RPCC Ride - Sat 6th / Sun 7th

Rich-Ti
Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
Crikey, the Dave Lloyd Mega Challenge is getting close and I'm getting nervous! Let's get this weekend's thread underway... :shock:

I'm going for a Saturday 9am start and I'm happy to go with the flow regarding the route just as long as I'm back in time to get to Smithfield for the evening's festivities! 8)

I'm also not adverse to riding Sunday at some stage, even if it's just a few park laps or something, so I'm voting both days 8)

Could be persuaded by an 8:30am start, but the Dynamos spectacular could be worth seeing this weekend and I think a couple of the RPCC folk will be there so I'd like to wait for them to post before deciding if that's a go or not.

So, as ever, usual meet & ride plan:
    :arrow: 9am start is most likely,
although keep an eye out as earlier starts seem to be happening now
:arrow: Richmond Gate in Richmond Park, south side (on the left as you come up Sawyer's Hill / on the right if you come through Richmond Gate), by the little white building
:arrow: 80-120k @ 24-28kph / 50-75 miles @ 15-18mph usually, but nobody gets dropped
:arrow: Boxhill is almost definite (as is a short tea / cake / toilet / bottle refill stop at the top - usually around 15-20mins)
As ever I'd like to emphasise that new faces are more than welcome and actively encouraged, and that applies to lurkers / long-time 'thread watchers' / any who haven't been able to make it along previously / those who don't want to commit on here but might feel like turning up on the day - please do join us if you want to! We seem to have seen a new face almost every week so it'd be good if that continued! :D

A collection point at Hampton Court will most likely be on the cards as that tends to be the route out. Please let us know if you plan to take this option - it's usually just a fly-by quick hello and on the move again so if you plan to use this option we need to know, and please be on time (although there can sometimes be delays getting moving at Richmond Park so there is the potential for us to be a little late coming through). Collection time there is likely to be around 20-30mins after the agreed RP start time so again, keep an eye out.

So, who is about this weekend and when? :shock: 8) :D

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jrduquemin
    jrduquemin Posts: 791
    I'm busy on Saturday Rich, heading to the Evans sale with my better half so she can attempt to buy a roadbike. A Sunday ride would be appreciated if there is one going....:-)
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • Berns12
    Berns12 Posts: 198
    jrduquemin wrote:
    I'm busy on Saturday Rich, heading to the Evans sale with my better half so she can attempt to buy a roadbike. A Sunday ride would be appreciated if there is one going....:-)

No can do this Saturday for me either. I am doing the 'Mo parade lap with Phips at 8 and will probably stay on to do the fast laps with them, as I have to be home around lunch to take my bike to my LBS. Failing that I will probably do a direct run to BH and back after the 'Mo parade lap.

I could be persuaded for a spin on Sunday, Julian if you are keen. But that also depends on the verdict from my LBS.
  • jrduquemin
    jrduquemin Posts: 791
    I am keen for a ride on Sunday Bernard, let me know what your plans are once you hear from your LBS. you've got my mobile number if you need to get hold of me...
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    Saturday is good with me. 9am sounds like a good idea this week - Rich, set your clock 10 minutes fast :P
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich, set your clock 10 minutes fast :P
    I know, sorry... :oops: :lol:
  • Myk-ee
    Myk-ee Posts: 276
    I'm looking good for a saturday run, 9am is okay but always happy to go a little earler 8)

Looking forward to it :)
    It's the vibe of the thing.
  • Myk-ee
    phips wrote:
    Saturday is good with me. 9am sounds like a good idea this week - Rich, set your clock 10 minutes fast :P

Kettle, pot, "hello, you're black!"

;)

I was thinking that too...
    phips wrote:
    Maybe I'll take the 'nago
    Is the parlee ready and built now, how much doesn't it weigh?
  • Myk-ee
    phips wrote:
    Myk-ee wrote:
    phips wrote:
    Maybe I'll take the 'nago
    Is the parlee ready and built now, how much doesn't it weigh?

It's about ready, aye. Just got to do bar tape, stick some brake blocks on t' front (always handy) and tighten all the various cables. It's tipping the scales at 6.6 at the moment, sans tape. Probably around 6.8 with tape then.

So not uber light, but hardly heavy either. It'll do ;)

Sweet.

still lighter than mine :shock:
  • The emu
    The emu Posts: 347
    Short of my chain snapping in half I'll be there at 9 :wink:

The long grazed legged one
  • The emu
    The emu Posts: 347
    phips wrote:
    Bah - http://metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/dayforecast.asp?zipcode=TW10&day=2

I'll still go out, but maybe for a shorter one. And on the 'trainer' rather than the shiny new bike ;)

Not a bad trainer. :roll:

Dynamo's Parade reduced by two thirds... :?:

The long grazed legged one
  • Rich-Ti
    phips wrote:
    Bah - http://metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/dayforecast.asp?zipcode=TW10&day=2

I'll still go out, but maybe for a shorter one. And on the 'trainer' rather than the shiny new bike ;)
    But the rain's not due til 1pm! :wink::lol:

I'll be on my 'winter bike'... :wink::lol: :roll:
  • Rich-Ti
    phips wrote:
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    I'll be on my 'winter bike'... :wink::lol: :roll:
    Well, it is snow white, so why not?
    :lol:
  • Berns12
    Phips if you are keen/afraid of the weather forecast I plan for a quick dash and back by lunch.

I also have recruited a newbie who maybe joining us, someone I met from the King of the Downs a few weeks ago. With him coming on board may tip the make up of our group in the Antipodean favour :)
  • Berns12
    phips wrote:
    Berns12 wrote:
    Phips if you are keen/afraid of the weather forecast I plan for a quick dash and back by lunch.

Cheers Bern. That could be a plan. I've decided, I don't mind rain once I'm out in it. I hate wind though (the irony of that statement coming from me)

I don't care if it's utterly lashing it down, I'm still gonna do the Dynamo's ride. I'll decide after that what the next step is ;)

Richmond Gate, 9am, as per usual then anyway folks.

Usual pick up point around 7.20 to make it to the Dynamo start line?
  • Rich-Ti
    phips wrote:
    Wilf, you want picking up nice and early too? You can always go do some pre-ride warm up laps ;)
    Shout if you do head to RP with these 2 Wilf and I'll come and join you for a couple of pre-ride laps 8)
  • Berns12
    phips wrote:
    Berns12 wrote:
    Usual pick up point around 7.20 to make it to the Dynamo start line?

Aye lad, sounds like a plan.

Wilf, you want picking up nice and early too? You can always go do some pre-ride warm up laps ;)

Phips: remember Dynamo gear for Saturday...the Rapha stuff will have to remain at home until the evening at Smithfields... :D

I will be ordering my Gilet from Rapha soon and be joining the ranks...
  • thebongolian
    thebongolian Posts: 333
    Count me in too - if only for the choice of which bike to ride...
  • Mal-inger
    Mal-inger Posts: 15
    I'll be along this weekend - rain or shine, possibly masquerading as a dynamo for the RP super-lap

Phips - I'll swing by at about 7?
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    Think we're 7 for tomorrow:
    Rich, Phips, Emu, Mal, Bongolian, Mykee and Me
    + brief appearance from Berns and + 1.
    Met office is saying light rain at 7am then cloudy but dry.
    Any one with a route in mind - I'm keen to be back at RP for 1ish.