COME ON UTD.

Comments

• Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Not that I'm that bothered but part of me would love to see the Mancs get stuffed due to the total lack of respect they afford to the domestic knock out trophies.

If it weren't for the fact all small clubs dream of drawing them in the fa cup I'd ban them from entering it for a season or two.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    Infamous wrote:
    He also played more games than any other Spurs player this year (OPTA stats).
    Now there's a true award. None of your champions of england, europe and the world nonsense, lennon has played more games for spurs. proper player imo.

Harsh :lol: . The point I was making was in answer to him not being ar5ed to play :P He doesnt always put his cross in the right place but I will never tire of watching left backs running backwards when he gets the ball in space 8)
  • pugwashcp
    pugwashcp Posts: 120
    Bugger!! :(
    He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    johnfinch wrote:
    maander wrote:
    They're not everyone's favourite team,
    and there are a few "Johnny come latelys",

a few ?!?! :shock: :shock:

Just as there are "a few" stars in the universe.

Everyone forgets the year United were in the old 2nd division. I remember being part of a
    60,585 crowd when United beat Sunderland (who were then 2nd in the table) 3-2. Check
    out United's average attendances over the years. I mean from the 60s, 70s and 80s. They
    always had a higher average attendance than other teams.
  • pugwashcp
    Out-classed and out-played...we need a miracle. :(
  • deffler
    deffler Posts: 829
    Oops. x
    Boardman Hybrid Pro

Planet X XLS
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    deffler

Lol, Tyne & Wear - I suppose the Liverpool fans have got to come from somewhere...
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • redddraggon
    I guess United just aren't good enough to win either the FA Cup or the Champions League
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • on the road
    on the road Posts: 5,631
    What a great score line :lol:
  • trisomy21
    trisomy21 Posts: 14
    Is there a finer sight than seeing Scholes standing there without a big grin on his big, ginger bake? :D
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    Losing the Champions League final is the least of MU's worries. £800,000,000 in debt and reporting profits that don't even cover the interest.

When the recession catches up with football there is going to be a bloodbath.
  • pdstsp
    pdstsp Posts: 1,264
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • pugwashcp
    Congratulations to Barca.

They took United out of their stride with the first goal and never let them back into it. I had to count the number of players they had on the field at one point because they were stroking it around like they had two more than we did. If it wasn't for the fact that I'm a Man Utd fan it would have been a pleasure to watch.

The season ended on a downer but in retrospect three trophies isn't a bad return. I mean it could have been a lot worse.....we could have played our guts out all season and had nothing to shout about but an away win at our greatest rivals, eh!! :wink:
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Post-match analysis:

Heh-heh
  • jellybellywmb
    jellybellywmb Posts: 1,379
    Oh such a shame!!
    And excuse me but Nottingham Forest won the European Cup (Oh sorry Champions Legue) twice in successive years and that was in the days of when you lost a cup game you were out!! none of this two legs away goal sh1t!!
    "BEER" Proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    trisomy21 wrote:
    Is there a finer sight than seeing Scholes standing there without a big grin on his big, ginger bake? :D

Yep - seeing Ronaldo without his arrogant, up his own ar5e grin, almost in tears. :D
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • finchy
    maander wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:
    maander wrote:
    They're not everyone's favourite team,
    and there are a few "Johnny come latelys",

a few ?!?! :shock: :shock:

Just as there are "a few" stars in the universe.

Everyone forgets the year United were in the old 2nd division. I remember being part of a
    60,585 crowd when United beat Sunderland (who were then 2nd in the table) 3-2. Check
    out United's average attendances over the years. I mean from the 60s, 70s and 80s. They
    always had a higher average attendance than other teams.

I wasn't doubting the size of Man U's traditional support, just pointing out that the Johnny-come-lately fans number more than "a few".
  • on the road
    on the road Posts: 5,631
    Champs1.jpg
  • finchy
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nice photo
  • Barca were great, full stop. I'm an exiled-Red and it hurt but you still have to hand it to the better team. It was a shame in one way though as I was quite hoping the Henry would miss out on the top prize, blimey you think Ronaldo is up himself! And can you imagine Rafa Benites being so sporting in defeat as Fergie was tonight?
    And as for Lennon....if you think he's good it shows how easily pleased you are down the 'Lane.
    Start Weight: 128 kilos (20.2 st) (April 17th 2009)
    Current Weight:119 kilos (18.7 st) (June 18th 2009)
    Target Weight: 92 kilos (14.5 st) (sometime mid-2010, hopefully sooner)
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    Barca were great, full stop. I'm an exiled-Red and it hurt but you still have to hand it to the better team. It was a shame in one way though as I was quite hoping the Henry would miss out on the top prize, blimey you think Ronaldo is up himself! And can you imagine Rafa Benites being so sporting in defeat as Fergie was tonight?
    And as for Lennon....if you think he's good it shows how easily pleased you are down the 'Lane.

Aahh, dont be like that :(

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    YEAHHHH GO BARCELONA AWESOME WOOHOOO! :lol:
  • redddraggon
    freehub wrote:
    YEAHHHH GO BARCELONA AWESOME WOOHOOO! :lol:

Last week you were a Man Utd Supporter :?
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • freehub
    I don't like football.
  • redddraggon
    freehub wrote:
    I don't like football.

Too complicated for you?
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • freehub
    No, I'm not gay, don't like watching grown men run around kicking a ball :lol:

:P
  • don key
    don key Posts: 494
    johnfinch wrote:
    Barcelona win plus a couple of the yankee rentboys getting sent off, please Mr God.

Is a yankee knockney slang for another nationality or type of game, possibly played alone, one sided and prone to cheating?

8)
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    trisomy21 wrote:
    Considering the number of absolute cnuts in football these days, if you take so much pleasure in a downcast Paul Scholes you're languishing somewhere beneath pity.
  • _Brun_
    Oh such a shame!!
    And excuse me but Nottingham Forest won the European Cup (Oh sorry Champions Legue) twice in successive years and that was in the days of when you lost a cup game you were out!! none of this two legs away goal sh1t!!
    Congratulations on displaying quite overwhelming ignorance.
  • _Brun_
    Having dealt with the slightly cretinous posts quoted previously, I'll happily admit that as a United supporter I'm gutted that they choked in Rome last night.

I'll confess to having been stubbornly adamant that Barca were simply the best of the bunch in an overrated La Liga (Real v Liverpool, no other Spanish teams in the semi finals etc), but they were simply a different class when it mattered.

Considering the pre-match hyperbole about the "two best players in the world" it was refreshing to see Iniesta put them both in the shade by a country mile, even thought I'd have preferred it to be Carrick, who in comparison, was sh!t.