RPCC Ride - Sat 13th / Sun 14th June

Rich-Ti
Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
Monday again already - where are the weeks going?...! :shock: :lol:

I'm going to be a no-show this weekend as I'm heading back to Worthing for a weekend of R&R, catching up with family and (if it's dry) my first MTB ride for about 7 months! :shock: :lol:

There's bound to be a healthy collection of the usual suspects about though so I'm sure the show will go on! 8)

So, for those of you who are heading out, usual meet & ride plan:
    :arrow: 9am start on Saturday is most likely,
although keep an eye out as earlier starts seem to be happening now and Sunday might be favoured by some
:arrow: Richmond Gate in Richmond Park, south side (on the left as you come up Sawyer's Hill / on the right if you come through Richmond Gate), by the little white building
:arrow: 80-120k @ 24-28kph / 50-75 miles @ 15-18mph usually, but nobody gets dropped
:arrow: Boxhill is almost definite (as is a short tea / cake / toilet / bottle refill stop at the top - usually around 15-20mins)
As ever I'd like to emphasise that new faces are more than welcome and actively encouraged, and that applies to lurkers / long-time 'thread watchers' / any who haven't been able to make it along previously / those who don't want to commit on here but might feel like turning up on the day - please do join us if you want to! Be good to see some of the faces we have seen over the past months re-appear too - Nick? Ryan? Lucy? You all still there?...!! :lol:

A collection point at Hampton Court will most likely be on the cards as that tends to be the route out. Please let us know if you plan to take this option - it's usually just a fly-by quick hello and on the move again so if you plan to use this option we need to know, and please be on time (although there can sometimes be delays getting moving at Richmond Park so there is the potential for us to be a little late coming through). Collection time there is likely to be around 20-30mins after the agreed RP start time so again, keep an eye out.

So, who is about this weekend and when? :shock: 8) :D

Comments

• Fuji Mackers
    Fuji Mackers Posts: 122
    hi - just though I would logon to check everyone is still training hard. I'm doing my best to lose all my hardearned fitness, havent ridden since the Fred, but I hope I'll be able to join up for a RPCC ride towards the end of this month.

Enjoy this weekends ride, and any upcoming sportives/races...
  • J09
    J09 Posts: 122
    edited June 2009
    This weekend I'll try to be there, as long as the weather cooperates...

Not an early start if it's my way, please.
  • thebongolian
    thebongolian Posts: 333
    Sorry, not for me this weekend - out of town Sat and agreed to lead a slooooooow ride to Brighton with work colleagues on Sunday.... keeping fingers crossed for better weather
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    Saturday should be good for me - last Saturday before the Pyrenees :D .
    Feeling a tad off colour at the moment but lots of lemon drinks and positive thinking will overcome this :x
    J09 - 9am (give or take a couple of minutes :oops: ) is good for me.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Rich-Ti
    phips wrote:
    Haven't decided yet. I'm currently having a 'crap motivation' week.
    What?? F?&k it, I'll stay here - I'll ride that new bike of yours...!! :lol::wink:
  • voxegam
    voxegam Posts: 244
    I'm coming home tomorrow so keen to get back out on some rides with you guys. Sunday is good for me so long as my forks turn up.
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
    Planet-X (now winter-bike)
  • J09
    J09 Posts: 122
    Met Miguel today at Richmond (I was out for a 3 laper). We're both in for saturday, on a 9am start. Back in time for lunch, please...
  • Berns12
    Berns12 Posts: 198
    Count me in.

For the Frayers what is the consensus? Do we do a hard hit out, as one last bout before the big day, a medium ride or a cruisy short one just to keep the legs moving and reduce risk of accident, injury or fatigue?

I am keen for a mid-long hit out but that's only because last weekend was a write off.
  • Rich-Ti
    Berns12 wrote:
    For the Frayers what is the consensus? Do we do a hard hit out, as one last bout before the big day, a medium ride or a cruisy short one just to keep the legs moving and reduce risk of accident, injury or fatigue?
    Whatever you do now will have no benefit next weekend Bern - that's whay I'm taking it easy and heading back to my folks for a weekend of R&R and a steady MTB ride. No point hitting it hard this weekend, but likewise it won't hurt to get some decent mileage in.

