What Famous People Have you seen on your Commute

Porgy
Porgy Posts: 4,525
edited June 2009 in Commuting chat
I saw Marc Almond walking along in Bermondsey a few weeks ago. He was waving at the traffic. :lol:

And a couple of years ago Keith Chegwin stepped onto the road without looking and had to jump out of my way very quickly. :twisted:

About four years ago Sean Locke was giving me a funny look as I cycled past him in Victoria Park - I was trying to work out what I could say to him, and then he looked like he was going to say something to me, and we just ended up staring at each other for a few seconds. :?

So - Have you seen any notable persons on your commute? If so, please do tell.

Comments

• robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    Sean Lock is BRILLIANT! Sorry, just needed to say that.
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    James Cracknell

Richard Ashcroft
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Porgy
    Robmanic1 wrote:
    Sean Lock is BRILLIANT! Sorry, just needed to say that.

That's what I wanted to say to him, more or less. but felt embarrassed.

I saw Fish once and told him he was a tw.at - that wasn;t embarrassing. :P
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Yasmin Le Bon

Simon Le Bon

Montserrat Lombard

Matthew Horne
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    I've seen Trevor Eve on the train and bumped into Richard E Grant walking arround London, but nothing on the bike yet.
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    I saw a reflection of me in the Window of a shop..... I felt honoured :oops:
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    DonDaddyD wrote:

With or without Kuota, it is important...!

The Wurzels (Loading up a van) - how Somerset!

Nick Park (My wife works with him or Gromit fame)

In the car, I have seen loads of celebs...and I walked into Claudia Schiffer in Geneva airport, almost knocked her flying - one the happiest days of my life!
  • robmanic1
    gtvlusso wrote:

In the car, I have seen loads of celebs...and I walked into Claudia Schiffer in Geneva airport, almost knocked her flying - one the happiest days of my life!

What with? :shock:
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

• mrc1
    mrc1 Posts: 852
    I pass Boris Johnson a couple of times a month going across London Bridge (generally with more success than that lorry driver).
    http://www.ledomestiquetours.co.uk

Le Domestique Tours - Bespoke cycling experiences with unrivalled supported riding, knowledge and expertise.

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1
  • Feltup
    Feltup Posts: 1,340
    Paul Daniels and Debbie stepped out in front of me on Henley Bridge. Bleeding magic that was.
    Short hairy legged roadie FCN 4 or 5 in my baggies.

Felt F55 - 2007
    Specialized Singlecross - 2008
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
    Peugeot Tourmalet - 1983 - taken more hits than Mohammed Ali
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Feltup wrote:
    Paul Daniels and Debbie stepped out in front of me on Henley Bridge. Bleeding magic that was.

Did you get them ? :twisted:
  • biondino
    Emily Watson has just walked past my office (like, in my building, with my boss), does that count?
  • Porgy
    biondino wrote:
    Emily Watson has just walked past my office (like, in my building, with my boss), does that count?

Were you riding your bike in the office?
  • Porgy
    biondino wrote:
    Yasmin Le Bon

Simon Le Bon

Wow - what a coincidence - seeing them both, like.
  • nickolus parsons ...remember him
    marti pellow {singer}
    alex mc liesh [football}
    larry mullen jr {u2 drummer}

all in edinburgh.
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    Will Self
    Boris
    Chris Morris
  • jamesco
    jamesco Posts: 687
    Jodie Kidd

Also Taine Randell (former All Blacks captain, world-famous in New Zealand :))
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    I was left hooked some years ago in Islington by Martine Mcutcheon (well, she was famous then! "I 'ate you Graaaaan' Mitchell".)

She cut across me, then had to stop due to pedestrians in the side street - I only just missed her, and gave the obligatory slap to the roof of her VW golf. She looked out the window and swore at me like a fishwife! (I'm from Grimsby originally, so believe me I know what a fishwife swearing is like!)

PBo
  • biondino
    Porgy wrote:
    biondino wrote:

Were you riding your bike in the office?

Funnily enough when I came in to work on Saturday last weekend I did, er, do a couple of laps of the office on my Focus :oops:
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Did you check out your riding position and pedalling action?

Or just check out how your legs were looking? :wink:
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Ooooh ooh I've seen:

David Cameron (a few times) (on his bike)
    Jack Dee
    Michael Parkinson
    Liam Neeson
    Bob Geldof (on my 'commute' to Finland)

And I feel desperately uncool as I don't know who any of Blondie's are... apart from the le Bon family...
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Oh yeah, Lembit Opik, a couple of weeks back. And Dominic Whatshischops - one of the Shadow Cabinet folk.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • In Islington I've seen the short bald mouthy lawyer who was on every show for ages...Clive Anderson. I also saw the guy who played the smarmy creep in Elderado - Jess someone (Birdsall? poss)

Mate saw the guy who played Billy Elliot on our regular commute.

Sorry about not knowing the names - not much up for celebrity culture, though there are a few that I would willingly RLJ if I thought I had a chance to take them out!!!!
    Pain is only weakness leaving the body
  • On my "commute" over the san gottardo pass I saw Team Astana (pre lance), they posed for a pic, while Kloden was pissing against a wall.Nice
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    I was standing by my bike (does that count?) the other week when...

kristen-schaal.jpg

Kristen Schaal walked up the opposite side of the road. Sadly, it was minus the chicken.
  • el_presidente
    el_presidente Posts: 1,963
    Barack Obama and Michelle Obama driving round Richmond Park in The Beast. Also in Regents Park, but on a separate occasion Michael Winner driving a Rolls. And Freddie Flintoff going to Lords for the Windies test the other week.
    <a>road</a>
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    I don't know what most "famous" people look like unless I see them in context.

Ross Kemp used to drive past me when I was walking down the country lanes to school. I would have cycled but they closed the bike sheds, for some inexplicable reason.

Oh, and I once rode a tandem with Prince Charles - does that count?
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • biondino
    _Brun_ wrote:

kristen-schaal.jpg

Kristen Schaal walked up the opposite side of the road. Sadly, it was minus the chicken.

Where is the envy emoticon? I saw her stage show at Edinburgh last year. She's cuter in the flesh.
  • vorsprung
    vorsprung Posts: 1,953
    My route goes past Josh Stone (aka Stoker)'s house in Hemyock

I've seen her a couple of times in that pink car of hers

This is the only celebrity in Devon so don't expect too many other posts on this thread
  • robmanic1
    _Brun_ wrote:

kristen-schaal.jpg

SHE IS GENIUS!!!