Who would disappoint you most if they tested positive?

RichN95.
RichN95. Posts: 27,241
edited July 2009 in Pro race
All sorts of riders test positive for drugs. The one I was most disappointed by was Tyler Hamilton (more than Millar). I really liked him.

So who would really disappoint you now? For me the top four would be (not that I think they will):

Cavendish and Wiggins (because they're British and doing well)
Jens Voigt (because I just really like him)
Cadel Evans (because for the last four years I've seen him as proof that clean riders can compete)
Twitter: @RichN95

Comments

• Bakunin
    Bakunin Posts: 868
    Lance.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Nicole.

I think you're 110% OK on that one.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • If Jens Voigt tested positive, I'd give up on cycling.
  • The Pope.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Voigt
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,874
    If Jens Voigt tested positive, I'd give up on cycling.

i wouldn't be shocked...it would be bad and sad thou
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    currently

wiggins
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • akcc05
    akcc05 Posts: 336
    What about stage winner Brice Feillu? He did make Prudhomme cry afterall.
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    Another vote for wiggo.
  • If Jens Voigt tested positive, I'd give up on cycling.

i wouldn't be shocked...it would be bad and sad thou
    I am a huge fan of Voigt but I recall reference on this forum somewhere to comments he has made in the past which would lead you to conclude he has partaken....

that said - i would be absolutely gutted if he got got.
  • Current TDF riders, Lance and Cancellara

Overall, Chris Hoy or Vicky Pendleton
  • grandad3
    grandad3 Posts: 322
    Voigt, would be hurt if he was doping and wiggins and contador
    'Collapse the Light into Earth'
  • starseven
    starseven Posts: 112
    Lance, Hoy, any UK Olympian, Wiggins, Cavandish, any UK, any other big name, any other. In that order.
  • starseven
    Lance, Hoy, any UK Olympian, Wiggins, Cavandish, any UK, any other big name, any other. In that order.
  • starseven
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    David Millar - he's been caught once and one would hope he'd know not to make the same mistake twice (is the mistake doping or getting caught though?)

Cancellara too, he's one of my favourite riders.

It wouldn't surprise me though if anyone got caught.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • liversedge
    liversedge Posts: 1,003
    Cav
    --
    Obsessed is just a word elephants use to describe the dedicated. http://markliversedge.blogspot.com
  • Steve Tcp
    Steve Tcp Posts: 7,350
    Millar, Gilbert and Moncoutie for me. I like Voigt and Cancellara but they've spent a long time riding for Bjarne Riis and ...................................ah, why bother, let's just say there's riders that I believe to be clean (head and heart decision) and riders that I hope are/ wish to be clean (heart rather than head).
    Take care,

Steve.
  • gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    a bit like red - Millar would be a major disapointment - not just cos he has been caught before, but would make a mockery of the anti-doping preaching he gave out on his return.

also - fab cancellara would be a disapointment.

Cav not so much - I'm sick of his tantrums anyway (oh hang on - thats another thread..)
  • Bakunin wrote:
    Lance.
    Why, because this would show that his doctors had failed in their job or because it showed that the cosy relationship between the UCI and Armstrong /Astana was over?
  • Adieu
    Adieu Posts: 83
    Cav and the Schlek Brothers.
  • akcc05
    akcc05 Posts: 336
    Steve Tcp wrote:
    Millar, Gilbert and Moncoutie for me. I like Voigt and Cancellara but they've spent a long time riding for Bjarne Riis and ...................................ah, why bother, let's just say there's riders that I believe to be clean (head and heart decision) and riders that I hope are/ wish to be clean (heart rather than head).

+1 on Moncoutie. Hope he wins again this year.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    I don't get disappointed when riders get caught anymore.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • mididoctors
    iainf72 wrote:

I guess that is where we are all heading....
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,812
    iainf72 wrote:

I thought about this a few weeks ago. I've grown up with cycling since 97 and the first Tour I followed was 98, so I think people getting caught is the norm, and it doesn;t really idsapoint me all that regularly.

Kohl did dissapoint me, because of the way he conducted himself during the Tour, it seemed genuine, and then to find out it wasn;t...

Same reason any of the Garmins would dissapoint me, because of the noises they're making
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,812
    iainf72 wrote:

I thought about this a few weeks ago. I've grown up with cycling since 97 and the first Tour I followed was 98, so I think people getting caught is the norm, and it doesn;t really idsapoint me all that regularly.

Kohl did dissapoint me, because of the way he conducted himself during the Tour, it seemed genuine, and then to find out it wasn;t...

Same reason any of the Garmins would dissapoint me, because of the noises they're making
  • bikerZA
    bikerZA Posts: 314
    Cavendish, Wiggens, Contador.
  • iainf72 wrote:

I hold a similar view. I just think they're all at it so forget about it and enjoy the racing.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    I'd be gutted if any of the british riders were caught, I know that's not a wholly clean sport but even still - if wiggins or cav were tested pos it would be a kicker....
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight