Did the Hog say go?

2»

Comments

• micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    It doesn't matter what you think or what your eyes tell you, by the time the Astana spin machine have finished with today's stage black willl be white, Contador will have been fetching bottles all day and Armstrong will be the leader of the race by 10 minutes.
  • mgcycleguy
    mgcycleguy Posts: 292
    micron wrote:
    It doesn't matter what you think or what your eyes tell you, by the time the Astana spin machine have finished with today's stage black willl be white, Contador will have been fetching bottles all day and Armstrong will be the leader of the race by 10 minutes.

... but they can't spin the clock, time doesn't lie... what a great sport cycling is. Is Contador going to have to win this Tour on his own !... can he ! ... fantastic stuff
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    avalon wrote:
    Moomaloid wrote:
    Lance looked pissed...
    Yep,his mouth says one thing but his eyes say somethng entirely different.
    Yes! In the LA interview after the finish which I saw (not the Velonews one), when asked about whether there was any team problem about coordination, LA said, with a wry and irritated look on his face, “It’s not the team, it's not the team” implying it was instead an individual.

Although really, LA shouldn’t feel anything at all against AC, since he more or less encouraged Berty to take his chances the day before, and predicted what would happen, when he said in Barcelona “I know Alberto wants to assert himself in the race, I know he is ready to go, if he goes - and no one can go with him - I will just hang back and stay with the other leaders" - which is what happened.

But maybe LA meant another individual – in the highlights I saw, the commentator said “Popovych had showed he has no more allegiance to Armstrong than to Contador, which may not have gone down well with Armstrong”. Unfortunately it wasn’t clear to me to what the commentator was referring. Maybe Popovych went too fast up the mountain for LA, thus creating the situation where AC could ‘go’ and LA not be able to follow?
    Any other ideas anyone?
  • Fab Can owes him a favour or 2. Lots of others who might be tempted to do Lance for a small fee and a bit of road rash :lol:
    Go neiri on bothar leat.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Bakunin wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    Bakunin wrote:
    donrhummy wrote:
    Bakunin wrote:
    On the horrible Versus coverage, there was a cut to the dim-witted Frankie A. interviewing Armstrong -- it appeared that Lance was saying that Contador's attack was not part of the game plan.

Did anyone notice that?

I don't know why you're calling Frankie dim-witted. A dick move by you.

As for your question - this fits with the HUGE smile Contador had once he realized he'd dropped everyone and was in the clear.

But I never would work with someone who has trashed my wife -- the way that Lance has verbally trashed Frankie's wife.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe, Lance, and or, Frankie have decided to "be the bigger person", so to speak, and not hold grudges for the rest of their lives?
    But I do see your point. That would be dull and boring if they "made up" and you seem to want controversy, hate, rage, betrayal, deceit, scandal. You know, a soap opera. You've just "verbally trashed" a couple of people here but that's O.K. Your rules don't apply to you. :wink::wink:

Bless me Father Dennis for I have sinned, there has been 30 years since my last confession...

Is the air rare on that mountain of happy talk morality you seem to exist on? :wink:

No hate, rage, betrayal, deceit, or scandal intended.

What do you want, if not "rage, betrayal,......"? That would be my guess as to why you're watching. You want to see someone you dislike beaten and beaten badly. You want to see Lance fail, get beaten by his own, supposedly, evil game and maybe even dirty tactics by his own teammates. That would be perfect. How far away from the truth am I so far?
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,812
    I think Contador is doing what Contador does best. Destroy people in the mountains, He was held back in the Vuelta last year, and I think he was being held back today.

Apparently, "the plan" was for Contador and Armstrong to talk to each other on the road. Seems like Albi didn't wanna chat.

As for "the smile", I think it was half and half, he was happy that he was putting time into rivals like a hard chasing Andy Shleck, but it was mainly him grimacing at the effort he put in. Let's not forget they'd been riding for six and a half hours at that point.

The only way that Contador can lose this Tour is if his team lose it for him. As long as he is within one and a half minutes of the yellow jersey at the foot of Ventoux, he will win.
  • Mr Bruy is being quoted on CN as saying there was no Plan :D

The calls he makes during the race are what makes him great. Pre-planning is overrated.
  • Bakunin
    Bakunin Posts: 868
    dennisn wrote:
    Bakunin wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    Bakunin wrote:
    donrhummy wrote:
    Bakunin wrote:
    On the horrible Versus coverage, there was a cut to the dim-witted Frankie A. interviewing Armstrong -- it appeared that Lance was saying that Contador's attack was not part of the game plan.

Did anyone notice that?

I don't know why you're calling Frankie dim-witted. A dick move by you.

As for your question - this fits with the HUGE smile Contador had once he realized he'd dropped everyone and was in the clear.

But I never would work with someone who has trashed my wife -- the way that Lance has verbally trashed Frankie's wife.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe, Lance, and or, Frankie have decided to "be the bigger person", so to speak, and not hold grudges for the rest of their lives?
    But I do see your point. That would be dull and boring if they "made up" and you seem to want controversy, hate, rage, betrayal, deceit, scandal. You know, a soap opera. You've just "verbally trashed" a couple of people here but that's O.K. Your rules don't apply to you. :wink::wink:

Bless me Father Dennis for I have sinned, there has been 30 years since my last confession...

Is the air rare on that mountain of happy talk morality you seem to exist on? :wink:

No hate, rage, betrayal, deceit, or scandal intended.

What do you want, if not "rage, betrayal,......"? That would be my guess as to why you're watching. You want to see someone you dislike beaten and beaten badly. You want to see Lance fail, get beaten by his own, supposedly, evil game and maybe even dirty tactics by his own teammates. That would be perfect. How far away from the truth am I so far?

Dennis -- GPS couldn't help you find the truth. But keep writing, I can't stop laughing,
  • Looks pretty pissed to me:

Getty

610x.jpg

Contador on the otherhand:

Reuters

610x.jpg

Haha those pictures are ace.

Contador has fire in his belly but this race isn't over yet- doesn't Lance works best when he's down trodden and pissed off?