Giro Stage 21 *spoiler*

Comments

• Quite Frankly
    Quite Frankly Posts: 386
    Di Luca is slowing down. 17 seconds down at second check point.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    afx237vi wrote:
    We all know 8 seconds in the Tour, but what's the smallest winning margin in the Giro?

Harmon perfectly on cue :lol: 11 seconds in 1948, Magni won.
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    is he gonna regret being on his road bike?
  • Quite Frankly
    Menchov 14 seconds faster than Di Luca at second check point. Need a crash now.
  • afx237vi
    BTW, who the flip is Ignatus Konavanovalos?

I might have spelled that wrong.

Game over now.
  • Moomaloid
    god i wish i'd picked Menchov now... hope i don't lose my top 3 PTP place...
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Has Basso overhauled Sastre in the Gc?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Quite Frankly
    Menchov the winner of the 2009 Giro d'Italia.

CRAASHHHHHH
  • afx237vi
    OMFG
  • Quite Frankly
    Menchov does still win it!

Bloody Hell!
  • Moomaloid
    WOW! Adrenaline rush!!
  • afx237vi
    Denis looks like he's going to nut someone in a minute. RUUUUNNNNNNN!
  • Quite Frankly
    Did Di Luca go off too quickly?

What a finish :lol:
  • afx237vi
    iainf72 wrote:
    Has Basso overhauled Sastre in the Gc?

Nope. Bah.
  • Noodley
    Noodley Posts: 1,725
    afx237vi wrote:
    OMFG

OMFG indeed!! :shock:
    I have just recovered, having fallen off my chair and gone into paralysis :lol:
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    There was no need for Dennis to do that, just to wake Iain up! :lol:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    edited May 2009
    Menchov would have won that stage but for the fall (and especially if it hadn't started raining heavier during his run) - great teamwork for the replacement bike - brilliant result for him overall though - congrats Denis :) - he would have beaten Wiggins rain or sunshine.
  • afx237vi
    Iain will be happy that the last minute and a half was exciting, at least. :wink:
  • Moomaloid
    Noodley wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    OMFG

P***ing Myself!! :lol:
  • Moomaloid
    SO anyone get the winner then? LOL
  • avoidingmyphd
    avoidingmyphd Posts: 1,154
    in the moment menchov went down, I found out just how much I dislike di luca.
  • afx237vi
    Tennis commentator: "Welcome back to Roland Garros on the most dramatic of days - Rafael Nadal is 2 sets to 1 down!"

WHAT?

He wasn't watching the Giro was he?
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    edited May 2009
    EPIC

untitled-4.jpg
    GO MENCHOV

Incredible finish, just incredible. He would have proably got the stage win too which would have been a fine way to win. Great work by the Rabo guys to get him going so quickly. Can you imagine what was going through his and Menchov's minds! Congratulations Menchov!

WHAT emotion from him at the end, I really, really want a photo of that. If they missed that then bah.

Shame about Wiggins - the rain certainly lost it for him.

A bit bizzare that Di Luca didn't go for a TT bike - can't figure that one out really.

Valjavec is a very impressive 9th. Imagine if he had any support let alone a whole team of it.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Quite Frankly
    Arguably the most dramatic finish to a GT ever and Eurosport don't even wait for some reaction from the riders.

Fair enough Nadal possibly losing on clay at the French Open is massive sporting news but come on.
  • Noodley
    Moomaloid wrote:
    Noodley wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    OMFG

P***ing Myself!! :lol:

I was watching on a live video feed with separate Eurosport audio feed. The video feed was about 30 secs ahead of the audio and the commentor was still going on about the only way Menchov would lose if was if he fell off....I was screaming at the screen to "shut the f*** up you idiot he's off his bike he's, off his bike... Oh f*** he's off his bike! My PTP Giro glory is in tatters!" :lol:
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Arguably the most dramatic finish to a GT ever and Eurosport don't even wait for some reaction from the riders.

Fair enough Nadal possibly losing on clay at the French Open is massive sporting news but come on.

If ES aren't showing the presentations you can watch them here:
    http://www.channelsurfing.net/watch-giro-d-italia.html
    Contador is the Greatest
  • afx237vi
    Noodley wrote:
    I was watching on a live video feed with separate Eurosport audio feed. The video feed was about 30 secs ahead of the audio and the commentor was still going on about the only way Menchov would lose if was if he fell off....I was screaming at the screen to "shut the f*** up you idiot he's off his bike he's, off his bike... Oh f*** he's off his bike! My PTP Giro glory is in tatters!" :lol:

Then what? You jumped off your sofa and went running round, a la Denis, with your arms in the air looking vaguely psychotic?! :lol:

Waiting for Gazzetta to post the final GC then we can confirm your moment of glory.
  • Noodley
    afx237vi wrote:
    Noodley wrote:
    Then what? You jumped off your sofa and went running round, a la Denis, with your arms in the air looking vaguely psychotic?! :lol:

I thought he was fairly restrained in comparison to my behaviour! :lol: :oops: :shock: :lol:

My kids have run away....
  • shakey88
    shakey88 Posts: 289
    So Menhov wins the battle of the super bloods.Woopee-do
  • jimycooper
    jimycooper Posts: 740
    OMG OMG OMG/b]

just saw the highlights!! what a finish!! couldnt believe my eyes when menchov came off!! wow!