RPCC Ride - Sat 6th / Sun 7th

2»

Comments

• Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    Just to clarify, 7 people so far, not 7am start (heaven forbid :shock: )
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
    Just to clarify, 7 people so far, not 7am start (heaven forbid :shock: )
    You can be damn sure I'd be late for that!! :lol:

I'm sure we can string a route together - I did a fairly leisurely one on Monday that was 3.5hrs and 100k and took in Ranmore & BH so that could work 8)
  • Art Vandelay
    Rich, you haven't experienced the Leith Hill 'River Bed' route yet - might have to slip that in...
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich, you haven't experienced the Leith Hill 'River Bed' route yet - might have to slip that in...
    Sounds intriguing, I'm game :P
  • Myk-ee
    Myk-ee Posts: 276
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    Sounds intriguing, I'm game :P

Nah, I've done that route and it's horrible! Had horse poop all down it as well :x

I'm sure we could find a few good roads..
    It's the vibe of the thing.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Esoteric80
    Esoteric80 Posts: 84
    Looking to join you kids tomorrow for a second outing with RPCC.

Need to be back pretty quick though so will have to see...

F*ck it see you at 9am.
  • The emu
    The emu Posts: 347
    I'm touch and go at the moment, feeling pretty crap so about to go to bed and hope its something I can sleep off.

The long grazed legged one
  • J09
    J09 Posts: 122
    I'm probably in, but like Berns only for a quick appearance, as I want to be home around 12:00...

Also depending on the weather. I really don't want to crash in the rain again...
  • The emu
    The emu Posts: 347
    Sorry after a torrent week at work I just needed a sleep in today and recharge the batteries.

So who's gong to Nocturne later today? Al I'll call you later on.

Also need some help from fellow RPPCers here. :wink:

The long grazed legged one
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    Hi all.. woke up at 8.20, then went to sleep again. Hence non appareance this morning, nit that I ever said I was coming, mind. My first lie in in 3 weeks and feel much better for it now.

Am toying with making an appearance at the Nocturne, but just trying to work out PT options.
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Art Vandelay
    The sun almost came out a couple of times...Good ride though with a steady pace today. 7 started with Berns pulling out after 10 seconds and Phips about 5 minutes later :P
    Glad I pushed myself out the flat this morning as tomorrow is looking nasty :(
    Bit of a horrific car v dog incident on the road back to Richmond :(

:!: FYI: Farringdon and Barbican stations are closed today so your best bet is Moorgate on the Northern Line for the Nocturne. :!:
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829

:!: FYI: Farringdon and Barbican stations are closed today so your best bet is Moorgate on the Northern Line for the Nocturne. :!:
    Yeah - just working out how to go
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Rich-Ti
    Good ride that, despite the rain... although I have to admit if it wasn't for the impending Dave Lloyd and the new toy I reckon I'd have bailed too! :lol:

:: EDIT :: No idea on the distance today as I seem to have stopped my Garmin! Can anyone enlighten me?!

Won't enjoy the memory of that poor little dog, but I'm glad I had words with the car driver - I just hope they did turn back :evil:

And now to flick through the copy of Rouleur that's just landed on my doormat whilst eating cake and drinking coffee before heading to Smithfield... 8)
  • urrrrrrrrrs
    urrrrrrrrrs Posts: 478

Chancery Lane is a better bet on the Central Line,walk down to Holborn Circus,bear left into Chaterhouse Street and Voila !!!

8th March 2010,Spain ,Here I come !!!!!!
  • urrrrrrrrrs
    urrrrrrrrrs Posts: 478
    alternatively,get a Taxi From Waterloo :P cost £7 :wink:

8th March 2010,Spain ,Here I come !!!!!!
  • thebongolian
    thebongolian Posts: 333
    Thanks for the ride guys. Glad I got out and did something even if the legs weren't cooperating

Let's hope the clouds continue to clear for the Nocturne
  • Myk-ee
    Myk-ee Posts: 276
    Yep, good ride. Rain wasn't that bad in the end. We should investigate a longer route for when the weather is no good to avoid some of the muck and potholes.

My distance door to door was 95kms, so about 80kms from RP and back.

Unfortunately, the sound of that poor dog is still with me :cry: hope it recovers..
    It's the vibe of the thing.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.