Herts Broxbourne woods XC get together?

Smiler15
Smiler15 Posts: 129
edited August 2013 in MTB rides
Anyone interested in meeting up around broxbourne woods? I've seen lots of riders out around here recently and thought it might be cool to have some sort of very informal community of local riders? :)

Comments

• Rich1969
    Rich1969 Posts: 29
    Hi Smiler,
    I would be interested to meet up. Let em know on this thread if you have any other interest.

cheers Rich
  • pastryboy
    pastryboy Posts: 1,385
    Whereabouts is Broxbourne woods in relation to the lido (the only bit I know) - I'm about ten miles from there.
  • Smiler15
    the lido in ware? An good stuff rich!
  • pastryboy
    Maybe I'm showing my age as that's what it was called in my day (it had a wave machine, it was fantastic). Looks like they renamed it the Lee Valley swimming pool but it may have been closed now.

Anyway that's the only part of Broxbourne I know - if the woods are just off the river lea I'd find my way there easy enough.
  • pastryboy
    Thanks - looks more like Hoddesdon to me but it's not far away and I'd easily find it.
  • HandjobDan
    HandjobDan Posts: 704
    Hi Guys, I live in Harlow and would be up for this. I work shifts though so it depends when you're thinking of going.

What do you reckon for route how long and difficult is the terrain? I've tried to find routes a couple of times with a mate but never really managed it.
  • Hi Smiler,

I would be up for a blast around broxbourne woods.
    let me know what sort of rides you are planning, and what days.

:)
  • Has this idea died a death now then?
  • i'm in the area and would be up for a hack about the woods :D
  • I am thinking of going to broxbourne woods this Sunday if anyone is up for it.
    Never been there before so if you know your way around that would help! :D
  • hi guys, sorry about the lack of communication, I don't mind when we go, Saturdays or Tuesday or thursday evening would be best for me.
    How is this for everyone else?

By the way, here's one of my regular routes which I uploaded to www.bikely.com
    http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/so ... ford-woods
  • Hi Smiler,

Can't do Tuesdays or Saturdays but any other weekday evening, or Sunday, is good for me.
  • thursday?
  • dagzin
    dagzin Posts: 70
    hi i live in hoddesdon and woundnt mind tagging along if its cool,also im going for a spin tomorow afternoon,if anyones up for it i ride an gold/bronze sx trail if you see me say hi
  • How about next thursday evening, about 6?
  • I went for a hack about there today, some nice trails... until this happened :(

th_Image_2855.jpg
  • dagzin
    dagzin Posts: 70
    thats bad... going for a spin tomorrow (sunday) where abouts in brox woods were you when that happerned?
  • about 100 yards north of the car park up the ermine street bridleway
  • hey! id be well up for meeting up for a brox woods ride! let me know when and i'll come down. am only in hoddesdon, and looking for local riding buddies! :D
  • Smiler15
    Hi guys, how about we try an decide on a date now!

How about Wednesday 11th or Thursday 12th of November? Only thing is it gets dark early, otherwise Sat 14th?
  • I'd be up for going out with you guys at some point. Did you ever sort out a date? I just got myself a new bike that needs a good beating around the trails. Would be good to meet some local riders!
  • Smiler15
    Hi Ladybee,
    Glad to here it, the more the merrier. Date tba
  • That sounds excellent about a saturday to ride. im mainly free then and it would be good to ride in a group. what r the best times for u all? my best time is after 10am. :D
  • Smiler15
    I think Saturday is the best time, perhaps late morning ? Then you get a lay in and it won't be dark by the end? :)
    Not sure where everyone is coming from, but how about meeting here?

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source= ... 4&t=h&z=16

(Cock Lane Car Park)
  • Sounds like fun, what's the terrain like? I only have a full-sus at the minute. that I have just finished building up. It's pretty hardcore though, might be overkill :lol:

Is this definately happening tomorrow?
  • pastryboy
    I will keep an eye on this thread but can't do tomorrow as I have a baby to look after (wife at work).
  • Smiler15
    I'm not around this saturday, so was thinking next saturday if thats okay, that'll be the 21st.
    Shall we try and organise it for then?
  • Smiler15
    Is that the santa cruz in your sig? looks nice :) but defo overkill for hertfordshire I'd think!! :wink: The terrain is coniferous and Oak woodland, so bits have leaves everywhere, which makes for fun "power" slides. As long as its not too heavy it'll be fine :D
  • Hi all,

would love to join you for this but already booked to ride in darkests Essex Satuday.

have fun and hope to join you all next time.

cheers Rich