Did the Hog say go?

Bakunin
Bakunin Posts: 868
edited July 2009 in Pro race
On the horrible Versus coverage, there was a cut to the dim-witted Frankie A. interviewing Armstrong -- it appeared that Lance was saying that Contador's attack was not part of the game plan.

Did anyone notice that?

Comments

• donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    Bakunin wrote:
    On the horrible Versus coverage, there was a cut to the dim-witted Frankie A. interviewing Armstrong -- it appeared that Lance was saying that Contador's attack was not part of the game plan.

Did anyone notice that?

I don't know why you're calling Frankie dim-witted. A dick move by you.

As for your question - this fits with the HUGE smile Contador had once he realized he'd dropped everyone and was in the clear.
  • markwalker
    markwalker Posts: 953
    donrhummy wrote:
    Bakunin wrote:

Did anyone notice that?

As for your question - this fits with the HUGE smile Contador had once he realized he'd dropped everyone and was in the clear.

I would like to think that is the case. If it is well see some retaliation, spiked bidons, no shelter, excellent stuff
  • Bakunin
    donrhummy wrote:
    Bakunin wrote:

Did anyone notice that?

Yeah -- maybe dim-witted was not appropriate. I guess that should be saved exclusively for Bob Roll.

But I never would work with someone who has trashed my wife -- the way that Lance has verbally trashed Frankie's wife.
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    He's not working with him, he's interviewing him for his work...

Frankie Rulz!
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Bakunin wrote:
    donrhummy wrote:
    Bakunin wrote:

Did anyone notice that?

But I never would work with someone who has trashed my wife -- the way that Lance has verbally trashed Frankie's wife.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe, Lance, and or, Frankie have decided to "be the bigger person", so to speak, and not hold grudges for the rest of their lives?
    But I do see your point. That would be dull and boring if they "made up" and you seem to want controversy, hate, rage, betrayal, deceit, scandal. You know, a soap opera. You've just "verbally trashed" a couple of people here but that's O.K. Your rules don't apply to you. :wink::wink:
  • It definitely wasn't planned according to both Lance and Contador when they were interviewed the on ITV 4 highlights show. Lance appeared visibly pissed off by the change in tactics.
  • dennisn
    It definitely wasn't planned according to both Lance and Contador when they were interviewed the on ITV 4 highlights show. Lance appeared visibly pissed off by the change in tactics.

Plenty of things that happen out on the road aren't planned. They just happen. Way too many variables to have things planned down to the Nth degree. All teams can do is try to hold an overall view and philosophy during this somewhat mad circus. Opportunities come and go in the course of a race and riders must cope with this and react to the best of their abilities because you can't plan for everything. Lance knows that already. He got in a break that wasn't planned for by his team. Got him some time and I didn't see him or Alberto complaining about it.
  • Moomaloid
    Lance looked pissed...
  • avalon
    avalon Posts: 345
    Moomaloid wrote:
    Lance looked pissed...

Yep,his mouth says one thing but his eyes say somethng entirely different.
    Unlike Sherwin who's eyes see one thing and his mouth says something entirely different
  • dennisn
    Moomaloid wrote:
    Lance looked pissed...

Have you ever ridden long hard distances for some days on end and been really tired
    or exhausted and had people crowding around you, shoving microphones in you face,
    asking the most insane questions, when all you really want to do is get something to eat and lay down. "Looking p*ssed" is what most people might project to others in these situations. Have you never "looked p*ssed"? It happens to everyone.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Moomaloid wrote:
    Lance looked pissed...
    Well, he does own the Tour...
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • avalon
    avalon Posts: 345
    dennisn wrote:
    Moomaloid wrote:
    Lance looked pissed...

Have you ever ridden long hard distances for some days on end and been really tired
    or exhausted and had people crowding around you, shoving microphones in you face,
    asking the most insane questions, when all you really want to do is get something to eat and lay down. "Looking p*ssed" is what most people might project to others in these situations. Have you never "looked p*ssed"? It happens to everyone.

Only losers.
  • dennisn
    avalon wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    Moomaloid wrote:
    Lance looked pissed...

Only losers.

If things don't go your way it upsets you, right? You "look p*ssed", right? I'm talking about you, not Lance. You're allowed to look p*ssed, right? How come it makes "news" when LA "looks p*ssed". You've never seen anyone get "p*ssed" before? These guys are out
    there battling on a day to day basis and you think it's unusual for one of them to be p*ssed. By the end of this thing lots of them will be needing a vacation from each other.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    dennisn wrote:
    It definitely wasn't planned according to both Lance and Contador when they were interviewed the on ITV 4 highlights show. Lance appeared visibly pissed off by the change in tactics.

