RPCC Ride - Sat 18th / Sun 19th July

2»

Comments

• simon johnson
    simon johnson Posts: 1,064
    And thanks from me also Bern; nice introduction to the southern side of town. I may be back for more next week......

:D
    Where\'s me jumper?
  • NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    Sounds like you all had a good time while i was stuck at work :cry:

However i did manage to get in a good workout today. Did did the London Bikeathon today and covered 52 miles in 3.22. Even managed to beat Alastair Campbell 8)

So still managed to get in 113km :D
  • jrduquemin
    jrduquemin Posts: 791
    Glad most of you managed to get out on the bikes over the weekend. I shall be out this coming weekend if there's a ride going. Will be nice to get out on the roadbike again :-)

riding my mountain bike was a completely different kettle of fish :-)
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • Berns12
    Berns12 Posts: 198
    And thanks from me also Bern; nice introduction to the southern side of town. I may be back for more next week......

:D

Apologies for the detour we had, and thanks for your help guys. Sorry we lost you Simon at the Ham gate turn off trust you made it back alright.

I am out the coming weekend as I will be in Paris to watch Cadel pull on the yellow jersey after making up a 4+ min deficit on the Ventoux the previous day. And yes the Australians will still win the second test at Lords. Pigs will also begin flying from Gatwick this afternoon.

Enjoy the ride this weekend and hopefully some of the regulars will be back.
  • jrduquemin
    In Paris for the last day? You lucky git :-)

Annoyingly, the campsite I was staying in in Andorra was on the Barcelone-Andorre Arcalis stage. On the final climb too!!! Argh!!! And I was back in the UK at the time... ARGH!!!

However, my mate stayed on and watched the riders come through, then slagged them off on Facebook... :evil:
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    jrduquemin wrote:
    Glad most of you managed to get out on the bikes over the weekend. I shall be out this coming weekend if there's a ride going. Will be nice to get out on the roadbike again :-)

When you gonna ditch that mtb and stick to proper cycling:-p I have to laugh at the amount of mtb I saw pulled over yesterday all with punctures. Seems they dont like roads but yet me and othes with our skinny tyres survived. Even with a 2 mile off road excursion. Although it was a little hair raising to say the least ;-)
  • urrrrrrrrrs
    urrrrrrrrrs Posts: 478
    Berns12 wrote:
    [. And yes the Australians will still win the second test at Lords. .

ahem :lol::lol::lol:

i believe your goodself and Wilf now owe me 10 of your finest english pounds :wink:

8th March 2010,Spain ,Here I come !!!!!!
  • jrduquemin
    NWLondoner wrote:
    jrduquemin wrote:

When you gonna ditch that mtb and stick to proper cycling:-p I have to laugh at the amount of mtb I saw pulled over yesterday all with punctures. Seems they dont like roads but yet me and othes with our skinny tyres survived. Even with a 2 mile off road excursion. Although it was a little hair raising to say the least ;-)

I won't be ditching any of my mountain bikes as I like riding them almost as much as I enjoy riding my road bike :-)

On the L2B I noticed a lot of MTBs also. Most of them were Argos/Halfrauds specials in serious need of some maintenance. Saying that though, most of the riders looked like they could have done with some maintenance too :-D
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66