ITV4 vs Eurosport Commentary for TdF

13»

Comments

• etagloh
    etagloh Posts: 1
    Has anyone else noticed on itv that when Paul (may have them the wrong way round) is talking you can hear Phil commentating in the background? Its like he's commentating for the highlights show at the same time...its so annoying.

I've compared Versus and ITV4 for the same stage, and the times when that happens, it's usually Phil doing a US-specific segment for the live commentary -- "the Paid Placement Yellow Jersey Moment , "tune into Versus tonight to watch championship bull-riding!", etc. -- while Paul sticks with the action on the road. Once you get to the end of each stage, though, they tend to handle it more like an "international feed" where every broadcaster gets the same commentary.

On the one hand, it's amazing that they can juggle all their commitments and don't end up plugging the wrong channel -- they're also providing commentary for SBS in Australia on top of ITV and Versus. On the other hand, it feels at times as if they're spread too thinly, and the interests of the US audience shape the commentary for everyone else.

Still, I'd love to see the fine print on the contracts they sign with all the broadcasters.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,812
    Ithink this belongs here. You don't get this from the likes of Harmon and Kelly

http://twitpic.com/a3siy
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    Too busy looking a stuff like that to realise whats going on on the road...
  • weewillie
    weewillie Posts: 1
    It's got to be Eurosport every time
    Must admit I do miss DD
    But Sean's my man
    Is there anyone out there you'd rather listen to regarding strategy during a race?

And the other day, I can't remember who it was, but during the boring bits, and there's often quite a bit in a 4 hour programme, someone told us about an hilarious moment when he had to go downstairs in a French hotel at 3 am to get his wetsuit unzipped!!
  • IanLD
    IanLD Posts: 423
    I'm getting really fed up of the "Lance is in great position - only 2 seconds down on Contador" constantly coming from the stupid American biased feed Liggett and Sherwen are doing. There are other riders in the event and I'm sure more non-Americans than Americans get their feed.

Once had the misfortune to see a US feed complete with pre-show with Phil and Paul. Unbelievably cringeworthy. At least we are spared that.
  • toshmund
    toshmund Posts: 390
    Classic day on Eurosport today. Describing Lourdes as "Blackpool for Catholics!" :lol: I had a day in Lourdes before walking the GR7, and it is. Like they said, full of people on their last legs being pushed around in wheelchairs.

Sure enough, they also said "The old cliche' - Tom Boonen nosediving on the the white lines"