Tim Farr
    Tim Farr Posts: 665
    Bradley Wiggins
    T Farr
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Any British rider.

Any Garmin rider.

And a British Garmin rider would be a catastrophe.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    I ain't trying to stir anything up or imply negative, but given the number of people who have said "Bradley Wiggins", I thought it was interesting to see him sending a message of support to Iljo Keisse on Twitter today. "Saw my old track mate Iljo Keisse at the finish, keep your chin up mate".

Kinda contrasts to his previously forthright view on anti-doping, doesn't it? He threatened to punch Cristian Moreni's lights out IIRC.
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    I'd be disappointed if I tested positive. I don't take any drugs! I'd be gutted!
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • mmitchell88
    mmitchell88 Posts: 340
    teagar wrote:
    I'd be disappointed if I tested positive. I don't take any drugs! I'd be gutted!

:lol:

Excellent work on creating an alibi - keep it up!!
    Making a cup of coffee is like making love to a beautiful woman. It's got to be hot. You've got to take your time. You've got to stir... gently and firmly. You've got to grind your beans until they squeak.
    And then you put in the milk.
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    Nicole.

Papa?

Wiggo would definitely upset me if he was caught, or Victoria Pendleton.
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    teagar wrote:

:lol:

Excellent work on creating an alibi - keep it up!!

Where's my lawyer? 8) :wink:
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • Ratkilla
    Ratkilla Posts: 230
    Don't really think that it matters anymore to be honest. The TDF is nothing more than a travelling show for big business. There will be no high profile dopers caught this year as the unholy alliance of Prudhomme and McQuaid will see to that.
    Snake Oil salesmen par excellence to a man.
    Expect maybe a domestique or two from one of the smaller teams at the most.
    One more scandal on the scale of Vinoukorov, for example, would finish pro cycling forever.

A cynic is only a disappointed romantic.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    afx237vi wrote:
    I ain't trying to stir anything up or imply negative, but given the number of people who have said "Bradley Wiggins", I thought it was interesting to see him sending a message of support to Iljo Keisse on Twitter today. "Saw my old track mate Iljo Keisse at the finish, keep your chin up mate".

Kinda contrasts to his previously forthright view on anti-doping, doesn't it? He threatened to punch Cristian Moreni's lights out IIRC.

Having done a little googling, it seems that Keisse's case isn't very clear cut, and won't be decided until October, ten months after the offence. Maybe Brad has faith in him.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • pmac1893
    pmac1893 Posts: 75
    jens voigt most definitely, or bert contador
  • AndyRubio
    AndyRubio Posts: 880
    edited July 2009
    My answer has to be "me"

I'd be shocked because I've never knowingly taken any PEDs, and so I'd question the testing methodologies as well as the motivation of the testers. I'd be bitterly disappointed too because I keep getting shitty results... but it might explain this throat and chest virus that's had me on the sofa since March.

Also Voigt.

(I actually get a strange thrill when high profile cyclists get caught, and a bit disappointed when the headlines announce pro cyclists being caught and they turn out to be unknowns or people who've been done before.)

Night all.
  • nick hanson
    nick hanson Posts: 1,655
    Millar,Cav,Wiggo
    How anyone would believe the schleck brothers is beyond me,seeing as one of them actually transfered a good few grand to a shifty 'doctors' bank account...for "advice".
    But thought better of it when their father found out & told them to stay clear.
    so many cols,so little time!
  • mgcycleguy
    mgcycleguy Posts: 292
    ..are pork scratchings a PED ?... if so... I'm very very sorry all those who believed in me :(
  • deal
    mgcycleguy wrote:
    ..are pork scratchings a PED ?... if so... I'm very very sorry all those who believed in me :(

in or out of competition ?
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    edited July 2009
    You should have stuck to Frazzles, they're undetectable yet you can still taste them at the end of the day, the snack that keeps on giving :)
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"