2»

Comments

• colint
    colint Posts: 1,707
    colint wrote:
    FFS, stop being a knob and grow up
    :D:D:D:D

Very mature response colin. How adult of you. :D

Sorry wasn't the best, but when in Rome......
    Planet X N2A
    Trek Cobia 29er
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    Kleber makes an important point - Government's don't just suddenly find large sums of money to support trendy causes, they simply rebadge what was already earmarked.

I thought the myth that Armstrong was donating his appearance fees had been well and truly scotched - I seem to remember heated debate and defenses like 'well, he's got to lookl after his kids/got to eat/got to continue to maintain water guzzling properties and a Hollywood lifestyle'.

Sorry to be parochial, but when start to invest a significant amount in research and care and become a leading player in the UK cancer charity field then I'll reconsider my decision to donate to Macmillan and Cancer Research. both of whom have given my family & friends a great deal of information and support. Just personal preference but the Livestrong approach is most definitely geared for navigating the American healthcare system and advice and guidance tailor made for the UK worked better for us.
  • colint wrote:
    colint wrote:

i suppose I know my views on LA, and am unlikely to change them. i tens to scan the threads for anything of relevance, but they are becoming quite personal now, which makes me not tranquillo. I am becoming increasingly inclined to avoid the LA threads, but the title tothis one made me wonder whether lance had been twittering something new. (My views, based entirely upon what I have read, parallel those of Aurelio et al, I just have less zeal. I also have more problem with what I perceive to be his poor behaviour, than with his alleged doping which I am fairly sure remains rife in the peloton.)
    Dan
  • colint
    micron wrote:
    Sorry to be parochial, but when start to invest a significant amount in research and care and become a leading player in the UK cancer charity field then I'll reconsider my decision to donate to Macmillan and Cancer Research. both of whom have given my family & friends a great deal of information and support. Just personal preference but the Livestrong approach is most definitely geared for navigating the American healthcare system and advice and guidance tailor made for the UK worked better for us.

I think this is a fair point, there's no doubt it's american focused, but I suppose thats to be expected. Donating to a more UK focused charity is the smart move imho
    Planet X N2A
    Trek Cobia 29er
  • GeorgeShaw
    GeorgeShaw Posts: 764
    Looks like a spam email to me. You get them all the time. Bill Gates will give $1 for every petition signer, etc. It's quite unlikely that any real donor would operate in this way.
  • markwalker
    markwalker Posts: 953
    colint wrote:
    colint wrote:

No it wasnt, does ickle oh so mature Colin not like Mark. Then ignore my comments and add to the debate.
  • colint
    I refer you to my earlier comment.

Happy trolling
    Planet X N2A
    Trek Cobia 29er
  • markwalker
    markwalker Posts: 953
    colint wrote:
    I refer you to my earlier comment.

Happy trolling

I assume youll be off to the moderators again soon then.
  • colint
    As I've never been to the moderators, I doubt I'll be going "again".

I trust the mods to spot a pointless troll when they see one, just like your colleague (or maybe you're the same person), to whom you are obviously refering.
    Planet X N2A
    Trek Cobia 29er
  • hommelbier
    hommelbier Posts: 1,555
    GeorgeShaw wrote:
    Looks like a spam email to me.

Probably not. Like the OP (?) I registered with the LAF website last year after my diagnosis (prostate cancer) and I too recently received the email. As an earlier poster said the whole set up is aimed at navigating the American healthcare system so a great deal of the information provided is not relevant to other countries, especially those which have proper universal healthcare. In the UK, organisations such as Macmillans and the Prostate Cancer Charity (which supports many UK cycling events such as the Tour of Britain) are far more worthy of support. LA's focus should not be so narrowly focussed, but should campaign for proper affordable health care in his own country but somehow I doubt this fits in with his own political viewpoint.
  • El Imbatido
    El Imbatido Posts: 144
    markwalker wrote:
    JackHammer, you appeared at the begining of the tour on a one man pro lance crusade and whilst i agree with your sentiment, could you confirm that Lance, livestrong or an associated compnay employ you?

Jackhammer is not a three weeker. He was spraying his garbage on cyclingnews forums until he got banned. Then he came here. So i say Good luck with it.
    Do you have any Therapeutic Use Exemptions?
    No. Never have.
    Never? What about the cortisone?
    Well, obviously there was the cortisone
  • synchronicity
    synchronicity Posts: 1,415
    I got that letter too.

I was more disappointed than anything - a while back tried to contact him 'cause I wanted to sponsor Mister Lance with a set of yellow "LiveStrong" ceramic vertebrae cable housings... and stupid me thought I was getting a response. :oops:

I'm not that annoyed by it 'cause it's for a good cause.
  • Tempestas
    Tempestas Posts: 486
    I'm sorry but Armstrong is slowly turning into Bono :roll:

Great, that will be two people who use their profile to help people who are suffering.

Now think about, what does Christiano Ronaldo do with all his fame and fortune?

He gets drunk and rides a a bike called Paris
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    Tempestas wrote:

Great, that will be two people who use their profile to help people who are suffering.

Blimey - who the f.uck has Bono ever helped apart from himself?
  • Tempestas
    Porgy wrote:
    Tempestas wrote:

I guess you are joking? if not maybe do some research :wink:
  • GraemeT
    GraemeT Posts: 155
    But doesn't bono think he's God :evil:
    Just Keep Pedalling
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    Tempestas wrote:
    Porgy wrote:
    Tempestas wrote:

I have already done some research - that's why I ask - as far as I can tell he is a narcissistic tax dodging sucker upper of rich and powerful people.
  • Tempestas
    Porgy wrote:
    Tempestas wrote:
    Porgy wrote:
    Tempestas wrote:

I have already done some research - that's why I ask - as far as I can tell he is a narcissistic tax dodging sucker upper of rich and powerful people.

Try harder, Google is your friend...

I am not 100% sure who or what he supports, I just thought the original comment was a bit pathetic comparing Armstrong to him :wink: Both try to do good, what's so bad about that? I guess it is just the modern way to knock people who try