Vino on his way back

2»

Comments

• finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    dennisn wrote:
    Well, he has done his "time" and that was what was required of him. Whether he has learned to be a better "sort of person" and a positive influence on cycling is not something
    you and I can know at the moment. Only Vino knows that. People do get a bit wiser with age and mistakes. So anything is possible.

He mentioned wanting to "salvage his reputation" and to show that "winning is possible without doping."

Hopefully he's being genuine, and even if he doesn't show any remorse, he'll at least keep off the red blood cells this time.
  • nick hanson
    nick hanson Posts: 1,655
    Wasn't there some sort of ruling that an offender (doper) returning after being banned,couldn't join a protour team for the next 2 years,or did i get mixed up?
    so many cols,so little time!
  • They didnt apply it to Basso so it would be hard to bring that one out now. Dennis you would be right if he admitted to doing it but with evidence to the contray he kept saying he had done nothing wrong, now he wants back in whats a bet he will be up to old habits?
    Take care of the luxuries and the necessites will take care of themselves.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    So Bruyneel out in September according to l'equipe.

Vino going to continue with the team and he'd like to keep Contador.

I wonder if the sponsors will line up for Lance after the Tour?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    I reckon that video is one of the marketing precursors for team nikestrong

I wouldn't be surprised if he does pull a team together, however I can't see it lasting... you'd need lance riding and being up there in the GC which will get less likely with every passing year, and if he wasn't riding you'd need lance to do regular press, which he isn't always enthused to do.

plus if he wasn't riding you'd need sucessful american riders to head up the team, other than leipheimer there isn't anyone that springs to mind (taylor phinney won't be in a winning position for a few years yet, zabriskie wouldn't ride for nikestrong and neither would any of the other columbia or garmin guys....)
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    So if you were Contador would you stay or leave?
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    So if you were Contador would you stay or leave?

I'd tell them I was definitely staying, then join Caisse, straight after the Tour.
    I hear Don Ale could do with a reliable super-domestique for his failed Vuelta bid. :P
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    I think Bruyneel will not want to piss off Contador as AC is the future of his team...amazed that Vino wields power in the Astana team in that way given he is such bad news currently. Surely ASO will not allow Vino back to their event ever?
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    ....... Dennis you would be right if he admitted to doing it but with evidence to the contray he kept saying he had done nothing wrong, now he wants back in whats a bet he will be up to old habits?

In this imperfect world we humans have been know to put innocent people in jail and burn, so called, "witches" at the stake. I can't make him admit anything. Only he can decide to do that, if he chooses. As for wanting "back in", it's what he does, a job, like you and I. Who can say how it all will turn out? People can change for the better(and for the worse).
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Dave_1 wrote:
    I think Bruyneel will not want to wee-wee off Contador as AC is the future of his team...amazed that Vino wields power in the Astana team in that way given he is such bad news currently. Surely ASO will not allow Vino back to their event ever?

That's what I think. Said it elsewhere and got flammed.
    Most seem to think Bertie's about to get the shaft, but surely that's very short term thinking?
    However, when you look at this:-
    bettiniphoto_0040255_1_full_600.jpg

I do have my doubts.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.