Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    edited June 2009
    Best was the castorama 'overalls' :D

PICT0258-1.jpg
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,716
    Replica kit has shot up in price the last couple of seasons.

The last one I bought was FC Barcelona Cycling and it was about £29.99.

Where has this £40, £60 and £80 come from... ?

Exchange rate?
  • IanLD
    IanLD Posts: 423
    whyamihere wrote:
    I've always loved the Euskaltel-Euskadi kit. I might have to buy myself one.

Got it myself whilst it was still made by Etxeondo. Not cheap at all, but looks great. Now made in Italy which seems a bit odd for a Basque cycling team.

I've never had cars give me as much room as they do when I'm bright orange (usually happens on a hill - makes me match the Euskaltel gear!)
  • DomPro
    DomPro Posts: 321
    The Euskatel is my fav too. Nice bright colours, plus I've already got the Euskatel branded shimano R540 pedals.

Having just purchased a few new bibs/jerseys I won't be getting any more kit for a few months at least. :idea:
    Shazam !!
  • Anonymous
    Discovery, anyone?

DiscoFredtext.jpg
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Cervelo by far is the best kit.
  • NapoleonD wrote:
    Discovery, anyone?

Are you typing "fat men + lycra" into a google image search?
  • Anonymous
    no, it's a photo of me.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    I really like the Liquigas kit. But then again that's probably cos Basso's such an annoyingly good looking chap he makes most gear look good.

CdE's pretty sharp and I like the Rabo kit. I also am probably the only person in the world that doesn't hate the LPR kit. Needs be worn with green lenses mind.

Can't stand Astana, Columbia or Silence. Most of the rest are pretty forgetable.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Euskaltel probably my favourite. Not the same now it isn't made by Etxeondo.

I like lampre too... Considering another Pro Jersey this summer but just can't make my mind up. That Quick Step retro kit was brilliant though.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • NapoleonD wrote:
    no, it's a photo of me.

In both of them?
  • bobtbuilder
    bobtbuilder Posts: 1,537
    This year's offerings are fairly bland IMO. I really liked the last 2 seasons Liquigas kits, but this year's isn't great.

Quickstep Retro
    FDJ

Dislikes:

Texas Roadhouse (not Pro Tour, I know)
    Columbia
    LPR
    CTT
    Silence Lotto
  • Anonymous
    NapoleonD wrote:
    no, it's a photo of me.

In both of them?

Yes. See what cycling does to you?
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Okay I'll come clean - I quite like the columbia kit (black shorts only!)

My favourite is Cervelo followed by CdE quite like silence lotto too.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Anonymous
    Columbia is growing on me, not in a 'fungal infection' kind of way, more like the 'resigned to being married to the wife so i may as well make an effort' kind of way.
  • I rate the Cervelo kit (just ordered some). I also am a big fan of the lampre kit. Not sure if i can get away with wear a pink kit yet though, might wait until i get in A grade for that :P
    2009 Cervelo S1
    2008 Specialized Allez Elite
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    edited August 2009
    Vintage Castorama.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • disgruntledgoat
    I have a gorgeous Kappa made, Lampre-Caffita jersey with a brilliantly cut collar and a concealed zip... my absolute favourite jersey!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • love that kit ! i also have a soft spot for that crazy carerra one where the shorts looked like denim!

400marco-pantani,0.jpg
  • disgruntledgoat
    I've got that one too!

@gietvangent
  • AO1504
    AO1504 Posts: 57
    Replica kit has shot up in price the last couple of seasons.

Also the amount of fake kits that are rife on places like ebay
  • AO1504
    AO1504 Posts: 57
    The Carrera kit was one of my faves - the one with the white top though.
  • i loved the fake pockets on the back of the shorts! genuis....
  • markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    Euskaltel-Euskadi is my favorite. I'm a bit sad really as I bought it because I ride an Orbea and wanted to match. It has a bonus as the colour is so striking that I had a car driver say to me he could see me for miles and why didn't all cyclists wear it. I also have a fantasy that I can climb as well as Sanchez!
  • IanLD
    IanLD Posts: 423
    markos1963 wrote:
    Euskaltel-Euskadi is my favorite. I'm a bit sad really as I bought it because I ride an Orbea and wanted to match.

Same reason I got mine to start with too although i'd always liked the colours. Getting my Orbea 'forced' me down the road of getting Etxeondo gear and also the Euskaltel kit.

Bit miffed now that it is made by Nalini - not all Basque made (although I suppose the Campag on my Orbea put paid to that anyway!)
  • drenkrom
    drenkrom Posts: 1,062
    The absolute best kit I've seen is those Carrera simili-jeans long tights that my friend owns. He never stops wearing them since he crashed in them and ripped gaping holes into the knees. "Tight, ripped jeans and lycra: the summum of 80's chic" as he says...
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    I might get one of the Euskatel Jerseys, I already have a Euskatel Catlike Whisper helmet to match it.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Hi, Don't post very often but wanted to say that Euskaltel is my fave. I have this years Euskaltel jersey it's cool. I'm not a massive fan of replica kits - nothing worse than seeing an amateur in a Discovery jersey.

Last week I saw a guy out in a 07 "chucked-off-the-tour" Cofidis jersey and it made me think... can you get your money back when your jersey gets 'devalued' by a doping scandal? Any nominations for most scandalous jersey - I'm guessing Festina 98 kit would be most notorious?
  • Anonymous
    At the moment it would be last year's Saunier Devalue, er I mean Duval. Although PBK have yet to cotton on to this...