Tour de France first week analysis

2»

Comments

• TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    It's been a good first week. Everyday had something interesting.

Agree, the TTT gives too much of an advantage to the good teams, but don't write off the GC. Armstrong looked much better than I expected and Schleck will have a go at Verbier and stage 17. Could still be up for grabs on Ventoux.
    exercise.png
  • Bakunin
    Bakunin Posts: 868
    We are all the winners because Lance has returned.

Bask in his glory.
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    Voigt ... i dont know whether he dropped back in order to give some cover for the Schlecks ... Cant help thinking that if he was feeling strong then he should have been able to stay with the pace fairly comfortably though given last year's effort.
    Voigt said in an interview afterwards, he couldn’t keep up, didn’t have any strength reserves left, not that he dropped back for tactical reasons.
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    Wiggins a 'winner'? He is doing well in the GC, but I have to say I haven’t noticed him much during any stage. Where does he hide?

The 'winners' should definitely include AG2R and Brice Feillu.
    Eskutal, Katusha and Ciolek have all done better than might be expected too.

And maybe the Schlecks’ personalised saddle is worth a positive mention.

3716232601_bae2e3bc5a.jpg

'Losers' include Gerdemann, for not living up to his own promises once again.
  • We are all the winners because Lance has returned.

Bask in his glory.

I'm trying to work out if this is crawling with sarcasm or not. I can't quite decide...
  • Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    Moved post to Alberto v Lance thread.