Energy drinks and wind (parp!)

jswba
jswba Posts: 491
OK, I'm embarrased :oops:

I've been upping my training recently and have been using Torq Natural during rides. The problem is that it gives me chronic wind (we're talking Blazing Saddles here) afterwards.

Anybody have any ideas about alternative (non-windy) drinks?

Comments

• jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    Unfortunately farts are strongly linked with carbohydrates, the most relevant foods for energy... and I don't know any way around it...
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • jswba
    jswba Posts: 491
    Cheers Jim. Looks like my wife will just have to carry around some air freshener!
  • Be a gent and let her ride in front.
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    Torq natural is just maltodextrin, the same a PSP22, and is windy IME. I've stopped using PSP for that reason.

The standard Torq energy drink is less windy in my experience, so you could try that. You can make up the carbs with bars/gels/fruit instead.
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    You should try SiS Rego, that stuff gives me awful wind! :oops:
  • funckchicken
    funckchicken Posts: 93
    edited June 2009
    i find that if you actually hold them in for long enough you can store them up and then let off in dramatic fashion for a much needed afterburner type boost. this is particularly useful when you hit a 10% plus gradient or are trying to shake someone from your wheel in the last few km.

i have followed through on several occasions with this method though, so be careful.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    i find that if you actually hold them in for long enough you can store them up and then let off in dramatic fashion for a much needed afterburner type boost. this is particualrly useful when you hit a 10% plus gradient or are trying to shake someone from your wheel in the last few km.

i have followed through on several occasions with this method though, so be careful.

That's exactly why I stopped wearing white lycra...