RPCC Ride - 20th & 21st June

Rich-Ti
Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
Ok folks, apologies for the quick thread starter but I need to get some work done! :roll: :lol:

To put it simply, you're on your own this week! Most of the RPCC core are away riding the Quebrantahuesos (Phips, Art Vandelay, Berns12 & The Emu) or the Dave Lloyd Mega Challenge (Myself, Myk-ee & Mal) this coming weekend so there won't be a ride heading out from Richmond Gate unless you plan it yourselves! :shock:

I'm sure you're more than capable though, so please feel free to continue the legacy in our absence and tell us all about it too! Would be good to know the rides are carrying on without us and hopefully a few of you regulars can get something organised amongst yourselves :wink: 8)

So, until next week... :D

Comments

• homercles
    homercles Posts: 499
    Just popping in to say hello and wish the Fray Bentos and Dave Lloyd gangs good luck this weekend.

I've had a run of weddings and the like :roll: that has decimated my weekend availability since early May but I hope to be back and hitting the hills on the 4th July!

Until then...
  • homercles
    homercles Posts: 499
    PS - Rich, a new bike? You really are a tart!! :lol:
  • Rich-Ti
    homercles wrote:
    PS - Rich, a new bike? You really are a tart!! :lol:
    Mate, you don't know the half of it...! :wink: :roll: :oops: :lol:
  • Berns12
    Berns12 Posts: 198
    Aye as Rich and Homercles have noted a few of us are off on various endeavours this weekend...

However I am sure some of you regulars can string a ride together, and given Al and my navigation last weekend with a few wrong 'urns you could not do worse! Also apologies, I should not have missed that turn off at Epsom!

Also good luck to Julian for the London-Brighton.

RPCC represented in 3 European events this weekend...
  • Rich-Ti
    Berns12 wrote:
    Aye - just a shame I haven't got the bloody kit sorted yet. Sorry folks, soon I promise... :roll: :oops: :(
  • thebongolian
    thebongolian Posts: 333
    I'll almost certainly be out this weekend: Surrey Hills if it's a Saturday, Richmond Park if its Sunday.

So if anyone fancies a 60-80 mile mid-paced ride on Saturday let me know. probably quite an early start - 8 am at Richmond Gate?
  • jrduquemin
    jrduquemin Posts: 791
    I'd like to get out on the bike on Saturday but I've got a 1am start in the datacentre that morning. Not looking forward to it either. Also, I won't be out the following weekend as I'll be in Andorra hitting the bikeparks on my Enduro :-)
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    I'm sticking to Richmond Park this Saturday. Going to try and set a new PB 3 anti lap time. Plus try to improve my hill climbing with some clockwise laps as well.

Good luck to all of you that are cycling/punishing themselves elsewhere this weekend.

Hope you get a nice clear run at the beacon.
  • jrduquemin
    I'm hoping I get a clear run at the beacon too Ryan. Last thing I want is loads of pedestrians pushing their bikes up it :-)
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • J09
    J09 Posts: 122
    I'm also in for saturday. I think there will be few of us, so why not trade that Richmond ride for a slower (than last week's) Surrey Hills ride NWLondoner?
  • voxegam
    voxegam Posts: 244
    I'd be up for a ride on sat or sun. Just coming back after 3 weeks off the bike due to a crash so looking to get back into some training. So count me in provisionally.
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
    Planet-X (now winter-bike)
  • NWLondoner
    J09 wrote:
    I'm also in for Saturday. I think there will be few of us, so why not trade that Richmond ride for a slower (than last week's) Surrey Hills ride NWLondoner?

Well, if it's the same pace or slower than last weeks count me in. Same route (ableit getting lost this time) :wink: as last week?

I do need to conquer those hills.

9am Saturday as before?
  • Rich-Ti
    Good work chaps - great to see this carrying on without the instigators being around. Thanks, you're making a grown man very happy :D
  • NWLondoner
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    Berns12 wrote:
    Aye - just a shame I haven't got the bloody kit sorted yet. Sorry folks, soon I promise... :roll: :oops: :(

Do i take it by that we may have our own RPCC Jerseys one day 8)
  • Rich-Ti
    NWLondoner wrote:
    Do i take it by that we may have our own RPCC Jerseys one day 8)
    Full kit sir, not just jerseys 8)
  • NWLondoner
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    Good work chaps - great to see this carrying on without the instigators being around. Thanks, you're making a grown man very happy :D

After the agony in my legs on Sunday I should hate you guys but I have got the taste for this now.

So a BIG thanks for the encouragement.
  • Rich-Ti
    NWLondoner wrote:
    After the agony in my legs on Sunday I should hate you guys but I have got the taste for this now.

So a BIG thanks for the encouragement.
    Awesome - glad to hear it 8)
  • Esoteric80
    Esoteric80 Posts: 84
    Good luck in Spain RPCC!

Would be up for Sat morning Surrey hills again - maybe 08:30 start if people want to get round and back?
  • Berns12
    Berns12 Posts: 198
    Rich-Ti wrote:

+1. Am pleased to see others carrying the torch in our absence!

I am sure y'all will be fine, J09 seems to have a better sense of direction than Al and myself, so I think you guys will be well looked after.

By my reckoning you guys will be enjoying a tea up on BH while I am struggling up the Marie Blanque/in the broom wagon/crushed by one of those circling vultures which gives the sportive its name*

Enjoy the ride and good to see some of the new guys coming back for more! Good luck and y'all think of us when you are enjoying that tea!

(*delete as appropriate)
  • NWLondoner
    If it helps I can be there for 8.30 or even 8am (give or take 5 minutes)
  • jrduquemin
    I would like to come out on Saturday but it's dependent on the time I get out of the datacentre. What's the general concensus on the time for the ride start?
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • NWLondoner
    Personally I would not want to leave much later than 9. Too much traffic and we would get back later than i would wish. do you think it will be a long shift in the data centre??
  • jrduquemin
    Possibly, I was informed that further work is required i.e. rebooting a list of servers in the US along with switching over our SAN switches from 2Gb to 4Gb... ARGH!!! :cry:

Might be easier for you guys to head out without me as I can't guarantee I'll get there on time. I also need to go to the Specialized shop to pick up a spare mech hanger for my Enduro on Saturday...
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • NWLondoner
    So far we have

thebongolian
    J09
    esoteric80
    NWLondoner (ME)
    voxegam?
    jrduquemin?

Anyone else?

Could do with a few more!!!

Any agreement on the start time?
  • NWLondoner
    Weather not too great for saturday. Heavy rain for london,richmond and light rain for epsom. Better be careful on those descents.
  • thebongolian
    thebongolian Posts: 333
    Metcheck paints a better picture than the BBC but guess we'll have to see what happens

Is 8:30 good for those coming?

And any thoughts on the route? I had something like this in mind:

http://bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=58905
  • NWLondoner
    Leith Hill :shock: :shock:

Never done it before,

You may have to wait a while for me to make the top of that one :oops:

I may need to replace my 12/25 with a 12/27 ASAP!!
  • jrduquemin
    You won't need to change to a 27 for Leith Hill Ryan. I rode up it the first time on a 25 also. I'm sure you'll manage ok with what you have :)
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • J09
    J09 Posts: 122
    Sounds good to me.

8h30 at Richmond Gate.
  • NWLondoner
    Ok 8.30 richmond gate.