Colom Busted

2»

Comments

• DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    "Colom charged", "Colom positive" - plenty of opportunities for some very weak science geek puns...
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • drewfromrisca
    drewfromrisca Posts: 1,165
    Timoid. wrote:
    It is frightening the number of ex Bruyneel charges get busted within a couple of years of leaving his organisation.

Toni Colom. Who knew?

When did he ride for Bruyneel?
    There is never redemption, any fool can regret yesterday...

Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave!
  • GroupOfOne MkII
    GroupOfOne MkII Posts: 1,289
    When did he ride for Bruyneel?

Last season at Astana
  • don key
    don key Posts: 494
    iainf72 wrote:
    aurelio wrote:
    The UCI say that Colom was targeted with the help of the passports scheme but this might well just another example of the UCI 'talking up' their pet scheme.

Mr Pot.
    aurelio wrote:
    What's more, even if someone does make a minor error or overstatement somewhere this certainly does not meant that everything they say can be discounted.

May I introduce Mr Kettle? You seem to dismiss everything the UCI say because of Hein and Pat.

Hein's 57 varities of Pat.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    maybe we have to give the UCI more credit...they got another doper. The guy is using the conspiracy story I see...threatening phonecalls etc....lol .. I am very interested by the non performance of two good time trialists and wonder if or when Gripper will come out and fell some of them with passport cases??

On on unrelated topic...great to see Vaughters-though a minor rider as a pro and only famous cause of his brand-saying kohl's comments are good ...openess etc.
  • TarmacExpert
    TarmacExpert Posts: 204
    Re the usefulness of the passport, it is definitely possible to tell if someone is doping with an EPO type drug even if they don't fail a test. The profile of sizes of red blood cell will be abnormal due to the sudden burst of activity caused by the drug, and their body's natural EPO production will be diminished as the body downregulates to compensate for the drug. If someone's body is only producing levels of EPO that ought to make them seriously ill with anaemia, yet their hematocrit is actually at the high end of the normal range, there is clearly something amiss. I read an article some time ago that said there were numerous such results from the Olympics, where they know with 100% certainty that the athletes were doping, but there was no known banned substance present in the blood at the time of the test. However, armed with this knowledge, they can then try to predict when someone would need to dope in the future, and test at a time when they will find the substance in the blood, and it sounds like that happened in this case.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    iainf72 wrote:
    aurelio wrote:
    The UCI say that Colom was targeted with the help of the passports scheme but this might well just another example of the UCI 'talking up' their pet scheme.

Mr Pot.
    aurelio wrote:
    What's more, even if someone does make a minor error or overstatement somewhere this certainly does not meant that everything they say can be discounted.

May I introduce Mr Kettle? You seem to dismiss everything the UCI say because of Hein and Pat.

Too funny
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • DaveyL wrote:
    "Colom charged", "Colom positive" - plenty of opportunities for some very weak science geek puns...

And perhaps some literary ones - bound to generate some Colom inches in the cycling press anyway...
    \'You Come At the King,You Best Not Miss\'
  • iainf72 wrote:
    Ann is working away in the background.
    Kléber wrote:
    Yes... At her insistence several riders have been told that Gripper is on to them
    after the Return to Algarve 2009 I received a threatening call with hidden number saying that it was going to give positive. This call returned to repeat itself after my action in Paris Nize.

:wink:
  • samb01
    samb01 Posts: 130
    Dave_1 wrote:
    I am very interested by the non performance of two good time trialists
    Who did you have in mind in addition to the swiss guy?
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    DaveyL wrote:

And perhaps some literary ones - bound to generate some Colom inches in the cycling press anyway...

Colomic irrigation
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    I can't believe this guy got busted: golumjpg.jpg
  • Unsheath
    Unsheath Posts: 49
    Mystery illnesses you say. Should we be keeping an eye on Mr Ballan as well?
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    Pokerface wrote:
    I can't believe this guy got busted: golumjpg.jpg

Pokerface - Schumacher being busted is old news.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Without the EPO, we'll only see a semi-Colom :wink:
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    samb01 wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:

I can think of an australian TTer who has been underperforming recently :wink:
  • samb01
    samb01 Posts: 130
    samb01 wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:

I can think of an australian TTer who has been underperforming recently :wink:
    If by recently you mean 2006, sure.