Plenty of things that happen out on the road aren't planned. They just happen. Way too many variables to have things planned down to the Nth degree. All teams can do is try to hold an overall view and philosophy during this somewhat mad circus. Opportunities come and go in the course of a race and riders must cope with this and react to the best of their abilities because you can't plan for everything. Lance knows that already. He got in a break that wasn't planned for by his team. Got him some time and I didn't see him or Alberto complaining about it.

There is a big difference between things happening on the road - crashes, mechanicals, bad days, bad weather etc - and a rider deciding to take things into his own hands and go against the team plan that was discussed on the bus earlier that morning.

I'm not saying that's definitely what Contador did, but it did look to me like Astana were trying to get Lance in yellow by setting a high tempo to discourage attacks. Nothing wrong that plan, of course, but if Contador went against team orders, then of course Lance would be pissed off. That's not something that just happens on the road.
  • dennisn
    afx237vi wrote:
    dennisn wrote:

There is a big difference between things happening on the road - crashes, mechanicals, bad days, bad weather etc - and a rider deciding to take things into his own hands and go against the team plan that was discussed on the bus earlier that morning.

I'm not saying that's definitely what Contador did, but it did look to me like Astana were trying to get Lance in yellow by setting a high tempo to discourage attacks. Nothing wrong that plan, of course, but if Contador went against team orders, then of course Lance would be pissed off. That's not something that just happens on the road.

I agree, but you're assuming Lance is p*ssed, and further, you're assuming Lance is p*sssed at Alberto. This may not be the case.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,485
    On the other hand it may be the case that he is.

We're full of insight here aren't we? :wink:
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    frenchfighter just posted this:

http://www.velonews.tv/?bclid=199546500 ... 9100631001

Lance admits that Contador's attack was against the plan. So there we have it.
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    The face like thunder from one and the huge grin from the other really told you everything you needed to know about who has the measure of who.

As for the Andreu/Armstrong situation - Armstrong expressly asked that Andreu be embedded with Astana. All part of the 'charm offensive' :roll: Clearly he fools some of the people all of the time...
  • dennisn
    afx237vi wrote:

I stand corrected. I think.
  • Bakunin
    dennisn wrote:
    Bakunin wrote:
    donrhummy wrote:
    Bakunin wrote:

Did anyone notice that?

Did you ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe, Lance, and or, Frankie have decided to "be the bigger person", so to speak, and not hold grudges for the rest of their lives?
    But I do see your point. That would be dull and boring if they "made up" and you seem to want controversy, hate, rage, betrayal, deceit, scandal. You know, a soap opera. You've just "verbally trashed" a couple of people here but that's O.K. Your rules don't apply to you. :wink::wink:

Bless me Father Dennis for I have sinned, there has been 30 years since my last confession...

Is the air rare on that mountain of happy talk morality you seem to exist on? :wink:

No hate, rage, betrayal, deceit, or scandal intended.
  • Bakunin
    More important -- if Contador ignored team orders, what will be the consequence of that?
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    edited October 2012
    Looks pretty pissed to me
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Moomaloid
    dennisn wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

I stand corrected. I think.

It was completely obvious... its Lance's team remember...
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    looks more like trapped wind than a smile.....
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Isn't there a rumour about what happened to Floyd Landis when he disobeyed Team Orders during his time in Postal...just saying is all :lol:
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • Mr Bruy is being quoted on CN as saying there was no Plan :D
    Go neiri on bothar leat.
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    But I thought Bruyneel was the greatest/most tactically astute/all singing all dancing DS in the peloton? And he had no plan?!?!
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    micron wrote:
    But I thought Bruyneel was the greatest/most tactically astute/all singing all dancing DS in the peloton? And he had no plan?!?!

LOL, I guess he has one when it suits him or rather when it works out.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Moomaloid
    Astana can't seem to decide on any definitive stories at all can they... its funny coz we have Lance puffing his chest out, Johan being sheepish and trying desperately not to admit his bias, Levi shining his deputy badge and good old 'big balls' Bertie...

i'm proud of him, he could've just buckled under the pressure. it could all change of course..
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Recently I've been enjoying the series Lie To Me on Sky 1 which is all about reading facial body language. It's based on factual research (I've read a book which discussed it a little) and Armstrong's interview on ITV showed obvious signs of disgust and contempt.

I'd disagree with Contador's 'smile' though, that's just the way he grimaces - Sastre's the same.
    Twitter: @RichN95