Just don't wear yourself out of get injured! :wink::lol:
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    +1. No point stepping things up now. We talked yesterday about doing the 'winter run' at a steady pace which should get us back for lunchtime.
  • Berns12
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    Berns12 wrote:
    Whatever you do now will have no benefit next weekend Bern - that's whay I'm taking it easy and heading back to my folks for a weekend of R&R and a steady MTB ride. No point hitting it hard this weekend, but likewise it won't hurt to get some decent mileage in.

Just don't wear yourself out of get injured! :wink::lol:

Good plan Rich. Apolgies, forgot you, Mike and Mal have the DL as well...

If you are going home...any chance of bringing back to London some Parklife specials? :)
  • Rich-Ti
    Berns12 wrote:
    If you are going home...any chance of bringing back to London some Parklife specials? :)
    I'll be there on Sat after the MTB ride :D

Seriously though Bern, if I did get some do you really think they'd make it back to London intact?!! :P :lol:
  • Rich-Ti
    phips wrote:
    Weather looking better for Saturday now, so I'm up for this
    Damn, missing the Parlee's first RPCC outing! :(:lol:
  • NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    Hmm i must give you lot a try soon. Just want to get my distance up as well as my average KPH. I think my current 75km with a average 20/24KPH would be too slow and p*ss you off :oops: My knees tend to go once i hit the 70km mark :cry:
  • Berns12
    NWLondoner wrote:
    Hmm i must give you lot a try soon. Just want to get my distance up as well as my average KPH. I think my current 75km with a average 20/24KPH would be too slow and p*ss you off :oops: My knees tend to go once i hit the 70km mark :cry:

Mate, I think we are doing a short and easy one tomorrow as some guys are doing the David Lloyd and the Quebrantahuesos the following weekend. The talk is around 80km or so...so you will just have to hang one for another 10km on dodgy knees :)

You should come along as it will be a good weekend to get involved :)
  • Berns12
    So has everyone showed their hands for tomorrow? Current RC I can see is

Phips
    The Flying Scotsman
    Me
    J09
    Big Mig
    NW Londoner (?)
  • jrduquemin
    jrduquemin Posts: 791
    I'll be tagging on the ride also Bernard. Trying out the shiny new wheels also :-)
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • Esoteric80
    Esoteric80 Posts: 84
    expect to be there tomorrow also.
  • jrduquemin
    jrduquemin Posts: 791
    Nice one James :-) See you in the morning :-) 9am is the start time I assume?
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • NWLondoner
    Ok count me in. Hope I dont get dropped too soon. 9am start then? I must be a bloody fool LOL
  • Rich-Ti
    NWLondoner wrote:
    I must be a bloody fool LOL
    Not at all - the boys will look after you, and I reckon you'll enjoy it 8)
  • Berns12
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    NWLondoner wrote:
    I must be a bloody fool LOL
    Not at all - the boys will look after you, and I reckon you'll enjoy it 8)

Aye we will be fine and it will be a bit of fun...I think between Phips, Art and myself we know the way.

How does this route sound: RP down through to Hound Hil then hang a left towards Ranmore, up Box, then home?

Looks like a strong turn out tomorrow adding in Julian, Esoteric and NW Londoner!

See y'all at 9 tomorrow.
  • Berns12
    NWLondoner wrote:
    Ok count me in. Hope I dont get dropped too soon. 9am start then? I must be a bloody fool LOL

Don't worry mate we don't drop anyone. It will be fine.
  • Rich-Ti
    phips wrote:
    Scratch Art and myself from that - we're about as much use as a chocolate fireguard when it comes to navigating the south downs. I can barely find my way to Hampton Wick ;)
    Doesn't bode well when you've called them the 'south downs' too - they're a good 30 miles or so from them! Surrey Hills and North Downs is where we ride Phipsy! :lol: :roll:
  • NWLondoner
    phips wrote:
    Berns12 wrote:
    Aye we will be fine and it will be a bit of fun...I think between Phips, Art and myself we know the way.

NWLondoner, you'll be fine - we leave nobody behind. Sometimes the roll out of town gets a bit pacey, but sitting in you'll get towed along just fine. We re-group at the top of hills. Will you be riding down from NWLondon too? I start from Swiss Cottage and grab Berns12 at Bayswater Road if you want to roll down to RP with us.

Thanks for the offer. I may take you up on that in the future but for now i will cheat and let the train take the strain. I'll hop on the the London Overground at Finchley Road & Frognal thru to Richmond.

If for any reason i am not at the gate by 9 then just head off without me, however as long as my alarm clock does what it's supposed to i'll be there.

See you all at 9

Ryan